Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
*/

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Instructions:
  • Download the latest build, recovery image and GApps (if you need them)
  • Flash the downloaded recovery image via fastboot
  • Boot to recovery
  • Format system and perform a factory reset
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build
  • Flash GApps and any other necessary add-ons

What's working:
  • WiFi
  • Camera and Camcorder
  • Bluetooth
  • NFC
  • Fingerprint - Oreo firmware required
  • GPS
  • OTG
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • RIL
  • VoLTE/VoWiFi
  • USB tethering/audio
  • SELinux: Enforcing

Known issues:
  • You tell me

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
  • All bugs should be reported here: Issue Tracker
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Thanks to:
@GivFNZ for testing my builds
@wiktorek140, @karthick mostwanted, @wh0dat, @KalilDev, @AsD Monio, @GoldeneyeS2, @Steve Mathew Joy and @rajatgupta1998 for their hard work on our device sources
LineageOS team

Changelogs:

Code:
2021-04-08:
Initial build.

Source code:

Last edited:

tfbb

Aug 27, 2018
thank you for your efforts, jarlpenguin - this is much appreciated. will this become an officially supported los-build at some point in the future?

Jacekalex

Mar 1, 2011
Hi
First, TWRP wiped data from / system and / data partitions Then I installed the image lineage-18.1-20210406-UNOFFICIAL-cedric.zip and Magisk-v22.1.zip Usually, after such an operation, the Android installer starts, and here the system asks me for PIN, when I enter the correct PIN of the previous system, I have a message that the PIN is incorrect.
The phone is locked.

Is there any way to get around this problem via TWRP?

EDIT:

OK,
I formatted / data in TWRP and started the installer.

But I have a problem with the SD card (it was also in LineageOS 17):
cedric / # mount | grep dm-1 /dev/block/dm-1 on /mnt/expand/8be4d77f-6c9d-4b13-bbac-804c592fc0b3 type f2fs (ro,dirsync,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,background_gc=off,user_xattr,acl,inline_data,extent_cache,active_logs=6) /dev/block/dm-1 on /data_mirror/data_ce/8be4d77f-6c9d-4b13-bbac-804c592fc0b3 type f2fs (ro,dirsync,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,background_gc=off,user_xattr,acl,inline_data,extent_cache,active_logs=6) /dev/block/dm-1 on /data_mirror/data_de/8be4d77f-6c9d-4b13-bbac-804c592fc0b3 type f2fs (ro,dirsync,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,background_gc=off,user_xattr,acl,inline_data,extent_cache,active_logs=6) cedric / # mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/dm-1 mount: '/dev/block/dm-1'->'/data_mirror/data_de/8be4d77f-6c9d-4b13-bbac-804c592fc0b3': Invalid argument cedric / # mount -o remount,rw /mnt/expand/8be4d77f-6c9d-4b13-bbac-804c592fc0b3 mount: '/dev/block/dm-1'->'/mnt/expand/8be4d77f-6c9d-4b13-bbac-804c592fc0b3': Invalid argument cedric / # mount -o remount,rw /mnt/expand/8be4d77f-6c9d-4b13-bbac-804c592fc0b3 mount: '/dev/block/dm-1'->'/mnt/expand/8be4d77f-6c9d-4b13-bbac-804c592fc0b3': Invalid argument cedric / #

EDIT 2:
Where is in Lineage-18.1 configurations:
"Developer options > Kill app back button"

Cheers

Last edited:

Nemgathos

Dec 10, 2018
Does LineageOS 18.1 work fine on the Moto G5? If that is the case, I am considering to install it as well.

Does anyone here know what I can do to avoid Google apps altogether? How can I install a good alternative play store on my device without using the Google Play Store first? Is APKPure a good alternative?

SirRGB

Jun 29, 2019
Google Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
Does LineageOS 18.1 work fine on the Moto G5? If that is the case, I am considering to install it as well.

Does anyone here know what I can do to avoid Google apps altogether? How can I install a good alternative play store on my device without using the Google Play Store first? Is APKPure a good alternative?

No need to sign in. You can also install aurora store via fdroid.

Jacekalex

Mar 1, 2011

In my lineage-18.1-20210406-UNOFFICIAL-cedric.zip SELinux blocked Magisk (from image Magisk-v22.1.zip), log:

