• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CM 12.0 for Galaxy Grand Duos (I9082/I9082L) (Update 20150627) 2SIM

Khaled Neda

Oct 31, 2014
Cairo
Sometime has to be causing it, but I don't think it is cache files. Probably something that accesses the mic.
Yes I think there is issue in mic most users report mic bug from many angles recording video, what's up and calling

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

I don't use this baseband (I9082DDUBNB1) which many people report so I'm not face problem of calling but I face problem of video volume

pawitp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
Yes I think there is issue in mic most users report mic bug from many angles recording video, what's up and calling
It's obvious that's there are mic issues, and they may or may not be related. (I don't really see how they are related except for the fake the mic.) The way that the RIL accesses the mic and the rest of the system accesses the mic are completely different.

I meant that, some app accessing the mic may be interfering with video recording. And if you can find out what app is doing that, then it will take less time to find a fix.

Reactions: dipeshpatel.1991

Khaled Neda

Oct 31, 2014
Cairo
It's obvious that's there are mic issues, and they may or may not be related. (I don't really see how they are related except for the fake the mic.) The way that the RIL accesses the mic and the rest of the system accesses the mic are completely different.

I meant that, some app accessing the mic may be interfering with video recording. And if you can find out what app is doing that, then it will take less time to find a fix.
The bug of recording video is strange I checked now and found it works fine the bug occur sometime and disappear in another time, for me I don't use any apps use mic I installed Google translate but don't use voice feature and when checked I found it works so fine

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

We know that lollipop very different from kitkat and most apps has issues even Firefox has problem beside cm didn't launch nightlies yet so we appreciate your work

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Another issue point, I think YouTube app and freezing video sites problem related to graphic drivers when video freeze in streaming sites I open full screen to play and when exit full screen it freeze , and no problem in sound at all, but YouTube site only works well
Edit : I heard that Google pushed lollipop sub update 5.0.1 in OSAP I don't know you will use by cm or what

Last edited:

beegee

Aug 12, 2013
Belgrade
Hi, fellow developer.
I'm coming from S2 Plus section.
All patches are same as for Grand, same to S2 Plus, so I wanted to ask..
Our build with PIN patch is good for non-carrier users. Since that patch, I can't use CM12 no more, because I'm carrier-locked. (I can use without problem CM11)
I have no signal, and cellular data.
So, is there any workaround, or something? Thanks in advance.

dmax7

Oct 7, 2014
Dear pawitp, Your rom is getting better in every update. I'm using ur rom in a daily base from its first built.
While installing the update i faced some problems. it was only because of my fault, but i think it is better to inform you about that.
I wiped internal memory while updating along with system, cache, dalvic cache n user data, the result was total mess.. system ui/process was having error - no status bar, sims not detected, camera saying insert SD card, file manager not showing internal memory ect. i wondered . reinstalling was also gave same result. then i decided to go back to the prvious versions tried 20141123 build, OMG it worked fine. (Similar problem happened while im installing previous Built 20141128, with internal memory wipe, but at that time i thought that it was due to the error in the downloaded file ie, corrupted, also the medicine was installing BUILT20141123 and clean install of update without internal memory wipe). Please mention about what is happenig while wieping internal memory to cause such error and fixed by a previous built ?
:confused:

Im mentioning some problems along with this since from the beginning. ( I know its an alpha built so bugs are natural . but mentioning just for information.)
1) Phone app sometime works crazy, while in taping speed dial /call back from recent / even call no. from contact/dailer, the app is not responding(the option for selecting sim is not showing and working after restart till the nExt appearance of the problem.
Since i have enabled dual sim I thought that the problem was due to "ask first" option i have given. but when i opt for sim 1/sim 2 and repeat the action the app even crazy the number got dialed and call got connected but it was in the background, no ongoing call notification, caller ui etc. So im thinking that the selection of the sim option will be appearing on the background.
This problem appears randomly and it is crazy because that this problem appears while we are tapping the speed dial in a hurry (This happens because sim selection option is appearing a bit late comparing with the other quick response other options of the ROM) !!! :eek: Exists even from the beginning with out doing any titanium backup or ant other apps installed
2) this problem has been mentioned by other users that .. unable to send msgs from sim 2 the option is not showing. I have clarified it in the Q&A section that this problem exists only in the 1st SMS sending in the second time the option is appearing.
3) the location / alarm clock notification in the status bar is not disappearing even after disabling the location /disabling the option " show an icon in alarm is set".
4) it is nice to see that power control widget is incorprated in the latest built ( i don't know it exists i the previous built. got noticed when appeared in the home screen in the latest built. But we can't able to disable the location from it.

