Development [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][cheetah/panther] LineageOS 20.0 for the Pixel 7 Pro/7

Search This thread

Commander.Keen

Mar 21, 2023
Sorry for a dumb question: I installed the image in December and didn't care about security updates so far. I don't find any updates at [Settings]->[System]->[Updater]. Do I really have to install a full image (monthly), install all apps and do all settings? Thanks!

i42o

Sorry for a dumb question: I installed the image in December and didn't care about security updates so far. I don't find any updates at [Settings]->[System]->[Updater]. Do I really have to install a full image (monthly), install all apps and do all settings? Thanks!
yes. update via updater... reboot to recovery flash gapps..reboot recovery... flash magisk... reboot system. profit... i tried updating via updater wiithout flashing gapps and once i rebooted i had crashes everywhere..... id honestly say its better to update via adb sideload >> reboot and flash gapps >> flash magisk >> . this has worked for me as well as i said before... good luck,,,

Commander.Keen

Mar 21, 2023
yes. update via updater... reboot to recovery flash gapps..reboot recovery... flash magisk... reboot system. profit... i tried updating via updater wiithout flashing gapps and once i rebooted i had crashes everywhere..... id honestly say its better to update via adb sideload >> reboot and flash gapps >> flash magisk >> . this has worked for me as well as i said before... good luck,,,
Thanks. I'll try updating via adb. Updater doesn't find any updates since November. Thank you!

waffle_bottom

Feb 6, 2023
Hey guys and gals,

New to the pixel series phones and I have been running an unofficial build of lineageOS for several months. I have been running the March security update but have not updated any firmware. I noticed the panther builds are up now with March security but does not appear to contain any firmware. Assuming cheetah will not for tonight's builds either. How does one in this situation update the firmware or what options can be taken to do so?

I have background and developed for a few years on here many years back with samsung devices. I made a huge leap from an s4/s5 to the pixel 7 pro so many things are quite different to me. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to share some information. I am very happy with my builds and would prefer not starting over (wipe for factory) but if I have to, so be it.

halfbytecode

Apr 11, 2012
03/25 build for Pixel 7 Pro seems to be available now. Includes some stuff from QPR2 update. Not sure if it contains everything, as indicated in the post above. @waffle_bottom

Edit: I clean flashed it over the March factory build, and it worked well. Both Vendor security patch level and Android security update are at March 05, 2023.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2023
if you're upgrading from older lineage builds, be sure to flash the updated march radio image (you can find it in factory build downloads).
this solved some 5g issues i had for my carrier.

lineage zip doesn't include it, of course.
the rest should be fine i guess, security patches and vendor files were updated by lineage maintainers.

Reactions: gap30

waffle_bottom

Feb 6, 2023
if you're upgrading from older lineage builds, be sure to flash the updated march radio image (you can find it in factory build downloads).
this solved some 5g issues i had for my carrier.

lineage zip doesn't include it, of course.
the rest should be fine i guess, security patches and vendor files were updated by lineage maintainers.
The bootloader has also been updated!

theincognito

Feb 26, 2015
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hey guys and gals,

New to the pixel series phones and I have been running an unofficial build of lineageOS for several months. I have been running the March security update but have not updated any firmware. I noticed the panther builds are up now with March security but does not appear to contain any firmware. Assuming cheetah will not for tonight's builds either. How does one in this situation update the firmware or what options can be taken to do so?

I have background and developed for a few years on here many years back with samsung devices. I made a huge leap from an s4/s5 to the pixel 7 pro so many things are quite different to me. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to share some information. I am very happy with my builds and would prefer not starting over (wipe for factory) but if I have to, so be it.

As a rule of thumb, look at the changes included in the current build and if it has android_xx_xxx tag merged (AKA security patch), update the bootloader and radio for that month from pixel factory image. That's what I do.

rum0s

Dec 22, 2007
Is Screencast working for anybody?

Also is NowPlaying Shortcut showing for anyone in the lockscreen?

Thx

TanakaX5

Dec 17, 2015
Nothing Phone 1
Google Pixel 7 Pro
As a rule of thumb, look at the changes included in the current build and if it has android_xx_xxx tag merged (AKA security patch), update the bootloader and radio for that month from pixel factory image. That's what I do.
hey,

in germany there is still no march factory image on googles images site, does any of you guys know if i can use the global march build or should i wait till it has arrived on the german site? i mean global means global right?

anyway, i'm using LOS now with not updated radio and bootloader, so far no problems

Reactions: theincognito

Dr.Pepper

Jan 20, 2013
Moscow
Google Pixel 8
hey,

in germany there is still no march factory image on googles images site, does any of you guys know if i can use the global march build or should i wait till it has arrived on the german site? i mean global means global right?

anyway, i'm using LOS now with not updated radio and bootloader, so far no problems
Switch website to English... And you'll see march realese

Reactions: TanakaX5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If your referring to "Official" builds, according to the LineageOS subbredit the build servers are on hold while they prepare for the QPR2 update.

Apparently, this update has undergone a "code cleanup" by Google which has removed some older code that many LineageOS apps relied on. Additionally, this may result in many devices that had LineageOS 21 support, having to revert back to LineageOS 20 (hopefully temporarily). The P7/7Pro is suppose to retain support for 21, but many older Pixel devices (as well as devices from other manufacturers) currently may have to revert back to LineageOs 20.

More info is available in the subreddit, and there should eventually be a post in the LineageOS Blog concerning this issue.
    Though many are probably already aware "Official" builds resumed this past week for the 7/7Pro.

I just wanted to send out a Big Thank You to @mikeioannina and the many other Dev's and maintainers for their hard work on maintaining our devices. Your work is greatly appreciated.
    b99f5a1c489fc91d2a2057f5f1beaa47.jpg

LineageOS 20.0 for the Pixel 7 Pro (cheetah) and Pixel 7 (panther).

Known issues:
    • NOTE: This is an early-stage build, and may not be the most stable. It works fine for me as a daily driver on a Pixel 7 (panther), however.
    • The status bar is mis-aligned to the left by a few pixels, but this does not cause any usability issues, fortunately.
    • Dual eSIM doesn't work (yet), but stock is probably affected too until the feature drop
    • You tell me.
    Install Instructions:

1. Be sure you're on the latest stock 13 build and have an unlocked bootloader. You may also be able to flash from GrapheneOS, CalyxOS, or another ROM.
    2. Go into fastboot mode (turn off phone and then Power + Volume down)
    3. Make sure you have the adb/fastboot tools
    4. Run fastboot flash --slot all boot boot.img
    5. Run fastboot flash --slot all init_boot init_boot.img
    6. Run fastboot flash --slot all vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
    7. Run fastboot flash --slot all vendor_kernel_boot vendor_kernel_boot.img
    8. Boot into recovery
    9. Press Factory Reset and confirm
    10. Go to Apply Update -> Apply from ADB
    11. Run adb sideload LOS_BUILD (Replace LOS_BUILD with your LOS ZIP file)
    12. To add GApps, go to Advanced -> Reboot to Recovery -> Apply Update -> Apply from ADB
    13. Run adb sideload GAPPS_BUILD (Replace GAPPS_BUILD with your GApps ZIP file, repeat this step if you want Magisk)
    14. Press Reboot System Now

Update Instructions:

1. Download the latest ZIP
    2. Reboot to recovery
    3. Flash the latest ZIP
    4. Reboot to recovery
    5. If you previously installed it, flash GApps and Magisk
    6. Reboot to system

Passing SafetyNet/Play Integrity:

For some reason, this ROM only needs the Displax SafetyNet Fix and Shamiko (or DenyList) on top of Magisk in order to pass SafetyNet/Play Integrity, which is a nice bonus. As of 11/17, I was able to use GPay with this ROM if you use Magisk, Shamiko, and Displax SafetyNet Fix.

Download:
    Pixel 7 Pro (cheetah)
    Pixel 7 (panther)
    Official MindTheGApps
    UPDATE: LineageOS has "experimental" builds for Pixel 7 (and 6) here. They aren't technically mine, but I'm also the reason Google Tensor GKI kernels build there 😁. Fortunately GPay still works with the experimental builds.

Sources:
    Kernel
    Device Trees
    Vendor
    bu.. bu. but the pixel firmware is already perfect 🥺🥺
    I still maintain this build for the fun of it, and for anyone who wants it. I use it mainly since the Pixel stock ROM is a bit bloated for me.

Yes, the Pixel stock ROM is still excellent, even better than many other custom ROMs IMHO, and definitely when compared to something "stock" like OnePlus OxygenOS <=11 (yes, even pre-ColorOS OOS was trash IMHO) or Motorola's stock ROM.

I did run Pixel 3/6/7 with both stock and custom ROMs but only ran OP/Moto devices with custom ROMs.

And even if LOS isn't needed on a Pixel 6/7 now, it will be 3 years down the line when you only get security updates, and especially 5 years post-release when Google stops updating.

I don't need LOS on a Pixel the way I need it on a OnePlus (or a Motorola), but it's still nice to have just in case.
    Sorry for the delay, I was really busy the past three months or so. I plan to release new builds of P7 LOS later today.

EDIT: There are experimental LOS builds here: https://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/lineageos/exp/

I'm using those above builds now.
    ChangeLog:

2022/11/26:
    • Updated build to 2022/11/27 (arrgh, UTC/PST differences)

2022/11/16:
    • Initial build for cheetah/panther.
    • Is stable (for me at least) on a Pixel 7, your experience may vary however
    LOS 20 is up officially, hope see official realese for our devices soon)
    It might not be a perfect place but anyone want panter lineage December built ?