04-16 22:25:01.406 2794 2821 I ActivityManager: Start proc 5959:com.topjohnwu.magisk/u0a158 for service {com.topjohnwu.magisk/com.topjohnwu.magisk.core.download.DownloadService} 04-16 22:25:01.596 5959 5959 W opjohnwu.magisk: type=1400 audit(0.0:52): avc: denied { read } for uid=10158 name="u:object_r:virtual_ab_prop:s0" dev="tmpfs" ino=343 scontext=u:r:untrusted_app:s0:c158,c256,c512,c768 tcontext=u:object_r:virtual_ab_prop:s0 tclass=file permissive=0 app=com.topjohnwu.magisk 04-16 22:25:01.612 5959 5959 I TetheringManager: registerTetheringEventCallback:com.topjohnwu.magisk 04-16 22:25:01.625 457 511 E vold : Failed to find mounted volume for /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.topjohnwu.magisk/files/ 04-16 22:25:01.626 5959 5959 W ContextImpl: Failed to ensure /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.topjohnwu.magisk/files: android.os.ServiceSpecificException: (code -22) 04-16 22:25:01.629 457 511 E vold : Failed to find mounted volume for /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.topjohnwu.magisk/cache/ 04-16 22:25:01.630 5959 5959 W ContextImpl: Failed to ensure /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.topjohnwu.magisk/cache: android.os.ServiceSpecificException: (code -22) 04-16 22:25:01.634 457 511 E vold : Failed to find mounted volume for /storage/emulated/0/Android/media/com.topjohnwu.magisk/

Also advise you to wait for the new, improved versions of Lineage and Magisk.

I am currently using: lineage-17.1-20210414-microG-cedric.zip
works corrected.
Microg instead of Google-apps.
Instead of Google-play, I use the Aurora Store installed with Fdroid.

Cheers

xattus:3

Dec 9, 2014
Hello, I'm glad that my terminal still has life thanks to people like you, I had no problems installing the ROM, although the detail that I can detect is that when making a call I have no return audio or speaker, some idea?, even so many thanks for the support :)

nift4

May 22, 2019
nift4.github.io
Moto G5
F(x)tec Pro1
2okPze5.png

Code:

/*
*/

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Instructions:
  • Boot to recovery
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build

What's working:
  • WiFi
  • Camera and Camcorder
  • Bluetooth
  • NFC
  • GPS
  • OTG
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • RIL
  • VoLTE/VoWiFi
  • USB tethering/audio

Known issues:
  • You tell me

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Thanks to:
@wiktorek140, @karthick mostwanted, @wh0dat, @KalilDev, @AsD Monio, @GoldeneyeS2, @Steve Mathew Joy and @rajatgupta1998 for their hard work on our device sources
LineageOS team

Changelogs:

Code:
2021-04-08:
Initial build.

Source code:
Hey Jarl, I know that you like copy-paste, but please modify the credits section to include cedric ones. Soham did the inital bringup, Lemony did testing, etc.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
For those that want to know how to fully pass safety net

Install official version of rom from lineage os site
Install bitgapps https://bitgapps.ga/arm64
Install magisk (at time of writing I'm using version 23.0)
Hide magisk with random package name
Enable magisk hide
Install MagiskHide Props Config module
Install Terminal emulator from playstore

In terminal emulator type props then enter
Select option 1
Select option f
Choose Google (option 7)
Choose pixel 4 (option 22)
Choose android version 11 (option 2)
Restart

Hello everyone!

I just updated to the latest version (lineage-18.1-20210624-nightly-cedric-signed.zip - don't remember what before) and get a "Encryption unsuccessful" error.

How can I fix this without formatting or wiping anything?

EDIT: downgrade to 16 or 17 didn't fix it

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:

/*
    */

Instructions:
    • Boot to recovery
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build

What's working:
    • WiFi
    • Camera and Camcorder
    • Bluetooth
    • NFC
    • GPS
    • OTG
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • VoLTE/VoWiFi
    • USB tethering/audio

Known issues:
    • You tell me

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Thanks to:
    LineageOS team

Changelogs:

Code:
    2021-04-08:
    Initial build.

Source code:
    just to verify.
    i have to put this on a sd card and install them on the phone with TWRP?
    No, sorry for not explaining.
    You download the ZIP on your PC, extract it (or extract NON-HLOS.bin from the ZIP).
    Then you reboot your phone to the bootloader, connect it to the PC and flash the file to the modem partition:
    Bash:
    fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    No, that didn't help. I tried that already. Tried again now, flashed newest recovery image and tried again - didn't work. Updated to latest version with adb sideload.

Thanks for your efforts by the way :)
    It should be fixed in the next build - you'll still have to sideload that one, but future builds should update OTA fine
    I am sorry to state, but the same issue exists in the newest build 20220217. The update failes with the same message as mentioned before:
    ERROR: This package requires firmware from an Adroid 8.1 based stock ROM build. Please upgrade firmware and retry!

Could you please check the nessecity of the ...Assert on Oreo Firmware in your changes?
    I totally agree, I have the same problem
    Okaaay ... this seems to be more compliacted than expected. How did you guys upgrade to Oreo FW? Where did you get it from?

Thanks
    update firmware from pc in fastboot mode volume down (-) connect to pc

Firmware LATAM XT1670 (amxla) Mini
    Firmware RETAIL XT167x (retail) Mini