miuiandroid.com
headbaked-1.png

screen1.png
screen2.png
screen3.png
screen4.png
screen5.png
screen6.png

Welcome to a #teamBAKED production. Where our goal is to get you all BAKED. Black Android Kang Everyone Desires that is.
What did you really think we could include that in the rom! LOL
Our real goal tho is plain and simple make a stellar black fully inverted rom. Throw in the kitchen sink maintain stability (hopefully) and have fun doing it. Mostly the have fun part tho.
bakedfeature.png

Fully built from the ground up from AOSP 4.1.1 (then cherry picked from everyone!!!)
Includes Rom Control (kang from aokp but made into baked style)
Includes Aokp Toggles (aokp)
Includes Powerwidgets (cm)
Includes CM's custom led control (cm)
Lockscreen shortcuts 5 phone 8 tablet (cm)
Lockscreen weather (cm)
Lockscreen calendar (cm)
Full customized Mms app (baked)
awesome beats(thanks awesome)
sprints vvm
All system apps and Gapps fully inverted for your pleasure (baked)
Many many more features in and even more stuff planned to come.

bakedcredits.png

All credit first and foremost goes to Google for making android and making it open source.
CyanogenMod obviously for giving onto the hacking community everything they have given.
AOKP for their amazing work on source and contribution.
Pretty much everyone else that we either cherry picked code from or borrowed from to make things work THANK YOU.
the1dynasty for testing on our device
If you are left out and feel you should receive credit please PM or tweet us and we will include credit.
@TroNit
@travp624
@codemonkeyjava
@B_boyTM
@mastur_mynd
@nycbjr
@Dreamsforgott3n
@jdlogan151
@dhrb23
@ebs512

bakeddownloads.png

bakedbean 3
Inverted gapps

bakedchangelogs.png

baked-3
video playback fixed
fix lockscreen wallpaper not setting
add brightness slider to toggles
add lockscreen rotation setting
fix pattern lockscreen music widget covering pattern
also cleanup lockscreens for landscape when rotation is enabled
make lockscreen weather update time more friendly
fix custom lockscreen wallpaper
add propmodder and init d tweaks from blackice
add toggles enchancements (aokp-xoomdev)
add wallpaper in notification (xoomdev) then baked pimped it out with selectable colorpicker with alpha, custom image, or default black
include latest changes to toggles from (aokp)
add signal and wifi text ported forward from blackice also cherrypicked from (aokp)
add hidenavbar (zaphod-beeblebrox)
add up to seven targets in navbar for N7 and six for toro, maguro, and toroplus. (aokp) (baked)
fix permformance settings in romcontrol (xoomdev)
add permformance specific settings for tegra3 devices (baked)
add quick message/popup to mms app (cm) then invert it (baked)
reconfigured mms app conversation list screen and chat screen. holo_dark_bg will now show thru.
went back to superuser now that its working correctly.

not working
camera
mms is untested​

Last edited:

kpsingh

Nov 26, 2010
Thanks

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

cbucz24

Jan 31, 2011
Central Florida
ok, whats the difference between this and the original one? Only thing I can tell from the screenshots is the nav bar on the bottom is gone on this one??

And man, i miss baked :crying:

Is it possible to include a scratch and sniff app that smell stinky? maybe a notification smell instead of a sound?? :silly:

aheeejd

ok, whats the difference between this and the original one? Only thing I can tell from the screenshots is the nav bar on the bottom is gone on this one??

And man, i miss baked :crying:

Is it possible to include a scratch and sniff app that smell stinky? maybe a notification smell instead of a sound?? :silly:

For another it runs on my phone. I had problems with the other, don't think it & my phone got along, even this morning I flashed the latest, no go. But this is running great, also I'm impatient, at work so no wifi, obviously not recommending this but I dl all over 3g. Anyway, thank you, love the black look. Nice.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Mom: "Son, why does it smell like black beans in here?"
Kid: "Oh, I just got a text mom. Hehehehehe"

... hahahaa, okay ill stop with my useless posts

Yeah right, which of the 894 threads that you posted in today, do you mean, ahhhhhh..... I'm j/k

Echo113

Jan 17, 2011
Pittsburgh!! 412!!
I can't get lockscreen wallpaper to stick. Fill color works, but selecting a wallpaper does not show.

"All alone I hear the angels scream my name!"

aheeejd

Does this have the theme Chooser in it? Couldn't tell from the pics

Yes it does & works great.