Request/ Suggestions
1) please provide an option to edit quick settings . we can change the brightness from sliding the status bar. so please provide an option to disable the brightness slider in the notification drawer. also you can provide an option to automatically disable it while adaptive brightness i s enabled.
2) Battery % in status-bar.
3) going to more settings of location from quick settings/ providing option to change mode from quick settings .

once again thank you for providing us lollipop. Wishing it will be much more tastier than KITKAT in the near future. :highfive:

Reactions: srikanthrayavarapu

mrbasharking

Nov 3, 2009
Cairo
@pawitp

As a test for the mic thing, try to reproduce this please....

Have a viber call on and try to inturrupt it with regular phone call, once you hangup the call and return back to viber the mic will be muted.

Noticed that happening 3 times so far, I wish it helps, not sure if logcat will be any helpful for this incident.

*EDIT* A huge improvement has been noticed when it comes to the mobile data connectivity and speed, have you changed anything in 0212 build? :D

Last edited:

tekkenl0rd13

Nov 27, 2012
What is your--
Phone model (I9082 or I9082L): I9082
Radio (baseband): DXUBMI1
CM version: cm12-1202
CM Download url:
Gapps version: gapp 1109

Did you--
wipe: YES, clean install
restore with titanium backup: NO
reboot after having the issue: YES

Are you using--
a task killer: NO
a non-stock kernel: NO
CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
Dual SIM: Single Sim, DS disabled via terminal given the codes
other modifications: NONE

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Since AOSP or CM doesnt provide apps for wifi transfer. Been used the app
"Share It" (downloadable in playstore)

1. Go to gallery and send any file or image
2. Send via Share iT.
3. Find the recievers name ( sometimes cant see)
4. After file transfer completes, select finish
5. Reboot happens.

(i think the closing of hotspot do has problems)

Attached a logcat

Attachments

pawitp

Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
Dear pawitp, Your rom is getting better in every update. I'm using ur rom in a daily base from its first built.
While installing the update i faced some problems. it was only because of my fault, but i think it is better to inform you about that.
I wiped internal memory while updating along with system, cache, dalvic cache n user data, the result was total mess.. system ui/process was having error - no status bar, sims not detected, camera saying insert SD card, file manager not showing internal memory ect. i wondered . reinstalling was also gave same result. then i decided to go back to the prvious versions tried 20141123 build, OMG it worked fine. (Similar problem happened while im installing previous Built 20141128, with internal memory wipe, but at that time i thought that it was due to the error in the downloaded file ie, corrupted, also the medicine was installing BUILT20141123 and clean install of update without internal memory wipe). Please mention about what is happenig while wieping internal memory to cause such error and fixed by a previous built ?
:confused:
By internal memory, do you mean /data? This should not happen. Make sure the file's MD5 is correct, then file a bug report in the bug report format and attach a logcat.

@pawitp

As a test for the mic thing, try to reproduce this please....

Have a viber call on and try to inturrupt it with regular phone call, once you hangup the call and return back to viber the mic will be muted.

Noticed that happening 3 times so far, I wish it helps, not sure if logcat will be any helpful for this incident.

*EDIT* A huge improvement has been noticed when it comes to the mobile data connectivity and speed, have you changed anything in 0212 build? :D
Can anyone else try this? I don't have time at the moment. Does it happen all the time or only sometime?

When in doubt, attach a logcat. It's better than nothing. While I can't say it'll definitely be useful, but most of the time, it has a high chance of being useful.

What is your--
Phone model (I9082 or I9082L): I9082
Radio (baseband): DXUBMI1
CM version: cm12-1202
CM Download url:
Gapps version: gapp 1109

Did you--
wipe: YES, clean install
restore with titanium backup: NO
reboot after having the issue: YES

Are you using--
a task killer: NO
a non-stock kernel: NO
CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
Dual SIM: Single Sim, DS disabled via terminal given the codes
other modifications: NONE

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Since AOSP or CM doesnt provide apps for wifi transfer. Been used the app
"Share It" (downloadable in playstore)

1. Go to gallery and send any file or image
2. Send via Share iT.
3. Find the recievers name ( sometimes cant see)
4. After file transfer completes, select finish
5. Reboot happens.

