[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][bramble] LineageOS 18.1

ta-raider

Jan 26, 2021
I've added links to the OP.
Are you sure opengapps nano don't install?
I tried micro, mini and pico and always got the insufficient space error.
But ... (as always :) ) ... I am not sure about which exact Image I had flashed shortly before the GApps.
I have 2 different ones laying arround and played with both of them ...

Got a simillar insufficient space error with these MindTheGapps.zip on the other Image ... so ....

Flashing exactly as you noted it + the MindTheGapps.zip works now (within the last hour) as I would expect it .. without any problems so far :)

Meowdib

Apr 23, 2011
I tried micro, mini and pico and always got the insufficient space error.
But ... (as always :) ) ... I am not sure about which exact Image I had flashed shortly before the GApps.
I have 2 different ones laying arround and played with both of them ...

Got a simillar insufficient space error with these MindTheGapps.zip on the other Image ... so ....

Flashing exactly as you noted it + the MindTheGapps.zip works now (within the last hour) as I would expect it .. without any problems so far :)
Are you rebooting to recovery after flashing the ROM?

ta-raider

Jan 26, 2021
Are you rebooting to recovery after flashing the ROM?
ack ... boot into bootloader, fastload both .bin files, boot into recovery, activate adb sideload, flash the ROM, factory reset, reboot into recovery and go on with additional .zips

Should be the correct cycle or not ?

TheLinuxMan02

Sep 15, 2017
Hello! I'm having issues with installing LineageOS. I installed the latest recovery and everything, but when I try to install LineageOS, it gives me a verification failed error, and asks me if I want to install anyways. I hit yes, and it just errors out

TheLinuxMan02

Sep 15, 2017
Hello! I'm having issues with installing LineageOS. I installed the latest recovery and everything, but when I try to install LineageOS, it gives me a verification failed error, and asks me if I want to install anyways. I hit yes, and it just errors out
I got it to work :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. All I had to do was flash Dic1911's ROM and THEN flash this one lmao. Silly me

Scholeggo

Sep 27, 2017
I tried Nano, Pico and Micro from here:

and this nano:

It does install. Problem is with opengapps. Once you get to select Wifi Network, you put your password for the SSID and it crashes. Doesn't let you restore backup or login to Google account.

Scholeggo might not be rebooting to recovery after ROM install.
I haven't tried it yet

Scholeggo

Sep 27, 2017
Hm. Someone told me that because these MindtheGapps wasn't official, it wouldn't come with the option to restore on setup, so I wanted some confirmation

Estebanium

Aug 5, 2015
aleasto
I'm getting a YouTube vanced won't run without Google Play services when I install the ROM with that
I use YouTube vanced without Google Play services. I installed MicroG. When I tried to install the vanced Manager I were confronted with the message that I would need Google Play services. However I found a solution by installing vanced manually.

Meowdib

Apr 23, 2011
I use YouTube vanced without Google Play services. I installed MicroG. When I tried to install the vanced Manager I were confronted with the message that I would need Google Play services. However I found a solution by installing vanced manually.
Yes, I just tried installing an older version of Youtube vanced through the manager and it works. Thanks.

Voodoojonny

Dec 17, 2015
Dortmund
How did you install microG? Manually, via zip or via Magisk. And if you did use an installer, can you share your zip or the link? And if you did install it manually, how did you get signature spoofing working? Thx

porear

Feb 9, 2009
Ugh could use a hand. boot.img flashes fine, but with vendor I get

Writing 'vendor_a' FAILED (remote: 'Partition should be flashed in fastbootd')

Searching tells me this usually traces to an outdated fastboot, but I've got what seems to be the latest 30.0.5 platform tools. I renamed fastboot.exe to watch it tell me it could no longer find fastboot just to make sure it wasn't running another version from another location.

I am in fastboot mode. I may be off track, but https://source.android.com/devices/bootloader/fastbootd says fastboot getvar is-userspace should return yes for fastbootd, no for bootloader. I get no.

Ideas? Thanks!

EDIT: Got unstuck. I started installing the microG ROM, and it failed when it got to the point that it needed to reboot into fastbootd. However, it did successfully install recovery, so I was then able to go back and install this ROM.

Last edited:

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
Ugh could use a hand. boot.img flashes fine, but with vendor I get

Writing 'vendor_a' FAILED (remote: 'Partition should be flashed in fastbootd')

Searching tells me this usually traces to an outdated fastboot, but I've got what seems to be the latest 30.0.5 platform tools. I renamed fastboot.exe to watch it tell me it could no longer find fastboot just to make sure it wasn't running another version from another location.

I am in fastboot mode. I may be off track, but https://source.android.com/devices/bootloader/fastbootd says fastboot getvar is-userspace should return yes for fastbootd, no for bootloader. I get no.

Ideas? Thanks!

EDIT: Got unstuck. I started installing the microG ROM, and it failed when it got to the point that it needed to reboot into fastbootd. However, it did successfully install recovery, so I was then able to go back and install this ROM.
vendor_boot is vendor_boot, not vendor

Reactions: porear

Estebanium

Aug 5, 2015
How did you install microG? Manually, via zip or via Magisk. And if you did use an installer, can you share your zip or the link? And if you did install it manually, how did you get signature spoofing working? Thx
I am currently on LineageOS 18.1 - microG Edition so I only needed to install F-Droid and install all parts of MicroG. Your initial question was relatated to Vanced, wasn't it? If signature spoofing needs to be enabled on this ROM, I made very good experiences with SmaliPatcher on my former phone. I always choose the way to install MicroG via F-Droid.