EDIT - Props to the dev here. Been running this since it came out (even dl'd over 3g, impatient) and it has been running great. Wallpaper on lock screen doesn't work, couple of glitches here & there, but all jb is that way. I couldn't run the other black bean rom, I tried several times, but this is definitely a keeper. Thanks muchly Swiper, great job.

Last edited:

StaticMaal

Jul 26, 2010
Raleigh,NC
Hey swiperrat when i try to use adb remount on my labtop it wont let me do it keep saying remount failed: operation not permitted .

Last edited:

Diablo67

41820836-fe5a-495d.jpg
This has happened after 4 downloads now

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
A status 7 error usually means,your recovery is out dated and needs to be updated,but its usually not that at all,its more than likely a bad download,check the MD5 sum.In other words its trying to say your rom isnt compatible with the recovery.

Reactions: swiperrat

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
A status 7 error usually means,your recovery is out dated and needs to be updated,but its usually not that at all,its more than likely a bad download,check the MD5 sum.In other words its trying to say your rom isnt compatible with the recovery.

I've downloaded from the computer now twice. MD5's match. I am going to search for the latest smelkus recovery... this is getting extremely frustrating!

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
I've downloaded from the computer now twice. MD5's match. I am going to search for the latest smelkus recovery... this is getting extremely frustrating!
apparently, at some point I did a custom MTD partition. I did so much flashing on this evo when it was my daily phone, that i completely forgot, untill i was looking on my sd card and saw the zips for the custom mtd recovery and custom recovery boot. I thought I had zero'd out the custom MTD.txt file so that it restored to the stock partitions.

i appologize for being a flashaholic.

I reinstalled smelkus 4.3 just to be safe. was just about to redownload the rom again, figured i'd give it a shot to install one last time and BAMMMMMMM

just got through my initial boot, going to sign in and reboot to flash the inverted gapps.

i've face palmed myself a few times by now. thanks for the help guys

cbucz24

Jan 31, 2011
Central Florida
Whoa what did I miss?? I was testing roms all morning and what the hell?
Oh well, tried this an wow its smooth! Not to mention, how damn fast it finished booting.
Great job on this bro!! :thumbup:

Just few quick questions, I don't remember cuz I'm also a flashaholic, which rom it was but on the lock screen I had a link for the Google Now. Is that an option on this?
Second, its just me but can you also at some point include the mod for changing carrier name? I tried the ccn app but it didn't stick.
Other than that, its awesome!

I'll take AOKP anything ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    headbaked-1.png

screen1.png
    screen2.png
    screen3.png
    screen4.png
    screen5.png
    screen6.png

Welcome to a #teamBAKED production. Where our goal is to get you all BAKED. Black Android Kang Everyone Desires that is.
    What did you really think we could include that in the rom! LOL
    Our real goal tho is plain and simple make a stellar black fully inverted rom. Throw in the kitchen sink maintain stability (hopefully) and have fun doing it. Mostly the have fun part tho.
    bakedfeature.png

Fully built from the ground up from AOSP 4.1.1 (then cherry picked from everyone!!!)
    Includes Rom Control (kang from aokp but made into baked style)
    Includes Aokp Toggles (aokp)
    Includes Powerwidgets (cm)
    Includes CM's custom led control (cm)
    Lockscreen shortcuts 5 phone 8 tablet (cm)
    Lockscreen weather (cm)
    Lockscreen calendar (cm)
    Full customized Mms app (baked)
    awesome beats(thanks awesome)
    sprints vvm
    All system apps and Gapps fully inverted for your pleasure (baked)
    Many many more features in and even more stuff planned to come.

bakedcredits.png

All credit first and foremost goes to Google for making android and making it open source.
    CyanogenMod obviously for giving onto the hacking community everything they have given.
    AOKP for their amazing work on source and contribution.
    Pretty much everyone else that we either cherry picked code from or borrowed from to make things work THANK YOU.
    the1dynasty for testing on our device
    If you are left out and feel you should receive credit please PM or tweet us and we will include credit.
    @TroNit
    @travp624
    @codemonkeyjava
    @B_boyTM
    @mastur_mynd
    @nycbjr
    @Dreamsforgott3n
    @jdlogan151
    @dhrb23
    @ebs512

bakeddownloads.png

bakedbean 3
    Inverted gapps

bakedchangelogs.png

baked-3
    video playback fixed
    fix lockscreen wallpaper not setting
    add brightness slider to toggles
    add lockscreen rotation setting
    fix pattern lockscreen music widget covering pattern
    also cleanup lockscreens for landscape when rotation is enabled
    make lockscreen weather update time more friendly
    fix custom lockscreen wallpaper
    add propmodder and init d tweaks from blackice
    add toggles enchancements (aokp-xoomdev)
    add wallpaper in notification (xoomdev) then baked pimped it out with selectable colorpicker with alpha, custom image, or default black
    include latest changes to toggles from (aokp)
    add signal and wifi text ported forward from blackice also cherrypicked from (aokp)
    add hidenavbar (zaphod-beeblebrox)
    add up to seven targets in navbar for N7 and six for toro, maguro, and toroplus. (aokp) (baked)
    fix permformance settings in romcontrol (xoomdev)
    add permformance specific settings for tegra3 devices (baked)
    add quick message/popup to mms app (cm) then invert it (baked)
    reconfigured mms app conversation list screen and chat screen. holo_dark_bg will now show thru.
    went back to superuser now that its working correctly.

not working
    camera
    mms is untested​
    enjoy the rom or move on already your just dirtying the thread up

I disagree with you swiperrat, this user has a legitimate question and the fact that no one has given him a straight answer is kind of sad. The point here is to educate the new users. Of course they need to search the forums for their answer first, but this user said that he did do a google search first. I did a quick google search after reading this and it is pretty cluttered with responses and a bunch of xda threads where users ask practically the same question (mostly amon_ra vs CWM) and those users are told that there are already a million threads out there and they need to search the site for them.

I think a more respectful and easier solution would have been to help guide his searching techniques, or even throw him a thread link and let him do the reading himself. IMO

I'll tell you why. Because Smelkus Recovery does a more thorough wipe, for one, which is one of the leading causes of problems with flashing and running custom ROM's. Poor wipes. 2 it has more advanced options. New ROMS are advancing. A year ago, no one would use EXT4 Partitions, now it's recommended. A year ago, partitioning at all was an option. A year ago, there were people using CWM on a regular basis, now almost everyone has learned that CWM was never a good recovery for the EVO

Now it's almost a necessity. ROMs are advancing in how the file system is structured, therefore all other aspects of your phone need to be advanced, also.

So how about you get over yourself, stop arguing over symantics and try the updated recovery. It may not work, but you can't know until you try. Being stubborn is only making you look ridiculous

Thank you HipKat for finally posting a more detailed answer that this user appears to have been looking for. I think it would have been easier to provide this to him several pages ago to let this rant die young.

the_honey_badger, for one I understand your reasoning for wanting to know a more detailed answer. Amon_RA 2.3 is a great recovery, depending on which version of amon_ra you are on, you may have a recovery that does not support edify scripting. Edify scripting was a change in syntax and setup of installation scripts. But if you have flashed a rom in the last year or so, chances are you are already using a version that supports it. This would be an indicator of an "outdated" recovery. As far as having the latest Smelkus version or whatever recovery, my opinion is that if there is no significant bugs with that version and you are able to flash ROMs without issue, then just keep whatever recovery you have. There was a time a while ago when there was a big switch from CWM to Amon_RA because the CWM recovery did not wipe certain locations on the device. This caused issues because file remains from old ROMs would still be there after flashing a new ROM. This caused issues with the new ROM.

As far as the way you were treated during this question-pade, I apologize. It is easy for people to get worked up when someone asks a question that has been asked before. These guys are on the threads all the time, so they forget the newer users are/may not.
    I've just released BAKED 6 at android.aokforums. If you're interested, head over that direction.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
    I guarantee I can flash any Rom on this recovery. And you said "other people" not "other people besides you two." So yeah, you did say NO ONE.

Edit: your missing the whole point. WHY update recovery. What is your reason for suggesting that, not just because someone else told you. If you don't have a logical answer than please refrain from rrecommending that to me.
    Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

enjoy the rom or move on already your just dirtying the thread up
    I guarantee I can flash any Rom on this recovery. And you said "other people" not "other people besides you two." So yeah, you did say NO ONE.

Edit: your missing the whole point. WHY update recovery. What is your reason for suggesting that, not just because someone else told you. If you don't have a logical answer than please refrain from rrecommending that to me.
    Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

Dude just drop it were trying to help I don't know what you have against Diablo but cmon man.... Let's just enjoy the rom. :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk