[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][charlotte][8.1] LineageOS 15.1

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][charlotte][8.1] LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Huawei P20 Pro

Contributors
LuK1337
Source Code: https://github.com/berkeley-dev

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2018-05-18
Last Updated 2018-08-30

reeved

Jan 9, 2014
I didn't know it was possible to get Lineage up and running on the Kirin chips! This is great! Was it made easier because of Treble? :)

DaveP2611

Aug 11, 2014
Basildon
Reactions: aaddiikk

virtyx

Jan 3, 2011
This makes me moist

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Can we just flash magisk ontop in twrp?
I'll test soon enough
I'm hopeful that lineage will unleash this phones full potential without the bloat of emui

reeved

Jan 9, 2014
Likely to be broken along with Desktop mode as well, which is a bit of a kicker really. Will see how this works and maybe if WiFi calling is functional I might stick with it.

Surely it would be possible to port over the P20 Pro camera app to Lineage? Phh ported over the Mate 10 camera for use with the Treble roms so I don't see why it shouldn't be possible.

faremoney

Jan 12, 2010
i hope the devs manage to port the camera features then, because a stock experience on p20 pro would be dope but the camera is the killer feature for me on this phone

DaveP2611

Aug 11, 2014
Basildon
Surely it would be possible to port over the P20 Pro camera app to Lineage? Phh ported over the Mate 10 camera for use with the Treble roms so I don't see why it shouldn't be possible.

Oh I'm not saying it won't get ported, but I've always assumed that Lineage as it comes is stock, but there is nothing to stop ports happening, just wouldn't expect it to be included in the ROM

Shaolin36

Feb 10, 2016
Chelmsford, Essex
if someone can try...

(i'm still waiting for unlocking codes -_- )

I flashed Lineage for the honor view 10 a few days ago and moved camera libs and apk into priv-app. Night mode and AI definitely worked, but the UI scale for the app was totally wrong.

Edit: to clarify I have a P20 pro and flashed the honor view 10 Lineage onto it.

Last edited:
Reactions: djlukas1983

mudnightoil

Jul 22, 2014
First of all @LuK1337 - big thank you!

If I might be so bold as to offer a suggestion, though:

@surdu_petru has successfully baked stock Huawei camera into AOSP based ROMs. If you're not already considering it or working on it, perhaps he could give you some tips on how to make it work.

There's also this thread, which you're probably aware of. https://forum.xda-developers.com/pr.../huawei-stock-camera-app-treble-roms-t3735169 Though obviously it'll need the latest version of stock camera - preferably from 120 firmware.

It would also probably be preferable to port the Huawei stock Gallery app, thereby eliminating the last issue with ported stock camera.

Again, thanks!

Edit: I see people are already talking about this.

virtyx

Jan 3, 2011
I flashed Lineage for the honor view 10 a few days ago and moved camera libs and apk into priv-app. Night mode and AI definitely worked, but the UI scale for the app was totally wrong.

Edit: to clarify I have a P20 pro and flashed the honor view 10 Lineage onto it.

where are the camera libs?

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
First of all @LuK1337 - big thank you!

If I might be so bold as to offer a suggestion, though:

@surdu_petru has successfully baked stock Huawei camera into AOSP based ROMs. If you're not already considering it or working on it, perhaps he could give you some tips on how to make it work.

There's also this thread, which you're probably aware of. https://forum.xda-developers.com/pr.../huawei-stock-camera-app-treble-roms-t3735169 Though obviously it'll need the latest version of stock camera - preferably from 120 firmware.

It would also probably be preferable to port the Huawei stock Gallery app, thereby eliminating the last issue with ported stock camera.

Again, thanks!

Edit: I see people are already talking about this.

I'm not going to work on EMUI Camera. Also Surdu wasn't really responsible for porting it, it was phh that did the actual work.

virtyx

Jan 3, 2011
I'm not going to work on EMUI Camera. Also Surdu wasn't really responsible for porting it, it was phh that did the actual work.

how is the camera on this lineage?
i flashed it but it required me to do a wipe on my /data so i had to skip it for the time being (cant setup my phone right now)
so i reverted back.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
how is the camera on this lineage?
i flashed it but it required me to do a wipe on my /data so i had to skip it for the time being (cant setup my phone right now)
so i reverted back.

No idea, even if I had this device I would pretty much never use the camera. I only have View 10 right now which is my main kirin970 dev phone (I may have Honor 10 too in the future, we'll see).

mudnightoil

Jul 22, 2014

I know. My point was that he has now taken phh's work and baked it into custom ROMs successfully.

If you have no intention of doing so, hopefully others may pick up the baton now that you've released the first LOS / AOSP ROM for the P20 Pro.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
I know. My point was that he has now taken phh's work and baked it into custom ROMs successfully.

If you have no intention of doing so, hopefully others may pick up the baton now that you've released the first LOS / AOSP ROM for the P20 Pro.

There's no reason to do that. People that really want to use phh's camera app can just add it without my help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
    Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][charlotte][8.1] LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Huawei P20 Pro

Contributors
    LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/berkeley-dev

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2018-05-18
    Last Updated 2018-08-30
    hi, i am thinking to bring up AOSCP for p20 pro now that im here too, but i need to know if it worths it.
    How is the camera quality in LOS , is it any near to the stock emui ?

EDIT:
    nvm , i brought it up already and i will soon build and test it.
    thanks to @LuK1337 ofc that we have los already , it only took me 5 minutes to do the initial bringup. Thank you Luk. Looking farward to work together the next few years on p20 pro.
    p.s. sorry for partially off topic. i posted initially to ask users about the cam and if it worths it to develop a custom rom, but it was faster to just test it and see myself , lol.
    P20 Pro Camera Test (C432B131)
    * The installer linked above removes the LOS Camera and Gallery as part of the install script

I spent a few hours this weekend looking into what it would take to get a fully functional camera with Gallery. I found that a copy of the camera is stored in /product/app/HwCamera2. So the installer above adds a few more files to the /system directory which I believe are necessary for the camera but then symlinks from /system/priv-app/HwCamera2 to /product/app/HwCamera2.

At first glance, it seems that the MasterAI and portrait mode are working, but the Gallery still doesn't open. The thumbnail image for the gallery updates after you take a picture but trying to open the Gallery gets this message: "Unable to view photos. Please add Gallery to the work profile and try again." I have not been able to get around this error so I thought I'd post it up in this thread and see if anyone has any ideas.

Also of note, in the /product partition there is also a file called /product/overlay/Gallery2Overlay/Gallery2Overlay.apk. This may be helpful, I'm just not sure how to use it.
    P20 magisk camera? Is it utilising all of the lenses? That's amazing.

I tried to install this but it didn't boot.

Currently on - c782, FM -110, device - L09

Any reason why it shouldn't boot? Will give it another whirl but I just wondered.

Little hesitant to dive in again , had to do an eRecovery earlier. Wasn't pleasant..
    Yes P20 camera. All the modes work and it's utilising all 3 lenses. Let me know it you want the files uploaded. All installed as magisk modules. It's a solid setup. All the modes work except of course AI scene detection which I always had turned off anyways. I have also never had a force close on the camera. I also have the latest camera installed in the magisk module as you can see from the camera interface I attached...
    P20 Pro Camera working on Lineage ......this is done through magisk, it's not perfect and the older app, but it's working :laugh:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone