• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][capricorn][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
  • Fingerprint is barely working ( it's better if you don't use it )
  • WFD
Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Last edited:

Shiptor

Nov 25, 2017
BiTGApps-arm64-11.0.0-R17_signed.zip
lineage-18.0-20201006_180027-UNOFFICIAL-capricorn.zip
No modification's

2)some apps freeze and system not responding for couple of seconds ,system unfreeze but app need restart
3)reboot happened when listen music through Bluetooth headphones
4)phone call when use Bluetooth headphones, i switch sound source to phone and it automatically turned back to headphones after 5 seconds a couple times

update 1)changed gapps to nikgapps basic and chrome works properly

Last edited:
Reactions: Mam.Q

baboonXi

Mar 27, 2017
Lineage 20201006
Nikgapps

- had a few random reboots, other than that working great here.

Ps. My fingerprint sensor is disconnected so I don't know about that.

Yep also had random reboots without doing nothing, used bitgapps, unfortunately had to revert all because I had very important calls to receive and didnt had a chance to see any logs or something like that...
I also stopped using the fingerprint long time ago...

Im gona try again, but... One of the main troubles for me to try is that if I want to revert to a working stable rom is that I cant restore the rom backup from TWRP in a working state... I actually stopped trying doing restores, dont know if there is any problem with trwp or with my system... any pointers would be helpfull to see if my partitions or something like that are ok...

nnwwtt

Aug 9, 2016
lineage-18.0-20201011, random reboots continue. Also, had to boot once before installing BiTGApps or it just wouldn't finish starting.

I may be imagining things (since there's nothing on logcat), but the crash seems provocable by enabling the dark theme and/or night light.

Tomi_Ohl

Feb 12, 2013
Komárno
Random reboot on 11. Oct. build

What is your--
LineageOS version: 18.0-20201011_095957-UNOFFICIAL-capricorn
LineageOS Download url: androidfilehost link in the OP
Gapps version: NikGapps-basic-arm64-11-20200926-signed.zip

Did you--
wipe: updated from late Sept. build without wipes. That older build was clean installed.
restore with titanium backup: nope
reboot after having the issue: as soon as the Mi logo appeared, I rebooted to TWRP

Are you using--
a task killer: nope wtf
a non-stock kernel: nope
other modifications: none. Not even root

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
I experienced occasional random reboots on the build from September, too. Now, after updating to the latest build from 11th Oct, the issue is still there (didn't alter selinux setting yet). It occurs randomly when trying to unlock device or downloading files or after taking screenshots etc.
Oh, and my fp is dead (like completely dead, hw issue), so I didn't even set it up, so it shouldn't be the cause.
Grabbed a dmesg right after I could get to TWRP. The bootanimation did not appear before I could get in there, hope it wasn't emptied yet. Added .txt to be able to upload here.

sullivan781

Nov 24, 2015
Arapiraca
What is your--
LineageOS version: 18.0-20201011_095957-UNOFFICIAL-capricorn
LineageOS Download url: androidfilehost link in the OP
Gapps version: NikGapps-basic-arm64-11-20200926-signed.zip

Did you--
wipe: updated from late Sept. build without wipes. That older build was clean installed.
restore with titanium backup: nope
reboot after having the issue: as soon as the Mi logo appeared, I rebooted to TWRP

Are you using--
a task killer: nope wtf
a non-stock kernel: nope
other modifications: none. Not even root

I experienced occasional random reboots on the build from September, too. Now, after updating to the latest build from 11th Oct, the issue is still there (didn't alter selinux setting yet). It occurs randomly when trying to unlock device or downloading files or after taking screenshots etc.
Oh, and my fp is dead (like completely dead, hw issue), so I didn't even set it up, so it shouldn't be the cause.
Grabbed a dmesg right after I could get to TWRP. The bootanimation did not appear before I could get in there, hope it wasn't emptied yet. Added .txt to be able to upload here.
I already reported to LuK some days ago with some additional logs, but he hasn't been able to find a fix yet.

Last edited:

wordlessecho

Feb 1, 2017
I can't connect my WPA3/WPA2 encrypted Wi-Fi. I am using Redmi AX5 router. I have to turn encryption mode into WPA2 only mode to connect it.
In Wi-Fi detail, I can see the encryption mode is not right. It shows "WPA/WPA2/WPA3-Personal".

dick_vigarista

Dec 9, 2017
Xiaomi Poco F3
Working great here, reboots are not a problem anymore for a few builds ago already. Funny thing is that I connected my "defective" fp sensor again to test it and it's working fine in this rom. It wasn't working even on official MIUI when I tested a few months ago so idk how that's possible.

nospec

Jun 5, 2014
Working great here, reboots are not a problem anymore for a few builds ago already. Funny thing is that I connected my "defective" fp sensor again to test it and it's working fine in this rom. It wasn't working even on official MIUI when I tested a few months ago so idk how that's possible.
Still got random reboot on daily usage?

dick_vigarista

Dec 9, 2017
Xiaomi Poco F3
ok maybe I said it too early. My phone just rebooted and got in a bootloop, going in TWRP everything is gone. The system, my files (photos, etc) is all gone. No idea what happened, my battery was low and I was using facebook. Anyways, just letting u guys know. BTW I was not using anything weird (custom anything or even root) just stock rom.
Do you guys think there is any chance I recover my photos? I dont have a backup.

edit1: cant format data, cant repair or change partitions, cant flash twrp via adb (flash write failure), cant wipe, restore, repair, or change anything. This is not looking good at all, may be the end of line for my device. :crying::crying::crying:

Last edited:

sullivan781

Nov 24, 2015
Arapiraca
ok maybe I said it too early. My phone just rebooted and got in a bootloop, going in TWRP everything is gone. The system, my files (photos, etc) is all gone. No idea what happened, my battery was low and I was using facebook. Anyways, just letting u guys know. BTW I was not using anything weird (custom anything or even root) just stock rom.
Do you guys think there is any chance I recover my photos? I dont have a backup.

edit1: cant format data, cant repair or change partitions, cant flash twrp via adb (flash write failure), cant wipe, restore, repair, or change anything. This is not looking good at all, may be the end of line for my device. :crying::crying::crying:
You can use MiFlash to reinstall MIUI and see if it fixes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
    • WFD
    Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Yeah, I'd like to know the answer to these questions too.
    I think it has something to do with the FP's firmware. Remember how much Xiaomi delayed Android Oreo's release because of FP problems? I think they were forced to come up with some sort of a solution because of their support strategy - 2 ( or was it 3?) Android versions for each device. And that solution wasn't good enough. I don't think there's anything anyone can do, unless they have some mad skills to reverse engineering the firmware.
    Regarding lineage-18.1-20210206_220727-UNOFFICIAL-capricorn.zip

Running last build as today and im loving it. No issues for now since im not using fingerprint. Everything is working smoth. Already encrypted the device and went well. Great battery autonomy.

Edited new info

Regarding lineage-18.1-20210216_140202-UNOFFICIAL-capricorn.zip

Tried dirty flash with the new update but did not boot. Possibly because I enabled encryption? Formated all again, installed new build with base nikgapps and its all rolling again.

Big thanks once again to @LuK1337 for is amazing work!
    Thanks . Hotspot noting work .please fix
    Greetings,

Yes, hotspot is not working. its stated in the first post.

What's not working :
    • WFD

Cheers
    BiTGApps-arm64-11.0.0-R17_signed.zip
    lineage-18.0-20201006_180027-UNOFFICIAL-capricorn.zip
    No modification's

2)some apps freeze and system not responding for couple of seconds ,system unfreeze but app need restart
    3)reboot happened when listen music through Bluetooth headphones
    4)phone call when use Bluetooth headphones, i switch sound source to phone and it automatically turned back to headphones after 5 seconds a couple times

update 1)changed gapps to nikgapps basic and chrome works properly