[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][capricorn][14] crDroid Android [kernel 4.4]

Search This thread

Inkypen

Aug 19, 2018
London
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Xiaomi Mi 5s
Hey guys, long time no see. I have a special update for you :)

crdroid A13 with built in gapps:

TWRP 3.7.0:

Unfortunately this TWRP can't decrypt internal storage because the FBE encryption scheme was changed in A12 and the recovery ramdisk is too small to fit an A12 based TWRP. You will have to use adb sideload to install the ROM and any additional things like Magisk.

I have a 4gb variant of capricorn and everything works OK but A13 might push the 3gb version past it's limits, so bear that in mind when trying it out.

Last edited:

odessy

Apr 3, 2008
Thank you very much. The version is quite functional. I recommend to install. Updated through the internal menu.

odessy

Apr 3, 2008
if the device is not used for a long time (more than 1 day), the SIM card is dropped. After restarting the device, everything is restored.

Naiemahmed

Mar 29, 2020
The file transfer option via USB was working and suddenly it is not working at all. I can see the popup & select the USB for file transfer option as well but it doesn’t show my device on laptop. What can I do?

Shiptor

Nov 25, 2017
Random reboot once in few weeks and after reboot swapped buttons reset
Apps crash sometimes mostly Youtube Vanced (maybe because i have 3gb version)
Black screen when someone calls so i accept calls from notifications
And i don't know if it's a bug or android 13 design but very long swipe needed to open pin-code unlock
But overall my phone never worked so fast and smoth with miui or any custom with 3.18 kernel

Reactions: ragnaroknroll
Random reboot once in few weeks and after reboot swapped buttons reset
Apps crash sometimes mostly Youtube Vanced (maybe because i have 3gb version)
Black screen when someone calls so i accept calls from notifications
And i don't know if it's a bug or android 13 design but very long swipe needed to open pin-code unlock
But overall my phone never worked so fast and smoth with miui or any custom with 3.18 kernel
Thanks a lot @Shiptor. That doesn't sound too bad at all. Will give this a shot soon. Cheers!

yoshayosh

Jan 18, 2019
Hi.. I'm using custom rom from this thread (crdroid 7.9), I'm feel GPS accuracy is poor.. how to improve it? thank you

Inkypen

Aug 19, 2018
London
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Xiaomi Mi 5s
I've updated this for A14. I made both gapps and non-gapps versions. My fingerprint sensor is broken so I'm unable to test it, but everything else is working. In order to install this you need to use the included recovery. TWRP WILL NOT WORK

Extract the recovery.img from the rom zip and install it in fastboot mode with "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"
Boot into recovery mode and use factory reset option. Format both data and cache partitions.
Use apply update and flash the rom via adb with "adb sideload rom.zip"
Apply any other mods you want (such as magisk) with adb sideload
Reboot

te4rs

I've updated this for A14. I made both gapps and non-gapps versions. My fingerprint sensor is broken so I'm unable to test it, but everything else is working. In order to install this you need to use the included recovery. TWRP WILL NOT WORK

Extract the recovery.img from the rom zip and install it in fastboot mode with "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"
Boot into recovery mode and use factory reset option. Format both data and cache partitions.
Reboot

w maintainer

kael2404

May 13, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 8
Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite

Reboot

Rom works great! There are 2 bugs so far: fingerprint scanner doesn't work (cannot add fingerprint), proximity sensor during calls doesn't turn off the screen

BRG29

Mar 6, 2024

Reboot

I just wanted to give you a big thanks! It works like a charm for the use I give to the device. It is almost 8 years old... Great work!

rradek01

Jan 16, 2024
Niech mi ktoś powie jak to działa? Czytnik linii papilarnych, GPS... Jakieś błędy?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New life for the old device. Thanks!
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

I have managed to get kernel 4.4 working on capricorn, all features are working including fingerprint sensor. This has FBE (file based encryption) enabled, which is easier to work with and use than traditional FDE (full disk encryption) in previous Android versions. Because of this change, you MUST use the FBE enabled TWRP recovery linked above in order to access your files in recovery mode. In case you missed it, here is the link again:

FBE enabled TWRP: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664781581

If you are coming from a 3.18 based ROM (which you probably will be) you MUST format your internal storage directly after flashing the ROM. Backup anything important first.

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

Source code related to the 4.4 bringup (including kernel source, device trees and HALs) are available here:

https://github.com/lithium-4-4-project

Very special thanks to @xNombre who did the original work porting 4.4 to gemini.

Download:
    ROM: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=327410

Known issues:
    You tell me :)

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    Mi 5s Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help our team pay server costs

Reboot

Hey guys, long time no see. I have a special update for you :)

crdroid A13 with built in gapps:

TWRP 3.7.0:

Unfortunately this TWRP can't decrypt internal storage because the FBE encryption scheme was changed in A12 and the recovery ramdisk is too small to fit an A12 based TWRP. You will have to use adb sideload to install the ROM and any additional things like Magisk.

I have a 4gb variant of capricorn and everything works OK but A13 might push the 3gb version past it's limits, so bear that in mind when trying it out.
    New build uploaded. September security update and kernel upped to 4.4.283
    I installed this rom yesterday
    No bugs so far, perfect for dialy use
    Thanks for the rom