[ROM][Unofficial][BeanStalk][Android_5.0.2][vs985, ls990, d85x][03/23/15]

Search This thread

coco19821961

Nov 8, 2014
ALICANTE
Great job. Congratuletions

Very good ROM, stable and fast with good authonomy In the battery. Connection of the wifi excelent. It hasn't the problem of other ROM'S based In CM. IN GENERAL, I LIKE ME.

Last edited:

stevew84

Oct 21, 2010
Google Pixel 3
I'm on the D851 and the Home button hasn't worked for me on this latest build, and the last one. I'm still on the March 3rd build with no issues.

Hi Coco,

If you have the d855, can you check if the NavBar customizations are working this time ?
The problem is to add a custom shortcut. It seems to add and appears in the NavBar. But when clicked, nothing happens. The "standard system shortcuts" are working, but not the custom Apps. Fro example, try to put a "Phone " shortcut in the NavBar and then click it... Does the Phone App launch ?

Regards.

FRED

p70shooter

Jan 9, 2013
Hi Coco,

If you have the d855, can you check if the NavBar customizations are working this time ?
The problem is to add a custom shortcut. It seems to add and appears in the NavBar. But when clicked, nothing happens. The "standard system shortcuts" are working, but not the custom Apps. Fro example, try to put a "Phone " shortcut in the NavBar and then click it... Does the Phone App launch ?

Regards.

FRED

Yea it's all working fine for me. I've tried phone for you and it works. I've got playstore, chrome and root explorer and work fine.

makeithappen978

Dec 22, 2014
San Juan
Fantastic

I took a gamble and installed this ROM for my U.S. T-Mobile G3 since it's posted in the international forums. I am so glad I did. This ROM blows most of the other ROMs specifically built for the D851 out of the water! Absolutely none of the issues I've seen in other CM based roms is present, like proximity sensor issues, phantom touches, BT connection issues, touch sensitivity issues, etc.

So far, I have run into two silly bugs. One is cosmetic, the other is functional. On one hand, the network activity indicators don't seem to disable during periods of inactivity. They just hit 0b/s and don't disappear. Under Display in the settings menu, the "Disable immersive mode messages option header is missing the "s" in "Disable." Screenshot attached.

Thank you very much for this ROM! Simply amazing so far!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-25-01-32-15.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-25-01-32-15.png
    209.7 KB · Views: 417
Reactions: shekinahsmoke
Yea it's all working fine for me. I've tried phone for you and it works. I've got playstore, chrome and root explorer and work fine.
Ho Coco,

Thanks for your answer...
You must be a lucky guy then.
After you answered I installed Beanstalk latest (from March 23), installed the non bugged GApps.
Rebooted, went to Settings and to the NavBar customization...
As usual : I can add whatever App I want and it shows up in the NavBar. But if I "click" it, I only hear the sound of it being clicked and... nothing. The App does not launch.
I wonder how it can work on your d855 and not on mine... maybe it's because I have a 32Gb/3Gb version ?
Too bad as this is a really good looking and feature loaded app I'd like to use.

Regards.

p70shooter

Jan 9, 2013
Ho Coco,

After you answered I installed Beanstalk latest (from March 23), installed the non bugged GApps.
As usual : I can add whatever App I want and it shows up in the NavBar. But if I "click" it, I only hear the sound of it being clicked and... nothing. The App does not launch.
I wonder how it can work on your d855 and not on mine... maybe it's because I have a 32Gb/3Gb version ?
Too bad as this is a really good looking and feature loaded app I'd like to use.

Regards.

Clean flash yesterday on my 16gb version with du latest gaps and it works no problems. Weird.

Mr Sliff

Mar 31, 2012
Same here, apps wont launch from the nav bar, its a real pity. It works on cyonide but I prefer this rom

Hi Guys,

Well, can't have a much cleaner install : I wipe everything, even the internal data !
Works on Candy5, on Cyanide and on Fusion ROM.
Doesn't work on Beanstalk and I think I've seen another ROM offering these settings but not working either...

I think Candy5 and Fusion offer a good compromise between Beanstalk and Cyanide...

Will stick to those and will look up here from time to time see if the problem is solved.

Maybe it does not work on 32GB/3GB RAM devices ?

Regards.

tom13mcpherson

Nov 6, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
non bugged Gapps

Ho Coco,

Regards.
Can you please confirm which are the non bugged gapps?
Thanks

Tybaltus Prime

Mar 23, 2012
LBC/STRONG BEACH, CA
Hi Guys,

Well, can't have a much cleaner install : I wipe everything, even the internal data !
Works on Candy5, on Cyanide and on Fusion ROM.
Doesn't work on Beanstalk and I think I've seen another ROM offering these settings but not working either...

I think Candy5 and Fusion offer a good compromise between Beanstalk and Cyanide...

Will stick to those and will look up here from time to time see if the problem is solved.

Maybe it does not work on 32GB/3GB RAM devices ?

Regards.
The feature you (and I) are so attached to works on vanir. Has for a while. I won't leave home without it!

The feature you (and I) are so attached to works on vanir. Has for a while. I won't leave home without it!

Hi Tybaltus Prime,

Thanks for the info.
Will give Vanir a try... but last time I checked, the feature was present but bugged as in Beanstalk...
Maybe this has been corrected in latest releases.
Will try it now :)

Regards.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beanstalk-Presentation.png

This rom was compiled by me, Scott.Hart.bti has done the real work!
    I am proud to present to you BeanStalk Builds put together by myself. This is a build composed off of the CM builds and i have added alot of features on top of it. So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability. Many of the additional code additions came from slim ROM and also Derteufels build and have been modified to work with my current setup. A huge thanks to Derteufel and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project. Thanks to skyliner33v for the bootanimation and upcoming wallpapers!

I plan on updating this and adding features on a pretty regular basis, so if you happen to like this, keep checking back.

Like what you see? Click the thanks button or Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE

If you have building/development concerns or issues, Please visit the BeanStalk Development Thread to avoid cluttering this thread.

Features.png

• CM based
    • Lockscreen shortcuts
    • LCD Density
    • Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
    • Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
    • Status bar color and transparency
    • Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
    • Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, alternate GB signal layout, hide signal icons
    • Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles.
    • customizable navigation bar
    • Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
    • Clock widget for LockClock including extra options to fully customize every feature of the lockclock
    • Less frequent Notification sounds options
    • Enable/disable wake up on charge option
    • Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
    • CM Performance options and features
    • About BeanStalk option with links to github source and facebook for beanstalk. Also links to my twitter and donate.
    • insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
    • Numerous other options hidding throughout the build

Bugs.png

Gapps.png

Download:BasketBuild_Gapps

Download.png

DOWNLOAD:

DOWNLOAD -- ALL VARIANTS

***Please keep in mind that this is the initial release and bugs are to be expected. I am working on this myself and do not have a team that is helping me. Before reporting bugs, please make sure you verify everything on your end and make sure you do a full wipe and format first to make sure it is a legitimate issue. Im going to say this once and only once... I am doing this for fun. It is my CHOICE to share my work with everyone. If you decide that you do not like my work, good for you.. Move on and flash something else. I will not tolerate ungrateful people in my thread.***

Installation.png

• First time flashing a CM based rom to your device?
    • Update to the latest CM ready TWRP recovery or use the latest CWM
    • Make sure you are rooted
    • Download both the BeanStalk build and the latest Lollipop GAPPs package.
    • Boot into recovery
    • Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe /system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    • Flash BeanStalk build
    • Flash GAPPs package
    • Reboot & Enjoy!

Source.png

SlimROM source can be found HERE
    DerTeufel's source can be found HERE
    My source can be found HERE

Kernel source

Donate.png

Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE
    Credits:

Scott Hart for his source codes and amazing rom
    Hey guys, new builds in the OP. Enjoy!
    Hey guys, new builds are up in the op!
    Hey guys new Builds are posted in the OP. Enjoy!
    Hey guys, new builds in the op. Enjoy!