• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][berkeley][8.1] LineageOS 15.1 modified from View 10

Search This thread

PeterMarkoff

Jun 9, 2014
All information regarding this unofficial LOS build and all credit for this ROM go here.

Only thing I did was edit updater script to remove device verification, so you can install it through TWRP on Honor 10. Prior installation I was on unlocked bootloader with TWRP from my other thread here and rooted with Magisk, I wiped all caches, system and data. Installation went fine, in the end it shows one mounting bug but end up succesfull 1.0. Then wipe cache, install GZR zero gapps (just in case, you can try regular opengapps), reboot to system and very fast first boot (less than 1min) without bootloops. Rooting by flashing newestMagisk ZIP without any issues. Install gapps right after installing ROM, if you install it after booting already you will need to wipe because otherwise gapps will show you app stopped responding error.

I made this small modification for myself, so don't expect any support/response from me, DON'T FORGET TWRP backup prior flashing and restore it in case of trouble.

Calls, Wifi, camera and basics work, fingerprint works as home and back button, not sure about recent apps, anyway I use Edge gestures with all functions on right edge.

bugs:
- These LOS ports have no support for notch so it's completely ignored and icons might be cropped behind notch (disable unnecessary trhough Status bar, personally I disabled network (Mobile data) indicators to save space),
- status bar is slightly smaller than notch which is sticking out a bit, use Notch remover with 63% setting to completely hide it, not possible to make status bar thicker without recompiling stuff, lazy to play with that, maybe xposed or DPI change will help if someone is too bothered
- because of rounded corners top left and top right corner of icons/time are slightly cropped
- minimum brightness it's quite high, can't find way to really lower it

DOWNLOAD
20180925 (uploaded 20181003) - seem no issues, no changelog
https://mega.nz/#!XZtRmI5Y!ewcPwL6eebnrzAGs55OJAnJN7FSsnB3pxEE_ZrMuFw0

Recommended camera it's Magisk module "Honor V10 Stock Camera" from David Sn & flex1911, AI doesn't work, gallery thumbnail shortcut will pop-up error, but regular photos/videos from all cameras work fine plus portrait (bokeh) mode works fine on front camera (not rear)

Last edited:
May 31, 2018
Hey guys,
and especially thanks again to Peter – so great you're testing all this stuff for us!

Now I'm having another question that I'm still not sure about:
Could I flash these ROMs onto the COL-AL10 (6gb RAM China version) without making another change to the files you've uploaded?
I mean they have the same SoC but doesn't the ROM affect e.g. the use of the RAM as well? And does it matter wether it's "China-branded"?

Last edited:

PeterMarkoff

Jun 9, 2014
Hey guys,
and especially thanks again to Peter – so great you're testing all this stuff for us!

Now I'm having another question that I'm still not sure about:
Could I flash these ROMs onto the COL-AL10 (6gb RAM China version) without making another change to the files you've uploaded?
I mean they have the same SoC but doesn't the ROM affect e.g. the use of the RAM as well? And does it matter wether it's "China-branded"?

it should not affect RAM, not sure if it will work on Chinese version, the easiest way it's to try

awells845

Feb 18, 2018
London
today June 13th I dirty flashed modified Charlotte (P20 Pro) build (link in OP in top) over Berkeley (Honor V10) build without any issues, I just had to reinstall Huawei camera and disable always on ambient display and that's it, next builds I will use Charlotte since it is sharing at least same resoluton display with notch, although even on charlotte build it's notch sticking out a bit from status bar

Great work Peter. I'm thinking of flashing this as EMUIs ram management needs improvement. The only things worrying me is audio through headphone jack and whether it's daily driver ready. I know it's a rom and there is bugs but in your experience would you say it's good enough to use as a daily driver at the moment?

PeterMarkoff

Jun 9, 2014
i am using it as daily driver, jack works fine, no hiss, just listening Sicario The beast to test it since actually didn't have time to listen anything on phone in long time

for me works pretty much everything, rarely i see pop up about some app stopped but you just relaunch it, other than that everything else it's cosmetic things regarding status bar/notch

it seem Huawei stock port is unable to save portrait mode photos for unknown reason, they are shown in viewfinder correctly, they even seem to be saved according gallery thumbnail, but they are nowhere to seen, regular photos and videos from all cameras work fine

Reactions: awells845

awells845

Feb 18, 2018
London
i am using it as daily driver, jack works fine, no hiss, just listening Sicario The beast to test it since actually didn't have time to listen anything on phone in long time

for me works pretty much everything, rarely i see pop up about some app stopped but you just relaunch it, other than that everything else it's cosmetic things regarding status bar/notch

it seem Huawei stock port is unable to save portrait mode photos for unknown reason, they are shown in viewfinder correctly, they even seem to be saved according gallery thumbnail, but they are nowhere to seen, regular photos and videos from all cameras work fine

Thanks. I'm convinced.:)

awells845

Feb 18, 2018
London
New build for Charlotte is up. I edited the flashing script from OP and it works and flashed successfully. For some reason security patch is still on May 2018 but all seems to be working well. As far as I know, the new build improves the fingerprint scanner and auto brightness.

Edit: Did find one common bug - audio through headphone jack not working because the P20 and P20 Pro don't have a headphone jack.

Last edited:

PeterMarkoff

Jun 9, 2014
New build for Charlotte is up. I edited the flashing script from OP and it works and flashed successfully. For some reason security patch is still on May 2018 but all seems to be working well. As far as I know, the new build improves the fingerprint scanner and auto brightness.

Edit: Did find one common bug - audio through headphone jack not working because the P20 and P20 Pro don't have a headphone jack.

jack works fine for me

Reactions: awells845

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All information regarding this unofficial LOS build and all credit for this ROM go here.

Only thing I did was edit updater script to remove device verification, so you can install it through TWRP on Honor 10. Prior installation I was on unlocked bootloader with TWRP from my other thread here and rooted with Magisk, I wiped all caches, system and data. Installation went fine, in the end it shows one mounting bug but end up succesfull 1.0. Then wipe cache, install GZR zero gapps (just in case, you can try regular opengapps), reboot to system and very fast first boot (less than 1min) without bootloops. Rooting by flashing newestMagisk ZIP without any issues. Install gapps right after installing ROM, if you install it after booting already you will need to wipe because otherwise gapps will show you app stopped responding error.

I made this small modification for myself, so don't expect any support/response from me, DON'T FORGET TWRP backup prior flashing and restore it in case of trouble.

Calls, Wifi, camera and basics work, fingerprint works as home and back button, not sure about recent apps, anyway I use Edge gestures with all functions on right edge.

bugs:
    - These LOS ports have no support for notch so it's completely ignored and icons might be cropped behind notch (disable unnecessary trhough Status bar, personally I disabled network (Mobile data) indicators to save space),
    - status bar is slightly smaller than notch which is sticking out a bit, use Notch remover with 63% setting to completely hide it, not possible to make status bar thicker without recompiling stuff, lazy to play with that, maybe xposed or DPI change will help if someone is too bothered
    - because of rounded corners top left and top right corner of icons/time are slightly cropped
    - minimum brightness it's quite high, can't find way to really lower it

DOWNLOAD
    20180925 (uploaded 20181003) - seem no issues, no changelog
    https://mega.nz/#!XZtRmI5Y!ewcPwL6eebnrzAGs55OJAnJN7FSsnB3pxEE_ZrMuFw0

Recommended camera it's Magisk module "Honor V10 Stock Camera" from David Sn & flex1911, AI doesn't work, gallery thumbnail shortcut will pop-up error, but regular photos/videos from all cameras work fine plus portrait (bokeh) mode works fine on front camera (not rear)
    updated to build 20180925, dunno changelog, I don't see any new issues
    Also dirty flashed the Charlotte ROM.
    No need to change the build.prop file, no issues so far.
    Notch handling is better :)
    How to go back to emui after I flash this??