[ROM][UnOfficial]ArrowOS 11.0[R|Android 11 r_35]

Search This thread

Pranav Temkar

Aug 1, 2016
In latest enforcing build if you all are facing heating that's probably due to se policy denials.
For time being the fix is to flash permissiver.
In next update we will fix se policy denials which are causing device to heat.
Till then just flash the fix

Attachments

• Permissiver_v5.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 16

shashke

Sep 27, 2013
Earth
Okay, Yes. Editing with MixPlorer does the trick. I was using adb to edit build.prop and then pushed the edited version. Seems like I forgot to change the permissions of the edited build.prop

My Bad.

Reactions: Pranav Temkar

EtiamNullam

Apr 13, 2021
Pretty good rom on android 11. Does not seem bloated yet has useful features like working smart charge.

Sadly I'm not able to change CPU clocks using in kernel managers. Other tabs work but when I go to 'CPU' i just get endless loading spinner with whole app locking up ('SmartPack Kernel Manager') or crash ('Power Kernel Booster').

I had same issue on a different rom ( https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/stable-msm-xtended-xr-r-android-11-0-r_31-feb-9th-2021.4175771/ ), which uses completely different rom (kernel 3.x according to description) so I believe its a common issue with roms on android 11 and not really a kernel thing.

I hope it can be fixed. This device is heating and going through battery so quickly on stock clocks.

Pranav Temkar

Aug 1, 2016
Pretty good rom on android 11. Does not seem bloated yet has useful features like working smart charge.

Sadly I'm not able to change CPU clocks using in kernel managers. Other tabs work but when I go to 'CPU' i just get endless loading spinner with whole app locking up ('SmartPack Kernel Manager') or crash ('Power Kernel Booster').

I had same issue on a different rom ( https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/stable-msm-xtended-xr-r-android-11-0-r_31-feb-9th-2021.4175771/ ), which uses completely different rom (kernel 3.x according to description) so I believe its a common issue with roms on android 11 and not really a kernel thing.

I hope it can be fixed. This device is heating and going through battery so quickly on stock clocks.
Alchemy kernel has been underclocked and undervolted and you cannot change the frequency with any kernel managers
Its been done to save battery.
Currently its first enforcing user build and there are few Se policy denials spamming in logs
These denials will be fixed in next userdebug build and it will make the rom heat less
For heating issue i have provided a patch file flash that for now until next build this issue will be fixed
And yes the issue you mentioned above that you are unable to change frequency is only valid for kernels which have uc/uv in trees and you cant change them using any kernel managers also these are set to achieve good battery backup without degrading the overall user experience. Also these frequency can play games good so i see no need of changing those.
On stock frequency it will heat more

Reactions: EtiamNullam

Мax

Jul 15, 2018
Сделайте блокировку минимального уровня яркости в режиме автояркость. Так как это было сделано arrowos в версиях андроид 10. Не стабильная работа В камере со вспышкой ,фото получается тёмными. Хотелось бы в лаунчере иметь возможность скрыть приложения не нужные, в категорию "скрытые". А так же название приложений в две строчки

Last edited:

Мax

Jul 15, 2018
Сделайте блокировку минимального уровня яркости в режиме автояркость. Так как это было сделано arrowos в версиях андроид 10. Не стабильная работа В камере со вспышкой ,фото получается тёмными.

mondechristo1

Dec 15, 2011
Nicosia
Сделайте блокировку минимального уровня яркости в режиме автояркость. Так как это было сделано arrowos в версиях андроид 10. Не стабильная работа В камере со вспышкой ,фото получается тёмными.
Hello mr Max. English only please.

Az Biker

Senior Moderator / RC- RT Committee / Semper Salty
Staff member

Hello mr Max. English only please.

Please post in English. If a second language is required, post it below the English comment, as I have done here. Thank you.

Пожалуйста, размещайте на английском языке. Если требуется второй язык, разместите его под комментарием на английском языке, как я сделал здесь. Спасибо.

EtiamNullam

Apr 13, 2021
Alchemy kernel has been underclocked and undervolted and you cannot change the frequency with any kernel managers
Its been done to save battery.
Currently its first enforcing user build and there are few Se policy denials spamming in logs
These denials will be fixed in next userdebug build and it will make the rom heat less
For heating issue i have provided a patch file flash that for now until next build this issue will be fixed
And yes the issue you mentioned above that you are unable to change frequency is only valid for kernels which have uc/uv in trees and you cant change them using any kernel managers also these are set to achieve good battery backup without degrading the overall user experience. Also these frequency can play games good so i see no need of changing those.
On stock frequency it will heat more
Thanks for explaining how it is! I see now its probably better than what we could achieve solely by kernel manager so it makes perfect sense.

I've already flashed that patch. I don't feel like its heating much in normal use after rom settled in.

I see alchemy kernel is also 3.x, I wonder why not 4.x? Are there no available that work with android 11 or are they worse than 3.x?

Also not really a big issue but seems like I can't configure u-touch button to run custom application. For example nothing happens or appears when you go to:

Settings -> Buttons -> Home button -> Long press action -> Select application

Same when trying to assign application for other "buttons" there.

EDIT:
Is there a way to disable dark mode in battery saver mode? I'd rather have dim white background than cranked up dark background that is hard to read and most likely still uses more power on our device.

Last edited:

Pranav Temkar

Aug 1, 2016

Please post in English. If a second language is required, post it below the English comment, as I have done here. Thank you.

Пожалуйста, размещайте на английском языке. Если требуется второй язык, разместите его под комментарием на английском языке, как я сделал здесь. Спасибо.
Yes please maintain xda rules and follow the same 🙏👍🤍

Pranav Temkar

Aug 1, 2016
Thanks for explaining how it is! I see now its probably better than what we could achieve solely by kernel manager so it makes perfect sense.

I've already flashed that patch. I don't feel like its heating much in normal use after rom settled in.

I see alchemy kernel is also 3.x, I wonder why not 4.x? Are there no available that work with android 11 or are they worse than 3.x?

Also not really a big issue but seems like I can't configure u-touch button to run custom application. For example nothing happens or appears when you go to:

Settings -> Buttons -> Home button -> Long press action -> Select application

Same when trying to assign application for other "buttons" there.

EDIT:
Is there a way to disable dark mode in battery saver mode? I'd rather have dim white background than cranked up dark background that is hard to read and most likely still uses more power on our device.
As per alchemy and statix i can confirm you won't be able to change frequency
Rest all the source related bugs or features request you want to be fixed
You can report it freely on arrow os telegram group devs will assist you there for source side issues.
Click on the link below to join arrow telegram group

EtiamNullam

Apr 13, 2021
As per alchemy and statix i can confirm you won't be able to change frequency
Rest all the source related bugs or features request you want to be fixed
You can report it freely on arrow os telegram group devs will assist you there for source side issues.
Click on the link below to join arrow telegram group

I appreciate your help. I ended up with disabling battery saver completely.

I'm currently experiencing a problem with sound volume. Every time sound is starting, like incoming notification or start of playing some media, at first volume is high (normal) then in a split second its cut down to about 20-40% of volume. Seems like there is some strange volume normalization.

Its especially annoying for notifications as many of them can't be used or sound very weird with fading off volume. Notification will sound normal (albeit quiet) when there is for example some music playing so I'm pretty sure its just some bad volume normalization.

I see it might be some kind of attempt to prevent "pop" when speaker in Zuk engages, but it goes in the wrong direction. Making pop loud but actual sound quiet.

Tried increasing gain in kernel but that's not a way to go as there will be loud spike at the start.

I hope its clear enough and there is something that can be done about it.

Pranav Temkar

Aug 1, 2016
I appreciate your help. I ended up with disabling battery saver completely.

I'm currently experiencing a problem with sound volume. Every time sound is starting, like incoming notification or start of playing some media, at first volume is high (normal) then in a split second its cut down to about 20-40% of volume. Seems like there is some strange volume normalization.

Its especially annoying for notifications as many of them can't be used or sound very weird with fading off volume. Notification will sound normal (albeit quiet) when there is for example some music playing so I'm pretty sure its just some bad volume normalization.

