[ROM][OFFICIAL][bramble] LineageOS 20

Search This thread

Voodoojonny

Dec 17, 2015
Dortmund
I am currently on LineageOS 18.1 - microG Edition so I only needed to install F-Droid and install all parts of MicroG. Your initial question was relatated to Vanced, wasn't it? If signature spoofing needs to be enabled on this ROM, I made very good experiences with SmaliPatcher on my former phone. I always choose the way to install MicroG via F-Droid.
Thx, so you are one the same version as me... This Los has more features than dic's one. So I was curious if you managed to enable signature spoofing on this los...But your tip about smalipatcher is promising. I guess I'll read sth. about that and will switch to this soon official los...

Scholeggo

Sep 27, 2017
I got the new radio img for standalone 5g on T-Mobile from the February patch. I flashed it, but after i rebooted back into Lineage, i can only still connect to 5g on NSA, not SA. What am i missing? @aleasto

ta-raider

Jan 26, 2021
So ... a short feedback from my side ... the Version from 20210124 is running without any "incident" during the last week. Power Usage was ~14-15% per Day with ~30 minutes Displayusage per Day.

For me that looks really good .. so thanks to everyone involved so far ! :)

bobthesalesclerk

Apr 26, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I haven't installed a custom rom on my phone in almost 5 years. Got this working with only a few minor hickups. Been using as my DD for 4 or 5 days now. Will post logs if I notice anything but 0 issues so far

Thank you

Voodoojonny

Dec 17, 2015
Dortmund
Smali Patcher works just fine.
I doubt, that you really tried that before writing it works. Yes, you can create a Magisk-module without any problem, but installing this module leads to bootloop. Same with other injection methods. So PLEASE do not write something you didn´t test fully. I only tried becouse of your post and that brought me 8 hours for nothing!

Estebanium

Aug 5, 2015
Hi guys, I switched to aleasto's build and it worked fine.

At least up to the point when I started to deal with SmaliPatcher. I am on Linux-only for over a year now and everything is good. So here was the first issue to run this beast. I did it and I can tell you that (as Voodoojonny already said it) SmaliPatcher results in a boot loop.

I know how to deal with it: remove root --> boot to OS --> adb to create remove file in Magisk module folder . But it is always annoying. Moreover I can tell you that the NanoDroid Patcher don't work, too.

While doing some research I found this post here and at first this thing seemed very complex. However it was my only remaining option. I did all these steps (I love that he is on debian) and created the spoof_AVDapi30.zip, that can be flashed via Magisk. This zip is valid for 20210204 only!

So if you want to use it, you will need to create this file for every update of aleasto. If someone has an idea, how to deal with the payload.bin, we could extract the needed services.jar before flashing an update?

So after signature spoofing was in place, I installed MicroG via F-Droid.

One note: I used GCam_6beta.201115.1444build-8.0.101.apk on Lineage MicroG Edition (here in the forum). Unfortunately it crashs on this ROM. Is this a ROM related thing?
GCam works now. I am not sure why? Because I gave permission to the LOS camera? Nvm

Attachments

• spoof_AVDapi30.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:

nsmal24

Sep 2, 2009
Does this ROM include working Miracast? I've had Pixel's for a while now and that's one feature that I'd love to have back. Thanks!

I've got to be missing something - I'm attempting to follow the instructions exactly... First step says to download the latest boot.img, vendor_boot.img, and rom zip. Since I don't see any boot or vendor_boot images linked nor included in the rom zip, I proceeded to extract those images from the latest stock from Google. I continue with the instructions until I need to boot to recovery and I receive this error:

fastboot: usage: unknown reboot target recovery

What am I missing or doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

***EDIT***
Nevermind! I'm an idiot... as soon as I posted that I saw where the files were. Thank you regardless!

Last edited:
Reactions: J0kker

Scholeggo

Sep 27, 2017
New build out
The final checkups before official rolls out.
We've also managed to remove the need for flashing vendor_boot.img so now the install instructions are back in line with other pixels.
For some reason after flashing the new boot image, i couldn't get to recovery, as I was stuck on the Google logo. When flashing the older boot image, it worked and I could flash the new build. 🤔

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Regarding yesterday's LOS21 update ( lineage-21.0-20240413-nightly-bramble-signed.zip ), please all note that there appears to be a reboot issue, cf. https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/7005 (at least when using with MindTheGapps).
    Regarding yesterday's LOS21 update ( lineage-21.0-20240413-nightly-bramble-signed.zip ), please all note that there appears to be a reboot issue, cf. https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/7005 (at least when using with MindTheGapps).
    Resolved with lineage-21.0-20240414-nightly-bramble.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various proprietary hardware-specific code.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Informations :
    • This ROM uses source built kernel, kernel modules, boot kernel modules (vendor_boot) and vendor image.
    • This ROM bundles the latest firmware so you don't have to worry about updating firmware.
    • To use the eSIM you need to have GApps
    Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/* (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Known Issues
    • None!
    Contributors
    mikeioannina
    aleasto
    The LineageOS team

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 13
    New build out
    • Feb 2021 security patch
    • Update modem firmware from the T-Mobile factory images to enable 5G Standalone.
      Google only did this for T-Mobile images (RQ1C.210205.006), but it doesn't seem to negatively affect non T-Mobile users, thus I'm including it in the generic build (RQ1A.210205.004 based).
    Bluetooth HD Audio fixed in the next build
    Latest build includes the google camera night mode crash fix 🎉
    Ok, thanks. I will give it a try soon
    But may i ask if you have plans on being an official maintainer?
    Yes, this will become official once we're ready to ship LineageOS 18