Development [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][cheetah/panther] LineageOS 20.0 for the Pixel 7 Pro/7

Search This thread

neelchauhan

Dec 25, 2016
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 6
b99f5a1c489fc91d2a2057f5f1beaa47.jpg

LineageOS 20.0 for the Pixel 7 Pro (cheetah) and Pixel 7 (panther).

Known issues:
  • NOTE: This is an early-stage build, and may not be the most stable. It works fine for me as a daily driver on a Pixel 7 (panther), however.
  • The status bar is mis-aligned to the left by a few pixels, but this does not cause any usability issues, fortunately.
  • Dual eSIM doesn't work (yet), but stock is probably affected too until the feature drop
  • You tell me.
Install Instructions:

1. Be sure you're on the latest stock 13 build and have an unlocked bootloader. You may also be able to flash from GrapheneOS, CalyxOS, or another ROM.
  2. Go into fastboot mode (turn off phone and then Power + Volume down)
  3. Make sure you have the adb/fastboot tools
  4. Run fastboot flash --slot all boot boot.img
  5. Run fastboot flash --slot all init_boot init_boot.img
  6. Run fastboot flash --slot all vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
  7. Run fastboot flash --slot all vendor_kernel_boot vendor_kernel_boot.img
  8. Boot into recovery
  9. Press Factory Reset and confirm
  10. Go to Apply Update -> Apply from ADB
  11. Run adb sideload LOS_BUILD (Replace LOS_BUILD with your LOS ZIP file)
  12. To add GApps, go to Advanced -> Reboot to Recovery -> Apply Update -> Apply from ADB
  13. Run adb sideload GAPPS_BUILD (Replace GAPPS_BUILD with your GApps ZIP file, repeat this step if you want Magisk)
  14. Press Reboot System Now

Update Instructions:

1. Download the latest ZIP
  2. Reboot to recovery
  3. Flash the latest ZIP
  4. Reboot to recovery
  5. If you previously installed it, flash GApps and Magisk
  6. Reboot to system

Passing SafetyNet/Play Integrity:

For some reason, this ROM only needs the Displax SafetyNet Fix and Shamiko (or DenyList) on top of Magisk in order to pass SafetyNet/Play Integrity, which is a nice bonus. As of 11/17, I was able to use GPay with this ROM if you use Magisk, Shamiko, and Displax SafetyNet Fix.

Download:
Pixel 7 Pro (cheetah)
Pixel 7 (panther)
Official MindTheGApps
UPDATE: LineageOS has "experimental" builds for Pixel 7 (and 6) here. They aren't technically mine, but I'm also the reason Google Tensor GKI kernels build there 😁. Fortunately GPay still works with the experimental builds.

Sources:
Kernel
Device Trees
Vendor

Last edited:

neelchauhan

Dec 25, 2016
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 6
It did not recognize my sim card as the mobile data was greyed out. I had to revert back to stock rom and did everything correctly as you explained how to install it.
Are you on eSIM or physical SIM? Pro or non-Pro? Which carrier/country? Do you have a T-Mobile or AT&T variant?

On a unlocked non-carrier variant Pixel 7, this ROM recognizes my T-Mobile US eSIM, and also a Verizon MVNO (US Mobile) physical SIM.

neelchauhan

Dec 25, 2016
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 6
Ahhh Yeah! you rock man! I am dropping everything to get this installed now!! Thank you so much!

oh do you know if this build includes the google photos unlimited storage baked in? I Had It with SparkOS on my pixel 6 pro, and its a lifesaver! I guess Ill find out as soon as i get it running. Thank you again!
I don't use Google Photos since I use Nextcloud and am not sure, but it should work since unlike official LOS builds, the ROM fingerprint is the same as stock (also similar to how Play Integrity passes).

P6P

Oct 29, 2021
Nothing Phone 1
Google Pixel 6a
Ahhh Yeah! you rock man! I am dropping everything to get this installed now!! Thank you so much!

oh do you know if this build includes the google photos unlimited storage baked in? I Had It with SparkOS on my pixel 6 pro, and its a lifesaver! I guess Ill find out as soon as i get it running. Thank you again!
No lineageos doesnt have this feature. Use the Pixelify.apk and you are good to go.

UltimateGamer83

Oct 17, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
tried it again. reinstalling from scratch. i have a pixel 7 pro factory unlocked model straight from google.com. i have the bootloader unlocked with oem. my carrier is att with phsyical sim. so it is indeed working this time. maybe the first time didn't work because i forgot to factory reset.

neelchauhan

Dec 25, 2016
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 6
tried it again. reinstalling from scratch. i have a pixel 7 pro factory unlocked model straight from google.com. i have the bootloader unlocked with oem. my carrier is att with phsyical sim. so it is indeed working this time. maybe the first time didn't work because i forgot to factory reset.
That's your issue, if you don't factory reset then it obviously won't work.

Well, sometimes I forget it too 🤪.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Where can I find this Sultan's kernel? Maybe I'll give it a try.
    I recall many years back when I used his builds/kernels for OnePlus One. It was great :))
    this one works for me.
    b99f5a1c489fc91d2a2057f5f1beaa47.jpg

LineageOS 20.0 for the Pixel 7 Pro (cheetah) and Pixel 7 (panther).

Known issues:
    • NOTE: This is an early-stage build, and may not be the most stable. It works fine for me as a daily driver on a Pixel 7 (panther), however.
    • The status bar is mis-aligned to the left by a few pixels, but this does not cause any usability issues, fortunately.
    • Dual eSIM doesn't work (yet), but stock is probably affected too until the feature drop
    • You tell me.
    Install Instructions:

1. Be sure you're on the latest stock 13 build and have an unlocked bootloader. You may also be able to flash from GrapheneOS, CalyxOS, or another ROM.
    2. Go into fastboot mode (turn off phone and then Power + Volume down)
    3. Make sure you have the adb/fastboot tools
    4. Run fastboot flash --slot all boot boot.img
    5. Run fastboot flash --slot all init_boot init_boot.img
    6. Run fastboot flash --slot all vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
    7. Run fastboot flash --slot all vendor_kernel_boot vendor_kernel_boot.img
    8. Boot into recovery
    9. Press Factory Reset and confirm
    10. Go to Apply Update -> Apply from ADB
    11. Run adb sideload LOS_BUILD (Replace LOS_BUILD with your LOS ZIP file)
    12. To add GApps, go to Advanced -> Reboot to Recovery -> Apply Update -> Apply from ADB
    13. Run adb sideload GAPPS_BUILD (Replace GAPPS_BUILD with your GApps ZIP file, repeat this step if you want Magisk)
    14. Press Reboot System Now

Update Instructions:

1. Download the latest ZIP
    2. Reboot to recovery
    3. Flash the latest ZIP
    4. Reboot to recovery
    5. If you previously installed it, flash GApps and Magisk
    6. Reboot to system

Passing SafetyNet/Play Integrity:

For some reason, this ROM only needs the Displax SafetyNet Fix and Shamiko (or DenyList) on top of Magisk in order to pass SafetyNet/Play Integrity, which is a nice bonus. As of 11/17, I was able to use GPay with this ROM if you use Magisk, Shamiko, and Displax SafetyNet Fix.

Download:
    Pixel 7 Pro (cheetah)
    Pixel 7 (panther)
    Official MindTheGApps
    UPDATE: LineageOS has "experimental" builds for Pixel 7 (and 6) here. They aren't technically mine, but I'm also the reason Google Tensor GKI kernels build there 😁. Fortunately GPay still works with the experimental builds.

Sources:
    Kernel
    Device Trees
    Vendor
    bu.. bu. but the pixel firmware is already perfect 🥺🥺
    I still maintain this build for the fun of it, and for anyone who wants it. I use it mainly since the Pixel stock ROM is a bit bloated for me.

Yes, the Pixel stock ROM is still excellent, even better than many other custom ROMs IMHO, and definitely when compared to something "stock" like OnePlus OxygenOS <=11 (yes, even pre-ColorOS OOS was trash IMHO) or Motorola's stock ROM.

I did run Pixel 3/6/7 with both stock and custom ROMs but only ran OP/Moto devices with custom ROMs.

And even if LOS isn't needed on a Pixel 6/7 now, it will be 3 years down the line when you only get security updates, and especially 5 years post-release when Google stops updating.

I don't need LOS on a Pixel the way I need it on a OnePlus (or a Motorola), but it's still nice to have just in case.
    Sorry for the delay, I was really busy the past three months or so. I plan to release new builds of P7 LOS later today.

EDIT: There are experimental LOS builds here: https://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/lineageos/exp/

I'm using those above builds now.
    ChangeLog:

2022/11/26:
    • Updated build to 2022/11/27 (arrgh, UTC/PST differences)

2022/11/16:
    • Initial build for cheetah/panther.
    • Is stable (for me at least) on a Pixel 7, your experience may vary however
    LOS 20 is up officially, hope see official realese for our devices soon)
    It might not be a perfect place but anyone want panter lineage December built ?