LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.
- Download the latest build, unofficial TWRP (3.3.0 and newer), GApps (if you need them), and Magisk.
- Flash the downloaded TWRP via fastboot
- Boot to recovery
- Flash the latest build and Magisk. Magisk version should be 19.3 or below only!
- Flash GApps and any other necessary add-ons
- You tell me
- Unofficial builds: GitHub
- Magisk: XDA
- Recovery: Unofficial TWRP
- Google Apps: OpenGApps (nano package is advisable, but you definitely should avoid using stock/super packages)
- DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
- If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
What is your-- LineageOS version: LineageOS Download url: Gapps version: Did you-- wipe: restore with titanium backup: reboot after having the issue: Are you using-- a task killer: a non-stock kernel: other modifications: Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
@Samar Vispute for their hard work on our device sources
- Common device tree: https://github.com/xiaomi-mt6765/android_device_xiaomi_mt6765-common
- Device tree: https://github.com/xiaomi-mt6765/android_device_xiaomi_cactus
- Kernel: https://github.com/xiaomi-mt6765/android_kernel_xiaomi_mt6765
LineageOS 16.0 for Xiaomi Redmi 6A, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 6A
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 10.4.4 vendor and firmware
Based On: CyanogenMod/AOSP
Current Beta Version: 0.2
Beta Release Date: 2019-10-12
Last Updated 2019-11-20