[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][capricorn][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

marc_smith

Apr 4, 2015
Hey. Does this port actually allow to encrypt the phone? This is a must for me ... :/ or - is it maybe encrypted by default, as it seems to be the case with recent Android versions?

chris2017@xda

Jul 23, 2017
Dear Luk, thank you very much for all your efforts!

Apart from minor issues, the Rom works fine so far .

There's one major problem though: manual setting of the network provider does not work (affects LineageOS 16, 17 and 18).
If you have time to look into the problem, I can upload a log (adb logcat -b radio)
In my opinion the problem is somehow related to LineageOS, because I faced the same problem with my previous phone (Sony Xperia Z1 Compact) and LineageOS.
With Pixelexperience ROM (10 and 11) the manual selection work.

Reactions: Mam.Q
@LuK1337 - Thank you for your amazing work with this ROM!

I've been using 16.0 for the longest time on my Mi 5s. I never had the courage to install 17.1 because of the lack of an official build, but decided to give 18.1 a try a few days ago and am thoroughly loving it! Registering fingerprints and using the fingerprint sensor causes odd hangs, so I just stopped using it. Really small price to pay, the way I see it.

The only question I have is about the stock Email app. I am totally reliant on it, but don't seem to find it pre-installed. I can't seem to be able to find an APK of the app for LineageOs 18.1 online either. Does anyone know if the app is likely to appear in future updates of the OS? I might have to consider purchasing a subscription for the Nine email app otherwise. Am worried about privacy concerns around the GMail, Outlook, and other mail apps.

Bitdudeman

Mar 13, 2018
Regarding lineage-18.1-20210206_220727-UNOFFICIAL-capricorn.zip

Running last build as today and im loving it. No issues for now since im not using fingerprint. Everything is working smoth. Already encrypted the device and went well. Great battery autonomy.

Edited new info

Regarding lineage-18.1-20210216_140202-UNOFFICIAL-capricorn.zip

Tried dirty flash with the new update but did not boot. Possibly because I enabled encryption? Formated all again, installed new build with base nikgapps and its all rolling again.

Big thanks once again to @LuK1337 for is amazing work!

Last edited:

mamaliclimax

Nov 4, 2013

Running last build as today and im loving it. No issues for now since im not using fingerprint. Everything is working smoth. Already encrypted the device and went well. Great battery autonomy.

Edited new info

Tried dirty flash with the new update but did not boot. Possibly because I enabled encryption? Formated all again, installed new build with base nikgapps and its all rolling again.

Thanks . Hotspot noting work .please fix

Tomi_Ohl

Feb 12, 2013
Komárno

It wasn't because of encryption. I've just dirty flashed the latest build too and it stays on bootanimation for some minutes, then reboots to twrp.
Upgraded from a build from December, no encryption, stock kernel, Nikgapps, no root and absolutely no mods.

Reactions: Bitdudeman

mind_pt

Dec 30, 2015
Hello,
I'm a miui user for a long and I think give a try aosp rom because I'm stoked at android 8 and a few apk don't work it anymore.
This ROM is good for daily use? Because this is my only phone and I don't lose it.
Tell me about screen time and camera quality?
Many thanks.

leonkennedy35

Jan 1, 2015
izmir
Excellent work but I could not see volte icon with vodafone. It is enabled on settings and also enabled on Isp with volte supported device but when I call someone with my phone it drops to h+. Am I the only one?

chris2017@xda

Jul 23, 2017
Manual Network Selection does not work
Affects all tested versions Lineage 16, 17 and 18

Lineage: lineage-18.1-20210318_023304-UNOFFICIAL-capricorn
Download site: https://sourceforge.net/projects/luk-lineageos/files/capricorn/lineage-18.1/
Gapps: NikGapps-basic-arm64-11-20210130-signed
Installed from TWRP version twrp-3.5.0_9-0-capricorn
Clean install: wiped everything: Dalvik/Cache, System, data

error reproducible

Attached: logcat

Attachments

• logcat radio capricorn 20210323.txt
    344.9 KB · Views: 12

PackElend

Feb 11, 2013
is there are reasons why these are not working
  • Fingerprint is barely working ( it's better if you don't use it ) as from 17.1
  • WFD as from 18.1
as 16 was official

trimarin

Apr 4, 2021
Thanx for the hard work LuK1337.
Is there any chance the 5s will be officially supported? Seeing the 5 AND the 5s plus going official but not the 5s felt very sad. :(

unicastbg

May 1, 2011
Sofia
Sony Xperia V
Xiaomi Mi 5s
Yeah, I'd like to know the answer to these questions too.
I think it has something to do with the FP's firmware. Remember how much Xiaomi delayed Android Oreo's release because of FP problems? I think they were forced to come up with some sort of a solution because of their support strategy - 2 ( or was it 3?) Android versions for each device. And that solution wasn't good enough. I don't think there's anything anyone can do, unless they have some mad skills to reverse engineering the firmware.

Reactions: PackElend and Mam.Q

markuseck

Apr 27, 2021
It wasn't because of encryption. I've just dirty flashed the latest build too and it stays on bootanimation for some minutes, then reboots to twrp.
Upgraded from a build from December, no encryption, stock kernel, Nikgapps, no root and absolutely no mods.
Hi Tomi, did you find a solution to the problem? I have got the same one with the latest build from april.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
    • Fingerprint is barely working ( it's better if you don't use it )
    • WFD
    Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Yeah, I'd like to know the answer to these questions too.
    I think it has something to do with the FP's firmware. Remember how much Xiaomi delayed Android Oreo's release because of FP problems? I think they were forced to come up with some sort of a solution because of their support strategy - 2 ( or was it 3?) Android versions for each device. And that solution wasn't good enough. I don't think there's anything anyone can do, unless they have some mad skills to reverse engineering the firmware.
    Thanks . Hotspot noting work .please fix
    Greetings,

Yes, hotspot is not working. its stated in the first post.

What's not working :
    • Fingerprint is barely working ( it's better if you don't use it )
    • WFD

Cheers
    Fast charging working or not?
    Can be run as daily driver?
    replying to self - flashed jan30 build with nikgapps (omni)
    fast charging works and is stable

Edited new info