[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] BitO-R: CM 12.1/Temasek 14.2 for Shield Tablet [20150701][KSX-043]

Search This thread

BitOBSessiOn

Android 5.1.1 , Unofficial CM 12.1, more experimental (and probably unstable) version that @Steel01 's one), additional version from @temasek 's. A code laboratory.

Built with custom toolchains (UBER, Arter, with Linaro optimizations).

*BitO-K/KSX kernels available in BitO-K thead

For those who want to test it:

Google Apps:

Known BUGS:
  • app2SD (seems to work, more testing needed)

NOTES:
  • Info about BitO-K** Kernels in proper thread
  • Unique download. Unified build for all model variants, thnx to @Steel01

THNX:

**** UNDER CONSTRUCTION ****

Last edited:
B

brandonbun56

Perfect on Wi-Fi Only version. Buttery smooth and that April Fool's Microsoft joke tops it off :)

aceclift

Nov 11, 2013
Swindon
works really well on my wifi model in the uk and the implementation of shield hub fully working has made me replace nvidias stock firmware.

aceclift

Nov 11, 2013
Swindon
The shield hub works fully and I don't have the nvidia controller so I use my wireless Xbox controller with a otg cable and works perfectly for the grid games.
However you don't get the built game mapping that nvidia includes but there are apps in the play store for that

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

But the controller doesn't work :/

I don't use nvidia's controller as I already had an wireless Xbox controller that used with a otg cable works perfectly with the grid service in the shield hub and also works with games like limbo and dead trigger 2

kickassdave

Oct 2, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
The shield hub works fully and I don't have the nvidia controller so I use my wireless Xbox controller with a otg cable and works perfectly for the grid games.
However you don't get the built game mapping that nvidia includes but there are apps in the play store for that

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

I don't use nvidia's controller as I already had an wireless Xbox controller that used with a otg cable works perfectly with the grid service in the shield hub and also works with games like limbo and dead trigger 2

Great if you have that cable, and if you didn't fork out £40 for the controller AND if you don't play your PC games remotely (oh I do) otherwise... Not much use.

kickassdave

Oct 2, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
Um...this is an experimental build.

If you need the controller go back to stock.

I'm simply reminding people that not quite all is well. People reading that Grid works great etc, everything working great etc.
Just reminding people of the crucial part here that doesn't work.

All the countless people on XDA that chime off the "well go back to stock" phrase actually hinder development. The more people that use, report on and collaborate on something free, the better.

Exactly why MS have decided to make Windows 10 a free upgrade to normal consumers.

Reactions: thefiqs

FoxyDrew

Aug 18, 2014
East Taunton
I'm simply reminding people that not quite all is well. People reading that Grid works great etc, everything working great etc.
Just reminding people of the crucial part here that doesn't work.

All the countless people on XDA that chime off the "well go back to stock" phrase actually hinder development. The more people that use, report on and collaborate on something free, the better.

Exactly why MS have decided to make Windows 10 a free upgrade to normal consumers.

Well, you already used, and reported the bug. As others, its a know bug that, unless you were going to try do develop a fix yourself, which I can't imagine you were, then telling you to go back to stock doesn't affect you being "people that use, report on and collaborate" as you already done all in your power.

Unless of course you were planning on building a fix yourself, and if that's the case...and my comment made you give up and go back to stock, then you are way too easily discouraged my friend.

And wow, if you think Microsoft made Windows a free upgrade to help development your so wrong. They made it a free upgrade because SOOOO many people still run Windows 7, which means they don't have access to the Windows Store. If all those people get a free upgrade they'll all get access to the Windows Store, which means buying things which give Microsoft money. Almost like how the PS3 cost $800 to make, but was being sold for $600. Sony knew that if people had the PS3, they would buy games, controllers, accessories, PS Gold, etc. which is where they make most money. However Microsoft releasing the technical previews publically for free was to aid development, so I mean your not all wrong :p

Last edited:
Reactions: grv00711

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 5.1.1 , Unofficial CM 12.1, more experimental (and probably unstable) version that @Steel01 's one), additional version from @temasek 's. A code laboratory.

Built with custom toolchains (UBER, Arter, with Linaro optimizations).

*BitO-K/KSX kernels available in BitO-K thead

For those who want to test it:

Google Apps:

Known BUGS:
    • app2SD (seems to work, more testing needed)

NOTES:
    • Info about BitO-K** Kernels in proper thread
    • Unique download. Unified build for all model variants, thnx to @Steel01

THNX:

**** UNDER CONSTRUCTION ****
    Temasek v11.3 available

Available latest Temasek build for WiFi and LTE versions.
    I'm impressed, this is the first ROM i've wanted to flash on my tablet (granted as an additional one in multiROM, until we have ALL the shield tablet features including screen and controller working, that's how it will stay :p) -- Are you a part of the nvidia tegra development channel on google hangouts?

If not, hit me up at berryman13@gmail.com!

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

BitO-R-006-cm-12.1-20150408-UNOFFICIAL-wx_na_do.zip

That, I have a USA LTE version.

For future reference:

wx_ : DEVICE CODE
    na_: REGION CODE (North America)
    do_: WIFI or LTE (wf for wifi, do for LTE)

Thnx a lot !! I'm glad of your words :) .. anyway, I don't feel like a real developer... at least not yet...

I have programmed in C, C++ and Java (and more...) years ago... I'd would like to recycle myself and I want to know more about Android architecture... I'm learning as a hobby. I've played with Linux kernel a lot in the past (when Linux kernel didn't have modules...) and I know basics, but I haven't programmed anything new.

I'm playing with Git to learn, playing merging code and touching a bit here and there... tweaking a bit kernel params, etc... ;)

All the merit and kudos for developers before me that have programmed these precious pieces of code :)

I don't know how much time I can invest, but I would like a lot to be in the Nvidia Tegra dev channel to learn more.

PS: Playing with new kernel version, and a new CM 12.1 build.
    Ooof. How extensively did you test this, I highly suggest not over clocking
    A few hours with normal use, moving through apps and Antutu test. No freeze, and no artifacts, but anyway I think OC is not needed... I usually put max clock @2,0GHz.

KX is an experiment (new code branch) for those who wanted OC. Next stable release will be a K version again. Probably I will release a revised intermediate version for params cleaning and then I want focus on stock compatibility and Linaro optimizations (compiling method probably will change).

Only if OC is rock solid and battery life the same (at least at normal speed), after massive testing, then I will think to merge to principal branch as standard kernel feature.
    CM-12.1 build updated to 20150407

wx_na_do and wx_na_wf builds updated to 2015.04.07 available in BasketBuild .