[ROM] UNOFFICIAL CM11 for p880

Search This thread

Optimissimus99

Feb 21, 2014
I have tried F2FS also, but the problem lies in the read performance, wich worse than on ext4. And read performance is much more important than the write one... ;)

SuperLamic

Oct 24, 2011
Prague
Hey, I've tested last version and it looks kinda good :D The issue with paid apps seems to be gone, so now is built-in kernel again usable. Thanks, laufer

No, recording issue has been fixed months ago but camera doesn't work in 3rd party apps - you can see only green screen

On my other device Samsung i9001 is also present in LGCcamera this feature in Android 4.4.4, so it is not unique. The reason lies in not adapting applications to Android drivers.
To me this is not a bug in ROM but in the application.

IcanhasLG

Feb 27, 2014
I just dont see any reason to gloat to be honest and switching back to ext4 is not because is better or worst but because people didnt show any interest in it and easiest move ever is to ditch it. I will do my best not to gloat for giving people a chance to testing it and decide the outcome with real life usage and not just random website benchmarks.

Yeah, this is not true, i noted that it doesn't improve anything unless you are running large databases while it WILL affect read speed which you DO use.

The "random website" was this website, it was from XDA and it matches all other benchmarks made except from a company pushing it (gee, i can't imagine why they would introduce flawed results for a product they are selling, can you?) so...

Don't try to rewrite history, that is just dishonest.

Anyway, it was meant as a tounge in cheek joke, nothing more.

And if you want to, you can adress me directly instead of acting like a teenage girl and say something in a conversation apropos nothing amongst your group of friends. That is just pathetic.

Reactions: Pesach85

Coolneng

Mar 28, 2013
Yugoslavia
Yeah, this is not true, i noted that it doesn't improve anything unless you are running large databases while it WILL affect read speed which you DO use.

The "random website" was this website, it was from XDA and it matches all other benchmarks made except from a company pushing it (gee, i can't imagine why they would introduce flawed results for a product they are selling, can you?) so...

Don't try to rewrite history, that is just dishonest.

Anyway, it was meant as a tounge in cheek joke, nothing more.

And if you want to, you can adress me directly instead of acting like a teenage girl and say something in a conversation apropos nothing amongst your group of friends. That is just pathetic.

If you hate so much this forum, just go back to Modaco. Before you came, nobody would fight with anybody. You're a troublemaker

tool_king

Mar 2, 2013
If you hate so much this forum, just go back to Modaco. Before you came, nobody would fight with anybody. You're a troublemaker

I agree with you, that this forum shouldn't be the place to discuss personal animosities. PM's should be used for this.

But if you would know IcanhasLG's great work on Modaco, you would know, that he isn't a troublemaker, but a troubleshooter. :good:

Pesach85

Dec 20, 2010
Apricena
I agree with you, that this forum shouldn't be the place to discuss personal animosities. PM's should be used for this.

But if you would know IcanhasLG's great work on Modaco, you would know, that he isn't a troublemaker, but a troubleshooter. :good:
I have to admit there was a bad aptitude on kernel making and rom making in Web in general not only xda:

Seems that everyone make a rom or kernel have to sponsorize his work as it selling something like the Philosophy stone or something like the commit which revolution all the world.. But nothing of this match with the reality... I think all the problem is this bad strategy of communication : emphatize and multiply the work of the Devs as the ultimate work possible and then discover that without continuous troubleshooting nothing of really good can be done..

Be well all, sometimes free and honest speaking have this "hard" role to report people with the feet on the ground, in this case, regarding the hard work of developers that we appreciate, but I personally don't like this way to speak and communicate like someone has to make known his work greater than it is really.

The f2fs wasn't this so magnificent think as it was presented, no one really need it. Stop.

SamsungTelefon

Sep 28, 2011
Ljubljana
The 28/9 is in ext4 ?

I'm still on 26/4 with some bugs:
#1 Have to enter SIM PIN after time
#2 Battery drain if Wifi used and switched OFF
#3 Google services drain battery if my mobile data is OFF

Everyhing else is superb.

EB20XY

Jan 22, 2012
The 28/9 is in ext4 ?

I'm still on 26/4 with some bugs:
#1 Have to enter SIM PIN after time
#2 Battery drain if Wifi used and switched OFF
#3 Google services drain battery if my mobile data is OFF

Everyhing else is superb.

Yes, should be ext4 now.

Did someone tried newest upload build from 8.10. already ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now, as many of you already might guess, our x3 might not receive official CM11. And getting CM11 to work on our phone is actually not that easy... So @Demetris, @Adam77Root and I decided to team up and get it working ourselves. But, if anyone else wants to help, any help whatsoever is highly appreciated.

You have several ways to get in touch with us:
    • You can use this thread (but keep it development related)
    • We have our own IRC channel on freenode, called #p880-dev
    • Use our github site
    • PM us (even though the other ways are preferable)

As you can see, we have forked CM10.2 kernel, device tree and vendor blobs, created the new CM11 branches and already gathered all our changes and committed it to the repos.

So, you may ask yourself now, what are the goodies in here:
    • Dolby Digital
    • Dolby Surround
    • SRS WOW
    • Several other audio tweaks
    • Latest WiFi drivers
    • General speed optimizations
    • Something I most likely forgot :p

Requirements
    • Latest recovery (CWM 6.0.4.4 is working just fine for me, and the latest TWRP does also work AFAIK)

Now, the most important part from now on:
    Download
    You can download all builds from this threads download section.
    However, as devDB is having issues ATM, you can get the file also HERE
    For GAPPS, you can use the ones from HERE (I am using the mini modular ones)

If you want to use this sources/ROM as your base, you sure are allowed, but please let us know about it before you release it and give credits.
    That's all we ask for.

Installation
    When coming from anything <4.4, you better wipe system first
    • As usual, make a backup first ;)
    • Full wipe/Factory reset
    • Flash the ROM
    • Flash GAPPS
    • Reboot and enjoy :)

It can be that after the first boot, the system seems completely bugged (keys not responding, laggy,....), but keep it running for a few minutes, reboot and everything should be fine.

I know you want to know the actual Status, so we try to always keep it updated in this OP:

Not working:
    Video recording
    You tell me ;)

Working:
    Everything else ;)

If you like our work and all the time we spent in order to get it working, feel free to buy us a coke/beer/whatever by donating a litte bit :)

And last but not least, please keep this thread on topic! All OT posts will be deleted without further warnings!

XDA:DevDB Information
    UNOFFICIAL CM11, a ROM for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Contributors
    laufersteppenwolf, Adam77Root, Demetris, Everyone who wants to ;)
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    Based On: CM11

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 20140302
    Stable Release Date: 2014-03-02

Created 2013-12-01
    Last Updated 2014-03-02
    Progress: Omni is booting. Newest 4.4 N7 blobs and newest BCM4330 firmware for Wi-Fi.
    You want to build the rom using our sources?
    Sync common CM 11.0 sources with our custom local manifest:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>

<project path="device/lge/p880" name="P880-dev/android_device_lge_p880" groups="device" />
      <project path="kernel/lge/x3" name="P880-dev/android_kernel_lge_x3" />
      <project path="vendor/lge" name="P880-dev/proprietary_vendor_lge" />

</manifest>
    Ok people since our "dispute" with IcanhasLG has ended well through pm's and work has resume.Am back with new kernel and ramdisk updates :D
    @IcanhasLG as i said in pm you don’t need to avoid me at all! After all if we avoid interacting with people whats the reason we are here? Right? :p
    I just didn’t liked the fact that you went public accusing me and demand to fix (like i owe anything to anyone in here) something i do on my free time for fun.
    So instead of avoid each other lets join forces :D
    What i mean is: Feel free to test new kernel/ramdisk and if anything comes up that needs fixing you can always issue a pull request :victory:
    @all xda community Let the fun flow again and the force be with you :highfive:
    I'm using the latest Nightly, which should include that patch. But the bug persists.

Edit: i'm using custom kernel. So i suppose that's normal.

Indeed, it's a kernel change, which means you need to run the patched kernel to fix the issue, until other kernels have merged the commit, too ;)

I just got home form the hospital, so please give me a couple of days to get up to date and merge it ;)
    I've got almost 50 notifications on xda, and haven't even been looking into github/gerrit/... yet, so there's a lot of work to do for me, now, but I'm still not really that fit, but I'll keep you posted;)