[ROM][Unofficial CM12][5.0.2]CM12 Preview Builds for Deb - 1/06

Search This thread

Ajfink

Dec 2, 2011
For those who want to get in on CM12 pronto, here is a straight-from-CM-source build. The usual disclaimers: I'm not responsible for anything going wrong, including but not limited to bricking your tablet, requiring reflashes, or the NSA spying on you.

I will update this post with new builds as I create them every day or two, depending on what changes are merged: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/status:merged+branch:cm-12.0,n,z

If something doesn't work, I doubt I can help you, I'm not developer. I just ran the build and installed it on my Nexus 7 to see if it works (it does!). No cherry picks, just merged CM ROM/Kernel. However, if something doesn't work, post it.

What works: Everything stock plus a few CM features.

What's broken: Some people report data connection problems

What's here (1/03+):
Battery % indicator in notification bar, choosable icon
A bunch of behind the scenes stuff
Trebuchet
Status bar brightness control
Single-down swipe for settings panel for swipes on the right side of status bar
Privacy Guard (including Privacy section in settings)
CM File Manager
Advanced Reboot
CM Superuser controls
Double-tap status bar or lockscreen slider to sleep
Notification light controls (including custom lights for individual apps)
Codec enhancements
Option not to have the screen wake on plug
ADB over network
Voice wakeup
Lots of CM app Material design changes

Requirements:

Latest bootloader installed via fastboot
The ROM from here: 1/06 - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95887005526787409

Old versions:

GAPPS: http://d-h.st/l6z
Latest TWRP

Instructions:

The usual: Backup, Wipe, Flash Zips.

If you have problems downloading files after you flash this, follow the steps listed here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=57295498&postcount=89

I DID NOT DO ANY OF THIS WORK. ALL THE CREDIT GOES TO:

The CM Team
Chainfire
TheMuppets
The testers: nazafalas, skynet11

Cheers

Last edited:

skynet11

Oct 14, 2010
I tried the 12/17 build but got bootloop city even though I had already been running a Lollipop ROM. I was grilling some buffalo wings (woohoo!) at the time so I had waited well over 20 minutes. I'm trying again so I can try to grab a logcat if it doesn't boot this time.

Edit: Oh snap! This time it booted! Thanks for your hard work to everyone involved ��

Last edited:

skynet11

Oct 14, 2010
The LTE radio seems a bit wonky, being disabled until I toggle airplane mode on and off again (after which it seems to work fine). Also, it gives some 5-digit number for my carrier as opposed to saying "Verizon Wireless." I tried to grab a logcat but it didn't contain anything useful. Sorry ?

Reactions: Ajfink

Ajfink

Dec 2, 2011
The LTE radio seems a bit wonky, being disabled until I toggle airplane mode on and off again (after which it seems to work fine). Also, it gives some 5-digit number for my carrier as opposed to saying "Verizon Wireless." I tried to grab a logcat but it didn't contain anything useful. Sorry ?

Carriers have unique ID codes. Apparently matching up those codes to their respective carriers hasn't been done yet.

Thanks for the heads up on the radio.

Reactions: skynet11

donb1

Aug 25, 2012
deb build

Full wipe works best from km 4.04. Great so far with everything working to plan. Not used cm since my Xoom days.:cowboy:

Ambious

May 11, 2008
Haifa
First of all, THANK YOU for supporting deb! :):fingers-crossed:
I tried to dirty flash over an existing AOSP install first (I know, bad Ambious) and obviously it didn't boot very well (it actually started deodexing, then stuck at 'Starting apps').
So then I went back to recovery, full-wiped, flashed clean.... and nothing. Endless boot (people throw the term 'bootloop' around where it's actually just a boot hang).
Tried clearing cache, dalvik, fix permission even - to no avail.
I also can't logcat because the CM default requires manual authorization... :/
(I have everything backed up so it's no biggy, I just really wanted to try it).
Any tips?

skynet11

Oct 14, 2010
First of all, THANK YOU for supporting deb! :):fingers-crossed:
I tried to dirty flash over an existing AOSP install first (I know, bad Ambious) and obviously it didn't boot very well (it actually started deodexing, then stuck at 'Starting apps').
So then I went back to recovery, full-wiped, flashed clean.... and nothing. Endless boot (people throw the term 'bootloop' around where it's actually just a boot hang).
Tried clearing cache, dalvik, fix permission even - to no avail.
I also can't logcat because the CM default requires manual authorization... :/
(I have everything backed up so it's no biggy, I just really wanted to try it).
Any tips?
flash your previous ROM again, flash CM12 over it, and if it gets stuck on "starting apps" again just do a normal reboot. It's really weird how a simple reboot after one of these lockups works better than starting over from scratch. I've only rarely ever seen this be the case, and I've been flashing custom ROMs since the Eclair days.

Reactions: Ambious and donb1

Ambious

May 11, 2008
Haifa
flash your previous ROM again, flash CM12 over it, and if it gets stuck on "starting apps" again just do a normal reboot. It's really weird how a simple reboot after one of these lockups works better than starting over from scratch. I've only rarely ever seen this be the case, and I've been flashing custom ROMs since the Eclair days.

Amazing how the simplest of solutions sometimes pass by us.
It actually worked :D
Thanks!

Reactions: skynet11

donb1

Aug 25, 2012
Worked fine for me last night even indoors.Not got round to a reflash today though so on kk at the moment, not sure why it wouldn't boot up this morning even with a soft reboot.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone