Development [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][cheetah/panther] LineageOS 20.0 for the Pixel 7 Pro/7

Search This thread

gershee

I still maintain this build for the fun of it, and for anyone who wants it. I use it mainly since the Pixel stock ROM is a bit bloated for me.

Yes, the Pixel stock ROM is still excellent, even better than many other custom ROMs IMHO, and definitely when compared to something "stock" like OnePlus OxygenOS <=11 (yes, even pre-ColorOS OOS was trash IMHO) or Motorola's stock ROM.

I did run Pixel 3/6/7 with both stock and custom ROMs but only ran OP/Moto devices with custom ROMs.

And even if LOS isn't needed on a Pixel 6/7 now, it will be 3 years down the line when you only get security updates, and especially 5 years post-release when Google stops updating.

I don't need LOS on a Pixel the way I need it on a OnePlus (or a Motorola), but it's still nice to have just in case.
And very much appreciated!

I personally want less bloat and more customization.

Waiting for time to full wipe so I can jump ship to LOS.

Thanks again!

Reactions: Pixel86

J0nhy

Jan 22, 2016
I installed this and so far it works fine, only thing is that for some reason play store keeps showing no internet

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221127-183643_Google Play Store.png
    Screenshot_20221127-183643_Google Play Store.png
    165.5 KB · Views: 104

Oorgle1337

Jan 30, 2012
i swear im not blind but i feel like it right now. i have a taskbar for a nav bar and i cant find the disable taskbar option. when i search for it in settings i see it in the results but not where it should be. any one here not as blind as me?

Oorgle1337

Jan 30, 2012
i swear im not blind but i feel like it right now. i have a taskbar for a nav bar and i cant find the disable taskbar option. when i search for it in settings i see it in the results but not where it should be. any one here not as blind as me?
nm found it..had to increase display size by a lottt and then the settings showed up where they should be phew holy poop

neelchauhan

I installed this and so far it works fine, only thing is that for some reason play store keeps showing no internet
Did you try Wi-Fi?

Looking at your notification bar, it seems you are on dual-SIM. Could you try the other service?

You could also clear your play store and play services information. This could help, it is what I usually do for Magisk root hiding and does not remove your google account.

J0nhy

Jan 22, 2016
Did you try Wi-Fi?

Looking at your notification bar, it seems you are on dual-SIM. Could you try the other service?

You could also clear your play store and play services information. This could help, it is what I usually do for Magisk root hiding and does not remove your google account.
Yep tried everything I just went back to stock then installed pa which works a little better for me, thanks

rzcay69

Apr 23, 2011
yo @neelchauhan just loaded up the new build, so far super smooth! question, any idea if viper4android is compatible with this build? i get an error message about "no supported CPU architectures found" when trying to install the driver. previously came from Corvus ROM with working V4A, thanks

neelchauhan

got it, that makes sense. using Dolby Atmos mod instead for now. Also Google Camera crashes on launch, am I missing something?
Did you get google camera from the play store or a third-party? If it's the latter, try getting it from the play store. This isn't Samsung/OnePlus/Xiaomi after all.

GCam is in the play store on pixels even those running custom ROMs.

rzcay69

Apr 23, 2011
Did you get google camera from the play store or a third-party? If it's the latter, try getting it from the play store. This isn't Samsung/OnePlus/Xiaomi after all.

GCam is in the play store on pixels even those running custom ROMs.finstalled

GCam is in the play store on pixels even those running custom ROMs.
installed from Aurora Store and APKmirror but both crash a few seconds after opening. I dont usually sign in to use playstore but will try. do you have any plans to implement 32bit app support later?
Play store version also crashing ;\

Last edited:

xdeeranx

Oct 21, 2022
Anyone have problems with restarting systemUI? Whenever I do a systemUI restart it causes the entire phone to crash. I can't apply substratum theme or use project themer because of that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If your referring to "Official" builds, according to the LineageOS subbredit the build servers are on hold while they prepare for the QPR2 update.

Apparently, this update has undergone a "code cleanup" by Google which has removed some older code that many LineageOS apps relied on. Additionally, this may result in many devices that had LineageOS 21 support, having to revert back to LineageOS 20 (hopefully temporarily). The P7/7Pro is suppose to retain support for 21, but many older Pixel devices (as well as devices from other manufacturers) currently may have to revert back to LineageOs 20.

More info is available in the subreddit, and there should eventually be a post in the LineageOS Blog concerning this issue.
    Though many are probably already aware "Official" builds resumed this past week for the 7/7Pro.

I just wanted to send out a Big Thank You to @mikeioannina and the many other Dev's and maintainers for their hard work on maintaining our devices. Your work is greatly appreciated.
    b99f5a1c489fc91d2a2057f5f1beaa47.jpg

LineageOS 20.0 for the Pixel 7 Pro (cheetah) and Pixel 7 (panther).

Known issues:
    • NOTE: This is an early-stage build, and may not be the most stable. It works fine for me as a daily driver on a Pixel 7 (panther), however.
    • The status bar is mis-aligned to the left by a few pixels, but this does not cause any usability issues, fortunately.
    • Dual eSIM doesn't work (yet), but stock is probably affected too until the feature drop
    • You tell me.
    Install Instructions:

1. Be sure you're on the latest stock 13 build and have an unlocked bootloader. You may also be able to flash from GrapheneOS, CalyxOS, or another ROM.
    2. Go into fastboot mode (turn off phone and then Power + Volume down)
    3. Make sure you have the adb/fastboot tools
    4. Run fastboot flash --slot all boot boot.img
    5. Run fastboot flash --slot all init_boot init_boot.img
    6. Run fastboot flash --slot all vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
    7. Run fastboot flash --slot all vendor_kernel_boot vendor_kernel_boot.img
    8. Boot into recovery
    9. Press Factory Reset and confirm
    10. Go to Apply Update -> Apply from ADB
    11. Run adb sideload LOS_BUILD (Replace LOS_BUILD with your LOS ZIP file)
    12. To add GApps, go to Advanced -> Reboot to Recovery -> Apply Update -> Apply from ADB
    13. Run adb sideload GAPPS_BUILD (Replace GAPPS_BUILD with your GApps ZIP file, repeat this step if you want Magisk)
    14. Press Reboot System Now

Update Instructions:

1. Download the latest ZIP
    2. Reboot to recovery
    3. Flash the latest ZIP
    4. Reboot to recovery
    5. If you previously installed it, flash GApps and Magisk
    6. Reboot to system

Passing SafetyNet/Play Integrity:

For some reason, this ROM only needs the Displax SafetyNet Fix and Shamiko (or DenyList) on top of Magisk in order to pass SafetyNet/Play Integrity, which is a nice bonus. As of 11/17, I was able to use GPay with this ROM if you use Magisk, Shamiko, and Displax SafetyNet Fix.

Download:
    Pixel 7 Pro (cheetah)
    Pixel 7 (panther)
    Official MindTheGApps
    UPDATE: LineageOS has "experimental" builds for Pixel 7 (and 6) here. They aren't technically mine, but I'm also the reason Google Tensor GKI kernels build there 😁. Fortunately GPay still works with the experimental builds.

Sources:
    Kernel
    Device Trees
    Vendor
    bu.. bu. but the pixel firmware is already perfect 🥺🥺
    I still maintain this build for the fun of it, and for anyone who wants it. I use it mainly since the Pixel stock ROM is a bit bloated for me.

Yes, the Pixel stock ROM is still excellent, even better than many other custom ROMs IMHO, and definitely when compared to something "stock" like OnePlus OxygenOS <=11 (yes, even pre-ColorOS OOS was trash IMHO) or Motorola's stock ROM.

I did run Pixel 3/6/7 with both stock and custom ROMs but only ran OP/Moto devices with custom ROMs.

And even if LOS isn't needed on a Pixel 6/7 now, it will be 3 years down the line when you only get security updates, and especially 5 years post-release when Google stops updating.

I don't need LOS on a Pixel the way I need it on a OnePlus (or a Motorola), but it's still nice to have just in case.
    Sorry for the delay, I was really busy the past three months or so. I plan to release new builds of P7 LOS later today.

EDIT: There are experimental LOS builds here: https://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/lineageos/exp/

I'm using those above builds now.
    ChangeLog:

2022/11/26:
    • Updated build to 2022/11/27 (arrgh, UTC/PST differences)

2022/11/16:
    • Initial build for cheetah/panther.
    • Is stable (for me at least) on a Pixel 7, your experience may vary however
    LOS 20 is up officially, hope see official realese for our devices soon)
    It might not be a perfect place but anyone want panter lineage December built ?