• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][Cactus] Custom ROMs by MegaFon929

Search This thread
Hello XDA community! I was building unofficial ROMs for Redmi 6A. I'm posting my collection of ROMs for Redmi 6A that I've been building. All ROMs have been tested and time tested.
Code:
Warning!
ROMs data only works on vendor MIUI from 10.4.4.0 to 11.0.8.0 Android 9.0 based.
On version 11.0.9.0 there will be problems.
It is recommended to roll back to the versions I described above

VoLTE not working!
I recommend using TWRP Recovery Official or PBRP Recovery Official.

BlissRom has a bug with silent ringtones!
Installation method
1) Install TWRP https://megafon929.github.io/twrp-autoinstaller
2) Reboot to TWRP
3) Wipe > Format Data > " yes " > Click on the check mark > Back
4) Wipe > Advanced Wipe > select: Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache > Swipe to Wipe > Back
5) Install > Select the ROM file (If you need GAPPS and Magisk, it is recommended to click the "Add ZIPs" button and select the necessary archives) > Swipe to confirm Flash
6) Wipe > Format Data > " yes " > Click on the check mark > Back
7) Restart smartphone

The smartphone will reboot, and the download can last from 2 to 10 minutes. Wait!
That's it! The smartphone is ready to work

Works
  1. Wi-Fi
  2. Bluetooth
  3. Cameras
  4. USSD
  5. SMS
  6. Calls
  7. Compas
  8. LED Indicator
  9. LTE
Not works
  1. VoLTE

Link ROMs: https://megafon929.github.io/mt6765-xiaomi
GAPPS:
OpenGapps ARM > Android 9.0 > pico
Source code:
Contributors
JarlPenguin, SamarV-121, wulan17

Last edited:
currently using the PE+. Hate the launcher due to its lack of customization (can't even change the grid lol, don't want to use custom launcher bcz it will mess up the gesture navigation) but love the smoothness of it on my 6A. Is there any ROM on your work that has similar smoothness to PE+? Tried Arrow OS, but it stuttering abit :/

Logcates

May 20, 2021
Huawei P9 Lite
I currently flashed aicp_14_9.0_cactus_SI_by_MegaFon929.zip
TWRP: twrp-3.5.2_9-0-cactus.img
No gapps - no root
I have to say that this rom is (so far) excellent!
Great battery life
snappy UI
WiFi OK and stable
Mobile data 4G OK and stable
Location OK
Bluetooth OK
Camera OK
everything works (no bugs as far as i tested it).

My device is Redmi 6A (cactus).
I was in MIUI 11.0.8.0
Follower ALL the instructions, everything went smooth.
Before, this device was very laggy and very hard to use for daily tasks.
Now, this device is like a brand new phone!
Thank You MEGAFON929! Great ROM!

manolismi

Jun 6, 2021
Hello and thanks for the ROMs. I followed the instructions very carefully and tried both lineage_16.0_9.0_cactus_SI_by_MegaFon929.zip and
aicp_14_9.0_cactus_SI_by_MegaFon929.zip
TWRP: twrp-3.5.2_9-0-cactus.img
With the first zip I always boot to FASTBOOT and with the second I get a bootloop.
Do you have any suggestions? Can I see some debugging output somehow?

Logcates

May 20, 2021
Huawei P9 Lite
@manolismi
I followed the instructions "letter-by-letter" and had no issues at all.

1) Install TWRP
2) Reboot to TWRP
3) Wipe > Format Data > " yes " > Click on the check mark > Back
4) Wipe > Advanced Wipe > select: Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache > Swipe to Wipe > Back
5) Install > Select the ROM file (If you need GAPPS and Magisk, it is recommended to click the "Add ZIPs" button and select the necessary archives) > Swipe to confirm Flash
6) Wipe > Format Data > " yes " > Click on the check mark > Back
7) Restart smartphone

Try to not add gapps or magisk at first flash (i did not).
I don't use gapps at all, and i flashed magisk after some reboots, and all is fine.
The last 48 hours i'm in "lineage_16.0_9.0_cactus_SI_by_MegaFon929.zip", and i must say this:
This rom is even better than GZ and AICP that i've tried in the past few days.
Good luck!

manolismi

Jun 6, 2021
@Logcates Yes I followed the same instructions carefully. And I only flashed the lineage_16.0_9.0_cactus_SI_by_MegaFon929.zip, without gapps or magisk. The only things we might have done differently are
  • which TWRP did you install? I got the latest from the instructions link.
  • Did you verify the zip before flashing? I was getting a validation error so i had to disable checking
  • I also wiped the internal storage and then copied the zip to it from my computer (and then installed it)
Do you see any problems in those steps above?

Logcates

May 20, 2021
Huawei P9 Lite
@manolismi
I flashed: twrp-3.5.2_9-0-cactus.img (same as you i believe)
I had no warnings or errors during flash.
Maybe your downloads are somehow corrupt?
I always use opera for downloading anything, because chrome gives me corrupted files very frequently.
Another thing is that i was in MIUI 11.0.8.0
Maybe you were in a different MIUI version?
I first flashed AICP (had it for ~2 days),
then GZOSP (had it for a few hours),
then Lineage (i think i will stay in lineage, as call recording is a feature that i like).
I don't know what else could be causing those problems for you.
I hope for the best.

Noei

Jun 22, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi 6A
Xiaomi Redmi 8
Installed LineageOS 16 on this 3 year old Redmi 6A.

Just wanna say these cROMs saved my old phone from laggy stock UI. Thanks mate!

Just noted that when I flashed LOS from MIUI 11.0.9 Global it the camera doesn't work (Error : Can't connect to the Camera). Note to anyone who try this on 11.0.9, downgrade to 11.0.8 first. (unless there's update in future from the respected dev).

Only when downgrading to MIUI 11.0.8 Global the camera works. I tried reflash 11.0.9 two times before end up flash from MIUI 11.0.8.

Moral : pay attention to the requirements to flash this cROM. In fact, any cROM. read manual in detail.

Last edited:

Neimex23

Oct 9, 2019
I Install Pixel Experience plus in my Redmi 6A but i have a issue when i want charge by usb to PC show me "charging slowly" i try install module to magisk but dosent work to me maybe isnt version to the device.
Any ideas?

trigunner101

Oct 7, 2011
can't seem to install TWRP via the instruction.
redmi 6a unlock bootloader not rooted
MIUI Global 11.0.8 Stable
Android 9 PPR1.180610.011

update**
i had no luck with fastboot flashing TWRP so i tried PBRP and i was able to install it
then
wipe / fomat card
reboot to bootloader
And flash twrp-3.5.2_9-0-cactus.img and followed the instructions here...now i got Lineage 16 working.

thanks devs for the cROMs and guides!

Last edited:

yoprs

Aug 21, 2021
i have folowed the whole instruction and tried three roms till now at first i flashed lingeage os 17.1 ,but due to camera not working and was restarting now and then automatically i tried arrow os and got stuck in bootloop ,again after this i downloaded and flashed new rom pixel expirence and again i m encountering the same issue with bootloop stuck ........ please suggest the solution

Top Liked Posts