I see it might be some kind of attempt to prevent "pop" when speaker in Zuk engages, but it goes in the wrong direction. Making pop loud but actual sound quiet.

Tried increasing gain in kernel but that's not a way to go as there will be loud spike at the start.

I hope its clear enough and there is something that can be done about it.
Yes we known this sound issue has been with us and we are trying to fix it
Till them you can use viper / dolby

EtiamNullam

Apr 13, 2021
Yes we known this sound issue has been with us and we are trying to fix it
Till them you can use viper / dolby
Sadly I was not able to achieve much using Viper :(

Anyway I've experienced a minor issue that I don't see mentioned anywhere:
Call recording seems to have very low quality. I've never used it before so idk how it should sound but right now its like recording from the first moon landing. At least call quality is good.

I hope it helps you get everything right. Keep up the good work ;)

Pranav Temkar

Aug 1, 2016
Sadly I was not able to achieve much using Viper :(

Anyway I've experienced a minor issue that I don't see mentioned anywhere:
Call recording seems to have very low quality. I've never used it before so idk how it should sound but right now its like recording from the first moon landing. At least call quality is good.

I hope it helps you get everything right. Keep up the good work ;)
For call recording change quality to aac
Amr-wb has bad audio quality

EtiamNullam

Apr 13, 2021
There is no deep sleep while connected to charger but not charging due to 'smart charge' causing ~15% of battery drain per hour. I think this is very stressing for battery longevity.

Screenshot_20210419-123123+text.png

AccuBattery stats for 'smart' dischargee cycle:

Screenshot_20210419-123459+cropped.png

^Note: 0% deep sleep.

Pranav Temkar

Aug 1, 2016
There is no deep sleep while connected to charger but not charging due to 'smart charge' causing ~15% of battery drain per hour. I think this is very stressing for battery longevity.

View attachment 5283811

View attachment 5283827

Thanks for the graphs it was better in understanding the problem, will surely look into this deep sleep issue ✌️

Pranav Temkar

Aug 1, 2016

View attachment 5283811

View attachment 5283827

Could you please tell me on which rom is deep sleep working while smart charging on our lenovo z2 plus ?

EtiamNullam

Apr 13, 2021
Could you please tell me on which rom is deep sleep working while smart charging on our lenovo z2 plus ?
Sadly from the roms I tried this is first rom where smart charge works at all. I only wish it was better.

Maybe our device is not capable of proper 'smart charge' at all but I still hope it can be fixed somehow. Still better than nothing I guess.

I think there is some external solution for 'smart charge' which will toggle physical connection to device depending on power draw but that would also disable data connection and USB tethering if used.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stay tuned guys next update will have huge optimization in kernel, @ZyxxeZ is working hard to give best sot out of our zuk, also we are working hard to fix se denails which are spamming in current build
    Most of them are fixed and has made a huge impact on sot now

6 hours 35 min Sot on my arrow 11 treble enforcing build
    Kernel 3.18.140 Alchemy by @ZyxxeZ
    Battery is 2 year old purchased on February 2019 from lenovo service center
    Moderator usage no gaming dual sim 4g and wifi with bluetooth headset connected all time
    Will this go official?
    No this wont go official as confirmed i had asked kuber sir he wont be doing arrow for zuk as the phone is being used by his sister and no blind builds from him
    Also there is a pact where kuber will give me official only if i work with his trees but i will continue with dmitri trees
    So it wont be official, i am happy without official too the rom provides same stability being unofficial too 😌✌️
    Would love it if the low sound problem is also resolved. Right now, this is the only reason for which I've to keep my phone rooted.
    Will this go official?
    I've been using this rom for the past few week and I have to say, the battery life is really good. Great job dev!

The only problem while installing was finding gapps with setup wizard that work. I tried Nik gapps but the base version does not have setup wizard to restore backup. Tried the higher versions and the rom won't boot with them. Tried mindthegapps and again, rom wont boot.
    Finally got open gapps nano test version and although it also force closed once, i was able to setup the phone successfully.

So I have a suggestion for dev, if can we get a gapps version? Does not even have to include everything only play store, phone, and messages is fine.
    Also, being able to get navbar and disable hw button without required to root would be great bonus.
    Works fine for me with nikgappps full version
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT

ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links

Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS

Code Review: review.arrowos.net

E-mail: arrowos.contact

PayPal: Donate to us

Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?

• Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?

• You tell me

Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS

Click here to Download

Read our blog article/post about:

* HOW-TO report a bug

* GAPPS and VANILLA variants

* Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS

Device Tree: Lenovo Zuk z2 plus device tree

Vendor Tree: Lenovo Zuk z2 plus vendor tree

Kernel Source: Alchemy 3.18.140 by @ZyxxeZ

Thanks to:
    @MR.HACKER5476
    @ZyxxeZ
    @geekboyprometheus
    For their work on z2 plus non treble trees

Also thanks to @sanketp60 , @Rasenkai99 , @ZyxxeZ , @aswin_a_s for the great help and assist for build help and fixing bugs.

Lastly i would thank all the tester.
    Stay tuned guys next update will have huge optimization in kernel, @ZyxxeZ is working hard to give best sot out of our zuk, also we are working hard to fix se denails which are spamming in current build
    Most of them are fixed and has made a huge impact on sot now

6 hours 35 min Sot on my arrow 11 treble enforcing build
    Kernel 3.18.140 Alchemy by @ZyxxeZ
    Battery is 2 year old purchased on February 2019 from lenovo service center
    Moderator usage no gaming dual sim 4g and wifi with bluetooth headset connected all time
    Would love it if the low sound problem is also resolved. Right now, this is the only reason for which I've to keep my phone rooted.
    Will this go official?
    No this wont go official as confirmed i had asked kuber sir he wont be doing arrow for zuk as the phone is being used by his sister and no blind builds from him
    Also there is a pact where kuber will give me official only if i work with his trees but i will continue with dmitri trees
    So it wont be official, i am happy without official too the rom provides same stability being unofficial too 😌✌️
    Bugs 🐞 :
    Set dialer to default phone app manually else call ui will not display for nikgapps
    Vo-wifi calls
    Native video calls from sim card not social app ones work fine
    With latest ril stack from caf, Volte work only on sim 1, if you change default data sim to sim 2 then rip volte.
    Safety net pass without root, if you install magisk then make sure you have enabled magisk hide, else safety net wont pass.
    If you face low audio then increase speaker gain using kernel manager or use dolby/viper.
    Navbar is not present as we have utouch if someone wants navbar to use gestures install any root explorer edit system.prop present in /system and just add this line at end, save and reboot qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Changelog 📝 :

Device Side:

03/04/2021

- Initial Build
    - Massive blob updates wfd, seccomp policy, cne, dpm, drm, qmi, radio, ims, graphic, media, av, rtp, protobuf, tui, peripheral, time service, gps, perf, power off alarm, sensor, libqcmaputils, libqrtr, eMBMS, audio, blobs from LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-03600-89xx.0 thanks to @ZyxxeZ for patching and @aswin_a_s for bsp zip.
    - Merged latest caf tag LA.UM.8.6.c26-02400-89xx.0 into kernel also switch from statix to alchemy all credits to @ZyxxeZ for kernel tree.
    - Compiled using Proton Clang 13.0
    - Fixed instagram bug where videos are glitched due to old media xml in tree now all videos play fine
    - Fixed low sound after reboot, if you still face low sound then flash dolby or viper
    - Switch to new display and media HALS from LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-03600-89xx.0
    - Fixed Press Home To Wake PH2W
    - Added custom biometric now finger print unlocks faster
    - Added underclocks and undervolts in kernel to save battery and run cool for better SOT/bb

11/04/2021

- Initial TREBLE Build with latest VNDK 30.0
    - Se Linux ENFORCING
    - Blob updates from LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-04100-89xx.0
    - Enabled Smart charging
    - Replaced stock snap cam with Google Camera Go
    - Fixed some apps crashing like saavn, kredivo and other banking app which needed se linux to be enforcing
    - Optimized Pixel offline charging animation now its smooth
    - Disabled Always on display by default

Source Side:
    - https://arrowos.net/changelog.php
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone