• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Unofficial][BeanStalk][Android_5.0.2][vs985, ls990, d85x][03/23/15]

Search This thread

NexusPenguin

Sep 21, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 11
I'm using it now on vs985. Not sure about ur device

Hi,

Installed Vanir.
On the d855 32GB variant, the NavBar customizations are not functional.

I'll stick to Cyanide for the moment. It's probably the best ROM for the d855 at the moment.

All others are obviously developed by people that are not owning the d855 and so cannot test it... Not blaming (I appreciate the effort to port this on our phones), just stating.

Regards.

shooger

Mar 31, 2008
I've been getting a strange bug where my lockscreen locks up and I'm unable to use the touchscreen at all. I can hold power and see the power menu, but cannot tap anything until I pull the battery and reboot. I'm on the d851. It happens every few days it seems. Anyone else experiencing this?

Also this rom us awesome and I'm very grateful for the work here, but I'm curious how often we can expect updates. Last one was 3/23, which is fine but a bit longer than I'm used to. Thanks!

mjjcb

Sep 27, 2014
SE Michigan
I've been getting a strange bug where my lockscreen locks up and I'm unable to use the touchscreen at all. I can hold power and see the power menu, but cannot tap anything until I pull the battery and reboot. I'm on the d851. It happens every few days it seems. Anyone else experiencing this?

I've commented on this symptom in a few threads, because I've had this behavior on a few different roms, and it all started popping with 5.02. I've seen common glitches across builds, like BT glitches, but I never saw users describe unresponsive screens like this until 5.02 started rolling out. I think there's something to that.

xenevo

Feb 5, 2011
Merrimack
If the screen becomes unresponsive just tap your screen with five fingers.
I have had this happen while being in calls and my notification shade will not pull down.

Sent from my LG-VS985 using xda premium

BREWGIRL03

Mar 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Hi i have a sprint ls990 does this rom work with my phone? Is data working? Does anyone know if there are any device specific issues with this rom for sprint ls990. TY.

aheeejd

Hi i have a sprint ls990 does this rom work with my phone? Is data working? Does anyone know if there are any device specific issues with this rom for sprint ls990. TY.
I have ls990 & have ran this rom several times, it's great. No issues, look back for some posts here I've left, you'll see praise. I would definitely recommend you flashing this.

aheeejd

Well I don't have any problems. Battery, as soon as I joined xda, years ago (og evo) & saw all the "how's battery life", I went back to store & bought another plug, one for home & one for work. I don't care if battery lasts a half hour, I just plug it in. Just saying.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
I'm with you on that one. I don't have a clue as to what the battery life is like on any ROM. I'm plugged in most of the time.
How bad can a bare ROM be on battery for real (after the settle down period). As long as it doesn't drain while screen is off I'm good to go.
Battery life, generally, has less to do with the ROM than the stuff/junk running on it.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Reactions: aheeejd

IlluminaTimmy

Feb 16, 2013
Hello.
Installed the ROM earlier today. Running good so far.
Only thing I'm having trouble with is the gallery app. When it displays the albums, it shows about 1500 more pictures then there should be.
When I go into the albums, there are a ton of blank spots. I've tried clearing data in manager & anything else I can think of.
Is there a fix anywhere?
Any help is appreciated

pitbullmommy45245

Jul 9, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
I love beanstalk roms and have ran them on every phone that I have ever had. I have the d851 variation. Does this have any of the lg stock apps installed like qslide and quick memo? I'm not sure if any of the cm based roms do but I figured it didn't hurt to ask! thanks in advance!

aheeejd

Well this thread came to a grinding halt

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

I'm hoping dev has just been busy with 5.1 like all the other threads that are slowly coming back to life, I haven't heard, but no news is good news.

Sent from my LG-LS990 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

I love beanstalk roms and have ran them on every phone that I have ever had. I have the d851 variation. Does this have any of the lg stock apps installed like qslide and quick memo? I'm not sure if any of the cm based roms do but I figured it didn't hurt to ask! thanks in advance!

No stock apps on aosp. I mean there's a couple, & its up to you as user to get them working. There's remote control, about it.

Sent from my LG-LS990 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beanstalk-Presentation.png

This rom was compiled by me, Scott.Hart.bti has done the real work!
    I am proud to present to you BeanStalk Builds put together by myself. This is a build composed off of the CM builds and i have added alot of features on top of it. So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability. Many of the additional code additions came from slim ROM and also Derteufels build and have been modified to work with my current setup. A huge thanks to Derteufel and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project. Thanks to skyliner33v for the bootanimation and upcoming wallpapers!

I plan on updating this and adding features on a pretty regular basis, so if you happen to like this, keep checking back.

Like what you see? Click the thanks button or Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE

If you have building/development concerns or issues, Please visit the BeanStalk Development Thread to avoid cluttering this thread.

Features.png

• CM based
    • Lockscreen shortcuts
    • LCD Density
    • Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
    • Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
    • Status bar color and transparency
    • Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
    • Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, alternate GB signal layout, hide signal icons
    • Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles.
    • customizable navigation bar
    • Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
    • Clock widget for LockClock including extra options to fully customize every feature of the lockclock
    • Less frequent Notification sounds options
    • Enable/disable wake up on charge option
    • Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
    • CM Performance options and features
    • About BeanStalk option with links to github source and facebook for beanstalk. Also links to my twitter and donate.
    • insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
    • Numerous other options hidding throughout the build

Bugs.png

Gapps.png

Download:BasketBuild_Gapps

Download.png

DOWNLOAD:

DOWNLOAD -- ALL VARIANTS

***Please keep in mind that this is the initial release and bugs are to be expected. I am working on this myself and do not have a team that is helping me. Before reporting bugs, please make sure you verify everything on your end and make sure you do a full wipe and format first to make sure it is a legitimate issue. Im going to say this once and only once... I am doing this for fun. It is my CHOICE to share my work with everyone. If you decide that you do not like my work, good for you.. Move on and flash something else. I will not tolerate ungrateful people in my thread.***

Installation.png

• First time flashing a CM based rom to your device?
    • Update to the latest CM ready TWRP recovery or use the latest CWM
    • Make sure you are rooted
    • Download both the BeanStalk build and the latest Lollipop GAPPs package.
    • Boot into recovery
    • Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe /system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    • Flash BeanStalk build
    • Flash GAPPs package
    • Reboot & Enjoy!

Source.png

SlimROM source can be found HERE
    DerTeufel's source can be found HERE
    My source can be found HERE

Kernel source

Donate.png

Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE
    Credits:

Scott Hart for his source codes and amazing rom
    Hey guys, new builds in the OP. Enjoy!
    Hey guys, new builds are up in the op!
    Hey guys new Builds are posted in the OP. Enjoy!
    Hey guys, new builds in the op. Enjoy!