[ROM][Official]ArrowOS 11.0[R|Android 11 r_46]

Search This thread

Pranav Temkar

Aug 1, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro
In latest enforcing build if you all are facing heating that's probably due to se policy denials.
For time being the fix is to flash permissiver.
In next update we will fix se policy denials which are causing device to heat.
Till then just flash the fix

Attachments

• Permissiver_v5.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
D

Deleted member 5459345

Okay, Yes. Editing with MixPlorer does the trick. I was using adb to edit build.prop and then pushed the edited version. Seems like I forgot to change the permissions of the edited build.prop

My Bad.

Reactions: Pranav Temkar

EtiamNullam

Apr 13, 2021
Pretty good rom on android 11. Does not seem bloated yet has useful features like working smart charge.

Sadly I'm not able to change CPU clocks using in kernel managers. Other tabs work but when I go to 'CPU' i just get endless loading spinner with whole app locking up ('SmartPack Kernel Manager') or crash ('Power Kernel Booster').

I had same issue on a different rom ( https://xdaforums.com/t/stable-msm-xtended-xr-r-android-11-0-r_31-feb-9th-2021.4175771/ ), which uses completely different rom (kernel 3.x according to description) so I believe its a common issue with roms on android 11 and not really a kernel thing.

I hope it can be fixed. This device is heating and going through battery so quickly on stock clocks.

Pranav Temkar

Aug 1, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro
Pretty good rom on android 11. Does not seem bloated yet has useful features like working smart charge.

Sadly I'm not able to change CPU clocks using in kernel managers. Other tabs work but when I go to 'CPU' i just get endless loading spinner with whole app locking up ('SmartPack Kernel Manager') or crash ('Power Kernel Booster').

I had same issue on a different rom ( https://xdaforums.com/t/stable-msm-xtended-xr-r-android-11-0-r_31-feb-9th-2021.4175771/ ), which uses completely different rom (kernel 3.x according to description) so I believe its a common issue with roms on android 11 and not really a kernel thing.

I hope it can be fixed. This device is heating and going through battery so quickly on stock clocks.
Alchemy kernel has been underclocked and undervolted and you cannot change the frequency with any kernel managers
Its been done to save battery.
Currently its first enforcing user build and there are few Se policy denials spamming in logs
These denials will be fixed in next userdebug build and it will make the rom heat less
For heating issue i have provided a patch file flash that for now until next build this issue will be fixed
And yes the issue you mentioned above that you are unable to change frequency is only valid for kernels which have uc/uv in trees and you cant change them using any kernel managers also these are set to achieve good battery backup without degrading the overall user experience. Also these frequency can play games good so i see no need of changing those.
On stock frequency it will heat more

Reactions: EtiamNullam

Мax

Jul 15, 2018
Сделайте блокировку минимального уровня яркости в режиме автояркость. Так как это было сделано arrowos в версиях андроид 10. Не стабильная работа В камере со вспышкой ,фото получается тёмными. Хотелось бы в лаунчере иметь возможность скрыть приложения не нужные, в категорию "скрытые". А так же название приложений в две строчки

Last edited:

Мax

Jul 15, 2018
Сделайте блокировку минимального уровня яркости в режиме автояркость. Так как это было сделано arrowos в версиях андроид 10. Не стабильная работа В камере со вспышкой ,фото получается тёмными.

mondechristo1

Dec 15, 2011
Nicosia
Xiaomi Poco F3
Сделайте блокировку минимального уровня яркости в режиме автояркость. Так как это было сделано arrowos в версиях андроид 10. Не стабильная работа В камере со вспышкой ,фото получается тёмными.
Hello mr Max. English only please.

Az Biker

Sr. Mod / RC-RT Committees / Shred'r of MTBs
Staff member

Hello mr Max. English only please.

Please post in English. If a second language is required, post it below the English comment, as I have done here. Thank you.

Пожалуйста, размещайте на английском языке. Если требуется второй язык, разместите его под комментарием на английском языке, как я сделал здесь. Спасибо.

EtiamNullam

Apr 13, 2021
Alchemy kernel has been underclocked and undervolted and you cannot change the frequency with any kernel managers
Its been done to save battery.
Currently its first enforcing user build and there are few Se policy denials spamming in logs
These denials will be fixed in next userdebug build and it will make the rom heat less
For heating issue i have provided a patch file flash that for now until next build this issue will be fixed
And yes the issue you mentioned above that you are unable to change frequency is only valid for kernels which have uc/uv in trees and you cant change them using any kernel managers also these are set to achieve good battery backup without degrading the overall user experience. Also these frequency can play games good so i see no need of changing those.
On stock frequency it will heat more
Thanks for explaining how it is! I see now its probably better than what we could achieve solely by kernel manager so it makes perfect sense.

I've already flashed that patch. I don't feel like its heating much in normal use after rom settled in.

I see alchemy kernel is also 3.x, I wonder why not 4.x? Are there no available that work with android 11 or are they worse than 3.x?

Also not really a big issue but seems like I can't configure u-touch button to run custom application. For example nothing happens or appears when you go to:

Settings -> Buttons -> Home button -> Long press action -> Select application

Same when trying to assign application for other "buttons" there.

EDIT:
Is there a way to disable dark mode in battery saver mode? I'd rather have dim white background than cranked up dark background that is hard to read and most likely still uses more power on our device.

Last edited:

Pranav Temkar

Aug 1, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro

Please post in English. If a second language is required, post it below the English comment, as I have done here. Thank you.

Пожалуйста, размещайте на английском языке. Если требуется второй язык, разместите его под комментарием на английском языке, как я сделал здесь. Спасибо.
Yes please maintain xda rules and follow the same 🙏👍🤍

Pranav Temkar

Aug 1, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro
Thanks for explaining how it is! I see now its probably better than what we could achieve solely by kernel manager so it makes perfect sense.

I've already flashed that patch. I don't feel like its heating much in normal use after rom settled in.

I see alchemy kernel is also 3.x, I wonder why not 4.x? Are there no available that work with android 11 or are they worse than 3.x?

Also not really a big issue but seems like I can't configure u-touch button to run custom application. For example nothing happens or appears when you go to:

Settings -> Buttons -> Home button -> Long press action -> Select application

Same when trying to assign application for other "buttons" there.

EDIT:
Is there a way to disable dark mode in battery saver mode? I'd rather have dim white background than cranked up dark background that is hard to read and most likely still uses more power on our device.
As per alchemy and statix i can confirm you won't be able to change frequency
Rest all the source related bugs or features request you want to be fixed
You can report it freely on arrow os telegram group devs will assist you there for source side issues.
Click on the link below to join arrow telegram group

EtiamNullam

Apr 13, 2021
As per alchemy and statix i can confirm you won't be able to change frequency
Rest all the source related bugs or features request you want to be fixed
You can report it freely on arrow os telegram group devs will assist you there for source side issues.
Click on the link below to join arrow telegram group

I appreciate your help. I ended up with disabling battery saver completely.

I'm currently experiencing a problem with sound volume. Every time sound is starting, like incoming notification or start of playing some media, at first volume is high (normal) then in a split second its cut down to about 20-40% of volume. Seems like there is some strange volume normalization.

Its especially annoying for notifications as many of them can't be used or sound very weird with fading off volume. Notification will sound normal (albeit quiet) when there is for example some music playing so I'm pretty sure its just some bad volume normalization.

I see it might be some kind of attempt to prevent "pop" when speaker in Zuk engages, but it goes in the wrong direction. Making pop loud but actual sound quiet.

Tried increasing gain in kernel but that's not a way to go as there will be loud spike at the start.

I hope its clear enough and there is something that can be done about it.

Pranav Temkar

Aug 1, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro
I appreciate your help. I ended up with disabling battery saver completely.

I'm currently experiencing a problem with sound volume. Every time sound is starting, like incoming notification or start of playing some media, at first volume is high (normal) then in a split second its cut down to about 20-40% of volume. Seems like there is some strange volume normalization.

Its especially annoying for notifications as many of them can't be used or sound very weird with fading off volume. Notification will sound normal (albeit quiet) when there is for example some music playing so I'm pretty sure its just some bad volume normalization.

I see it might be some kind of attempt to prevent "pop" when speaker in Zuk engages, but it goes in the wrong direction. Making pop loud but actual sound quiet.

Tried increasing gain in kernel but that's not a way to go as there will be loud spike at the start.

I hope its clear enough and there is something that can be done about it.
Yes we known this sound issue has been with us and we are trying to fix it
Till them you can use viper / dolby

EtiamNullam

Apr 13, 2021
Yes we known this sound issue has been with us and we are trying to fix it
Till them you can use viper / dolby
Sadly I was not able to achieve much using Viper :(

Anyway I've experienced a minor issue that I don't see mentioned anywhere:
Call recording seems to have very low quality. I've never used it before so idk how it should sound but right now its like recording from the first moon landing. At least call quality is good.

I hope it helps you get everything right. Keep up the good work ;)

Pranav Temkar

Aug 1, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro
Sadly I was not able to achieve much using Viper :(

Anyway I've experienced a minor issue that I don't see mentioned anywhere:
Call recording seems to have very low quality. I've never used it before so idk how it should sound but right now its like recording from the first moon landing. At least call quality is good.

I hope it helps you get everything right. Keep up the good work ;)
For call recording change quality to aac
Amr-wb has bad audio quality

EtiamNullam

Apr 13, 2021
There is no deep sleep while connected to charger but not charging due to 'smart charge' causing ~15% of battery drain per hour. I think this is very stressing for battery longevity.

Screenshot_20210419-123123+text.png

AccuBattery stats for 'smart' dischargee cycle:

Screenshot_20210419-123459+cropped.png

^Note: 0% deep sleep.

Pranav Temkar

Aug 1, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro

Pranav Temkar

Aug 1, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro

EtiamNullam

Apr 13, 2021
Could you please tell me on which rom is deep sleep working while smart charging on our lenovo z2 plus ?
Sadly from the roms I tried this is first rom where smart charge works at all. I only wish it was better.

Maybe our device is not capable of proper 'smart charge' at all but I still hope it can be fixed somehow. Still better than nothing I guess.

I think there is some external solution for 'smart charge' which will toggle physical connection to device depending on power draw but that would also disable data connection and USB tethering if used.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT

ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links

Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS

Code Review: review.arrowos.net

E-mail: arrowos.contact

PayPal: Donate to us

Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?

• Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?

• You tell me

Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS

Click here to Download

Read our blog article/post about:

* HOW-TO report a bug

* GAPPS and VANILLA variants

* Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS

Device Tree: Lenovo Zuk z2 plus device tree

Vendor Tree: Lenovo Zuk z2 plus vendor tree

Kernel Source: Alchemy 3.18.140 by @ZyxxeZ

Thanks to:
    @MR.HACKER5476
    @ZyxxeZ
    @geekboyprometheus
    For their work on z2 plus non treble trees

Also thanks to @sanketp60 , @Rasenkai99 , @ZyxxeZ , @aswin_a_s for the great help and assist for build help and fixing bugs.

Lastly i would thank all the tester.
    New Update for arrow is live with September patch and battery life improvements
    Quick update: I am now part of the Arrow OS Community team,
    In simple words, I have access to the official arrow os Jenkins server which will help me compile any number of builds at any time all thanks to @kubersharma for adding me to the team and giving me access to the official server.
    Enjoy Official Community Arrow OS Builds from now on comes with both vanilla as well as gapps variant.

Build Date: 10/09/2021

Changelog :

Device Side :
    * Update bluetooth blobs from cheeseburger (OnePlus 5)
    * Added ant+
    * Disabled significant motion detector which caused idle drain
    * Fixed wifi and bluetooth mac
    * Added drm props
    * Set voice call volume steps like on stock zui
    * Fixed geekbench opencl test
    * Removed unneeded cmdline options
    * Improved pixel offline charger animation
    * Build libdac from source
    * Added xml for unlimited google photos
    * Compiled with Clang 13.0.2

Source Side :
    Here

Let's all meet now in Android 12 | S as google will officially have no support for legacy device with 3.18.140 kernel so @Dmitrii has already started to work on stable 4.9 kernel for our zuk which will help us in a12 currently we are in need of server which will help us to compile roms,
    it would be helpful if anyone can donate us a free Google Cloud Platform Trail
    this is completely free and easy to do those interested kindly contact me on Telegram
    Stay tuned guys next update will have huge optimization in kernel, @ZyxxeZ is working hard to give best sot out of our zuk, also we are working hard to fix se denails which are spamming in current build
    Most of them are fixed and has made a huge impact on sot now

6 hours 35 min Sot on my arrow 11 treble enforcing build
    Kernel 3.18.140 Alchemy by @ZyxxeZ
    Battery is 2 year old purchased on February 2019 from lenovo service center
    Moderator usage no gaming dual sim 4g and wifi with bluetooth headset connected all time
    D
    Deleted member 5459345
    Would love it if the low sound problem is also resolved. Right now, this is the only reason for which I've to keep my phone rooted.
    New update is live as promised a birthday return gift from me enjoy the new build with many source side optimizations and r_37 May Security patch with several se denials addressed from last build which were spamming in dmesg logs, now no need to flash permissiver.

Build Date: 25/05/2021

Changelog:

Device side:

- Many SE denials have been addressed compared to last build where denials were spamming in dmesg logs now no need to flash permissiver
    - split fstab loading load userdata on late fs and update fstab flags
    - drop bootanim services
    - Drop many deprecated flag including kernel flags
    - Remove I-WLAN blobs
    - fix init.qcom.early_boot.sh path
    - Many more optimizations and bug fixes under the hood.

Source side:

Note: Vanilla Build clean flash recommended.

Also many users are asking for navbar for gestures to work properly
    Just go in twrp and mount system
    then from twrp file manager navigate to
    System/build.prop
    click on it and copy it to sdcard/
    now use any text editor and add this line in build.prop file
    qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
    now save it and reboot again in twrp mount system and delete old build.prop in /system and replace it with new edited file
    now tap on build.prop and select chmod 755 swipe to give it permission and reboot