(i think the closing of hotspot do has problems)

Attached a logcat
Log says it's due to mediaprovider. Can you try clearing the data of "Media Storage"?

GrungeFactor

Jun 25, 2013
Mic Related problem some infos.

@pawitp, Yes! Like you said it's caused by any apps which access the mic like what'sapp or video recording, totally agreed on it. But it's not particularly by what'sapp cos I don't install whatsapp on my phone but still the mic problem exist so i have to restart the phone to stop the issue temporary. The issue actually started whenever I use google now (Ok Google) which actually uses the mic and more than that I haven't use any apps that use the mic. So we are now coming closer, it's not any particular apps that causes this mic issues for call and as well as the video recording, it's any apps that use the mic for some purpose. I think this will help a bit.

Just FYI it's nothing really major, but the detection itself for "Ok Google" also you have to speak really loud to get activated but at the normal voice where my RedMi could detect it, my grand cannot detect it. I kept both the phones on the table and see which one activated first but our galaxy grand fails in that, with little lower voice it's not at all detected and when detected also it's comparatively slow. Maybe because of hardware (Mic) limitation might be the issue also.

Thanks

Khaled Neda

Oct 31, 2014
Cairo
@pawitp, Yes! Like you said it's caused by any apps which access the mic like what'sapp or video recording, totally agreed on it. But it's not particularly by what'sapp cos I don't install whatsapp on my phone but still the mic problem exist so i have to restart the phone to stop the issue temporary. The issue actually started whenever I use google now (Ok Google) which actually uses the mic and more than that I haven't use any apps that use the mic. So we are now coming closer, it's not any particular apps that causes this mic issues for call and as well as the video recording, it's any apps that use the mic for some purpose. I think this will help a bit.

Just FYI it's nothing really major, but the detection itself for "Ok Google" also you have to speak really loud to get activated but at the normal voice where my RedMi could detect it, my grand cannot detect it. I kept both the phones on the table and see which one activated first but our galaxy grand fails in that, with little lower voice it's not at all detected and when detected also it's comparatively slow. Maybe because of hardware (Mic) limitation might be the issue also.

Thanks
I tried turn off and on OK Google but useless I tried Google translate app using my voice and identified my voice words from distance. This problem appear and disappear without reasons so I'm sure it's rom issue

pawitp

Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
I tried turn off and on OK Google but useless I tried Google translate app using my voice and identified my voice words from distance. This problem appear and disappear without reasons so I'm sure it's rom issue
Yes, it's an issue with the ROM, but what we're trying to find out is what is triggering it. Nothing occurs without reason. There's a reason, and once we find that reason, we can fix the issue.

Khaled Neda

Oct 31, 2014
Cairo
Yes, it's an issue with the ROM, but what we're trying to find out is what is triggering it. Nothing occurs without reason. There's a reason, and once we find that reason, we can fix the issue.
Yes you right I mean it occurs without reason of app or behavior but sure there is something, I am sure that factory lollipop itself has many bugs because it's very new and different system I think the 5.0.1 update may affect

NoobInToto

Dec 4, 2013
Coimbatore
After flashing the 02/12 build, my baseband got reset. Now i cannot even change it, i flashed it(i9082xxubmk3) twice but it didnt change o_O
Also i have location off but i see gps icon on the status bar, it isnt going away.

NoobInToto

Dec 4, 2013
Coimbatore
flashing the rom changed baseand?:confused:
yeah :eek:

and somehow i cant change baseband via odin. I was able to in the last build. Also 2/12 build overwrote my SuperSU and inbuilt supersuser took over. This is good XD . Call seems to be working , i dont know if the call problem will come back. But baseband is changed, it is not the indian one...

Last edited:

Parth2187

Jul 25, 2013
New Delhi
Am using xenon own ROM he has updated 03.12.2014 all bugs removed almost ..smooth n buttery. Very happy with lollipop with excellent battery backup.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Dear Hemant, Please don't talk about other ROMs on this thread. This thread is meant for development for reporting bugs only and other discuss ions related to CM12 ROM only. I am giving you one piece of advice.. Be quiet and Enjoy your favourite ROM.

Last edited: