• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] ColtOS 7.4 [SM-T320] [11] [Enforcing] [OTA] [10/10/21]

Search This thread

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016
Usb ADB works OK here I use it all the time, try toggling USB debugging on / off / on in developer options, or Revoke USB debugging authorizations, it should re-prompt for authorization when you connect.

it could also be a bad usb cable or charge only, try another cable and see if it helps :)
That was fast, thank you!
Hmm, now I believe, there's something wrong with my hardware setup. I've got two T320, one running on your build, one on LineageOS nightly. Both are recognized as devices, but can't establish a wired debugging connection. For both, I don't get the authorization dialogue you've posted. Revoke USB debugging authorizations don't work. I've tried 3 different cables, working well with my other devices (two Galaxy S4 jfltexx i9505), i.e. with these devices I can establish a usb debugging connection. Maybe there are some device specific requirements for adb on the computer (I've got Linux Mint running)? Anyway: as it is working for you, and as I'm obviously the only one having this problem, we can leave it as it is.

Thanks for your effort.

OccamsRazor

Oct 16, 2021
Then maybe you've got a hardware issue. You could check out if you've got the same problem with other roms.
I've got my tablet's Colt ROM tweaked just the way I like it & I really don't want to redo the setup after a re-flash of another ROM & then return to Colt just to find out if it's a hardware issue. Aside from the minor inconvenience of having to transfer files via a PC instead of directly via OTG, I'm very HAPPY with the Colt ROM as it is so I'll just leave it be for now. I do have another identical tablet I could flash the Colt ROM to as well & I'll flash the Colt ROM to that before doing anything else.

Thank you for your help. It's reassuring to know that OTG does work.

Thanks again.

Reactions: pocketrule

otyg

Apr 5, 2013
That was fast, thank you!
Hmm, now I believe, there's something wrong with my hardware setup. I've got two T320, one running on your build, one on LineageOS nightly. Both are recognized as devices, but can't establish a wired debugging connection. For both, I don't get the authorization dialogue you've posted. Revoke USB debugging authorizations don't work. I've tried 3 different cables, working well with my other devices (two Galaxy S4 jfltexx i9505), i.e. with these devices I can establish a usb debugging connection. Maybe there are some device specific requirements for adb on the computer (I've got Linux Mint running)? Anyway: as it is working for you, and as I'm obviously the only one having this problem, we can leave it as it is.

Thanks for your effort.
just tested on linux, if you first run adb kill-server, then run adb as root on linux, and you should be able to connect, keep a look out for the authorization prompt on the tablet .

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 17

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016
just tested on linux, if you first run adb kill-server, then run adb as root on linux, and you should be able to connect, keep a look out for the authorization prompt on the tablet .
Wow, it's working now! After running adb as root - never had to before - I've got the authorization request you've mentioned - and I know from my other devices. Now it's working even without running adb as root.
Thank you - again! You made my day (well, rather night) 👏️

Reactions: otyg

froggeret

Oct 18, 2021
Tried Colt OS 7.4 on my SM-T320 8.4 tablet yesterday. MICROPHONE was NOT working properly across multiple apps. Hardly any mic gain. People couldn't hear me talking. No way to boost mic gain. As soon as I went back to Colt OS 6.5 it was fine. Please check and fix in Colt OS 7.5 and beyond. Thank you.

OccamsRazor

Oct 16, 2021
I've got my tablet's Colt ROM tweaked just the way I like it & I really don't want to redo the setup after a re-flash of another ROM & then return to Colt just to find out if it's a hardware issue. Aside from the minor inconvenience of having to transfer files via a PC instead of directly via OTG, I'm very HAPPY with the Colt ROM as it is so I'll just leave it be for now. I do have another identical tablet I could flash the Colt ROM to as well & I'll flash the Colt ROM to that before doing anything else.

Thank you for your help. It's reassuring to know that OTG does work.

Thanks again.
Well ... I just flashed my other SM-T320 & I can't use OTG on it either. Worked fine in the stock ROM.

One thing that both have in common is that they were both rooted before flashing. I tried installing TWRP on the second SM-T320 without rooting it but wasn't getting anywhere so rooted then installed it without issue. The one thing I forgot to do was to see whether OTG was still working after the root. Oh well ...

FWIW, after the root both tablets display:

Set Warranty Bit : kernel

on startup in yellow text in the top left corner of the screen.

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016
Well ... I just flashed my other SM-T320 & I can't use OTG on it either. Worked fine in the stock ROM.
If it worked in stock rom, it should work in twrp and lineageos, too...

... One thing that both have in common is that they were both rooted before flashing. I tried installing TWRP on the second SM-T320 without rooting ...
How do you install TWRP? Try flashing (latest version) with odin. There's no difference in having root or not before doing a clean flash - if present, it gets lost.

Have you checked, that everything is wiped correctly:
- wipe everything (except external sd and otg)
- format data

you could check out the great tutorials from @Retrial ⚡S4 Unified Collection & Guides⚡ especially
- INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY
- CLEAN INSTALL CUSTOM ROM

These tutorials are for Galaxy S4, but flashing process is exactly the same.

FWIW, after the root both tablets display:

Set Warranty Bit : kernel

on startup in yellow text in the top left corner of the screen.
That's the indicator for a different recovery (not stock), actually a good sign.

OccamsRazor

Oct 16, 2021
If it worked in stock rom, it should work in twrp and lineageos, too...
Turns out another microSDXC card was accepted by both tablets. Have no idea why the original microSDXC card wasn't since it worked fine with the stock ROM on the tablets (even rooted) & on at least 3 other 2018 or newer Android devices. I made a mistake in trying to correct the issue so had to return to the stock rooted ROM which is how I know it worked on a rooted stock ROM. Anyvey ... OTG works on both tablets. Thank you!

How do you install TWRP? Try flashing (latest version) with odin. There's no difference in having root or not before doing a clean flash - if present, it gets lost.

Have you checked, that everything is wiped correctly:
- wipe everything (except external sd and otg)
- format data
The first tablet:
- Wiped everything except internal storage.
- Formatted data.
- Installed MARTINI ROM & attempted to install BiTGApps which partly failed but was good enough to get started.
- Updated to TIPSY ROM via tablet download & then dirty installed using TWRP. Checked the hashes on both the tablet file & the file I downloaded separately to my laptop & they were correct.

The second tablet 1st attempt:
- Wiped everything except internal storage.
- Did NOT format data.
- Installed TIPSY ROM & Pico GApps.
- Worked just fine but in a moment of sheer brilliance I attempted to re-root the tablet with the WRONG file so a re-do was necessary.

The second tablet 2nd attempt:
- Wiped everything including internal storage
- Did NOT format data.
- Installed MARTINI ROM & Pico GApps.
- Went back a build because both left/right gestures on both tablets stopped working & I was hoping the MARTINI build would fix the issue. It didn't.

you could check out the great tutorials from @Retrial ⚡S4 Unified Collection & Guides⚡ especially
- INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY
- CLEAN INSTALL CUSTOM ROM

These tutorials are for Galaxy S4, but flashing process is exactly the same.
Some seriously sweet work! Thank you for the link!

That's the indicator for a different recovery (not stock), actually a good sign.
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a lengthy & helpful reply!

bowen873

Jul 10, 2008
PA
I just dusted off my tablet after it has been sitting for a few years. I was attempting to install this ROM but have a few questions:

It seems like this ROM has great feedback. Is this the most stable of what is currently available?

What GAPPS do I need to download? I was having trouble figuring that out. Edit - I figured this out.

Thanks.

Last edited:

RonWolf61

May 30, 2015
Installed thuis ROM this week on my SM-T320 that was running Lineage 17. This ROM feels more stable, WiFi working great. Very happy so far.😀

gpinpin

Oct 25, 2012
Hello
I had not come since the start of rom 6.5 which works very well in android 10 (thank you)
I see a 7.4 android 11 rom.
My question to those who have taken the plunge: Is it better for you?
Do you have to erase everything in order to use it?

Thank you in advance for your answers
Gpinpin

catish

Apr 6, 2011
Shenzhen
hi! me again! i have checked, my wifi issue comes from both 802.11w Management Frame Protection and wifi channels, some channels like 161, 165 etc can not be connected by this rom. and also, i have no idea how to change the acent color of this rom. something more, changes on colt decorations always make systemui crashed and sometimes it cause restarts(one time it restarted to recovery).
Screenshot_20211011-092337319 (1).jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you add support for SM-T325? Would be nice to have MHL.
    will there be a version for SM-T325?
    Banner_R_1.png

Code:
    >> Standard Disclaimer <<
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you blame me in any way for what happens to your device, I will laugh at you.
    * BOOM! And Turn to Ashes...!!!

Introduction.png

What's ColtOS
    Needless to say, ColtOS Project is custom ROM based on AOSP by a team of learners with all the necessary customizations, without compromising the stability and security of the device.
    We have cherry-picked the features from many other open-source roms/projects and we are very thankful to all of them!
    We try to keep ColtOS as stable as possible, on an off chance you faced any issues with official builds, please let us know via our official telegram group or XDA thread.

Team ColtOS
    We, The ColtOS Team, are a bunch of Android enthusiast coming from a wide variety of industries (some of them don't even belong to anything related to programming or coding). But we like what we do.
    We are young and growing team of learners. We are still learning and helping each other learn as well. Thanks to entire ColtOS team for giving their precious time to this Project.

@Rakesh Batra - Lead Developer and Founder of ColtOS
    @nitin.chobhe - Core Developer
    @mg712702 - Core Developer
    @SaurabhCharde - Community Manager
    @SuperDroidBond - Project Contributor
    @Roger.T - Graphics Designer
    @mukesh22584 - Project Contributor

Requirements
    Latest TWRP
    GAPPS (OpenGapps pico recommended)

Install
    Wipe Data partition, Wipe System, Cache & Dalvik Cache
    Installl rom, gapps and magisk (optional).
    reboot wait 5 minutes.
    -

NOTE: If you fail to follow these instructions, please don't bother reporting any bugs. Also we do not
    support any Xposed or Magisk modules or any custom kernel so please keep in mind before reporting.

Source%20Links.png

ColtOS Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source

Credits%20%26%20Thanks.png

We would like to give thanks to everyone that contributes to the Android community, big or small because every bit counts. Although we can't list each and every contributor within the Android community, we would like to highlight some of the teams and individuals that have made it possible NOT only with just this version of COLT but throughout the years because we don't ever want to forget where we came from nor those that have helped us!

That said, ColtOS team would like to thank to....

* LineageOS / Cyanogenmod
    * Project-Xtended
    * EvolutionX
    * OmniROM
    * Nitrogen OS
    * AICP
    * crDroid
    * DirtyUnicorns
    * Bliss Roms
    * BootLeggers
    * AOSP Extended ROM
    * DerpFest
    * Project-404
    * DotOS
    * CorvusOS

**If we have left someone or some team, we apologize and please PM us. We would be very happy to include your name as well.**

Notes%20From%20Dev.png

Download.
    -Latest Unofficial build (ColtOS 7.4 Android 11)-
    ColtOS-11.0-v7.4.Tipsy-mondrianwifi-Unofficial-20211011-0116.zip
    MD5: 9a8556a529ef9121e3f051f51410cd60
    Please read release notes.

-Previous unoffical versions-
    ColtOS 7.x (Android11)
    -Previous official versions-
    ColtOS 6.5 (Android10)

-Known Issues-

1. Miracast not working (Chromecast/Cast works) (Fixed)
    2. Selinux Permissive (Enforcing)
    3. Safetynet not passing (Passes with Magisk Hide enabled)
    4. Initial boot may be laggy for a few hours while Android Optimizes
    5. Some settings may cause a systemui restart and should only happen once.
    6. -Official TWRP doesn't support OTA, if you use updater, when the updater reboots manually select the update located in /data/colt_updates/ flash the file and reboot.

I would like to personally thank:
    @ Valera1978 , @phoval : For device trees, thanks for keeping the SM-T320 going!, this rom would not be possible without them.

XDA:DevDB Information

ColtOS for SMT320 (Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
    otyg
    ROM OS Version: Android 11

Version Information
    Beta
    ColtOS-v6.3 is live.
    ColtOS-v6.3-mondrianwifi-20200805-Official.zip

Important For OTA:

if you download and flash this through the Colt OTA updater our twrp does not support automatic OTA upgrading, you will have to manually select the update located under /data/colt_updates/ and flash, reboot.
    OTA will function normally from version 6.3+, versions 6.2 and below might show update blocked in this case just manually download and flash the update.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (mondrianwifi)
    Device maintainer: Gigabyte

------------Source Changelog.--------------

ColtOS Enigma - 05-Aug-2020 Update:
    * Bump version to v6.3
    * Merged August Security Patch (r41)
    * Added new cool animations for Settings submenu
    * Added QP Gallery
    * Added support for per app network isolation
    * Added screenshot sound - to - ringer modes adaption
    * Added A2DP codec priority selection
    * Added switch to select SBC HD by default
    * Added Wired/BT headset ringtone audio focus customisation
    * Added VoWiFi icon toggle
    * Added music heads up on new tracks
    * Added button for freeform window
    * Added toggle for iOS like clipboard toast notifications
    * Added few OnePlus lockscreen clock styles
    * Added ColtOS lockscreen clock
    * Added new fonts
    * Added randomize colors to dashboard icons
    * Added randomize colors to Battery meter view
    * Fixed call-recording
    * Fixed power menu icon colors
    * Fixed Battery stats resetting after reboot
    * Improved volume panel
    * Improved AOD Tile
    * Updated all AOSP apps
    * Re-aligned About Us and ColtCenter with new animation
    * Disabled few logging
    * Enable zygote preforking (USAP pool) by default
    * Further improvements and fixes...
    - You can view complete changes on our git
    - Stay Home & Enjoy Flashing!

------------Device Changelog.--------------
    *System:
    -Automatic AOD brightness.
    -Further reduce debug data.
    -Increase Internal Speaker audio volume.
    -Set zram compression to LZO.
    -Reduce zram size to 25%.
    -Set extra_free_kbytes to tell the VM to keep an extra amount of memory free.
    -Adjust lmk parameters.
    -Performance tweaks.
    *Miscellaneous Changes:
    -Update symlinks - thanks @notGarrison,@Valera1978
    Note:
    -Clean Flash is highly recommended.
    I am getting the next update ready (probably sometime in july 5~10) , let me know if you have any suggestions to improve this rom.

Upcoming fixes
    1. wireless display audio issue is completely fixed. (tablet will be muted, sound will output on tv only)
    2. minimized debug info and include the art release runtime.
    3. rom is official .
    4. OTA updates, however it would seem our official twrp doesn't support OTA, it just reboots to recovery and doesn't install the zip .....
    Note: I can include OTA support but when it reboots to recovery you would have to manually select the update from /data/colt_updates/ and install it... this is a TWRP bug not my fault.

What do you think about OTA,? also I am looking for feedback on the microphone changes, did it fix the issues / make it worse or improve at all?
    New build up, lots of fixes.
    ColtOS-v6.1-mondrianwifi-20200616-Unofficial.zip
    MD5: b4c2b5fa4bb31977b127dca20c02254c
    06/16/2020
    Device Tree Fix-ups
    Miracast is partially fixed, I am still trying to fix the audio issue, but for now it can cast to tv, if you need to mute the audio I suggest plugging in headphones turning volume up then connect to a miracast device and audio should be output on tv where you can adjust volume levels.
    Microphone(s) should be improved, let me know if they are too loud or still not working properly .
    Smart Charging is partially working but I only included this as a test, it will turn off charger at full trigger level (this prevents battery from constantly trickle charging or if the battery has problems reaching 100 we can stop it at 80% for example, the main issue is when the battery depletes past the preset low trigger it's supposed to charge back to the full trigger for proper behavior, our device is broken in this respect, so I disabled the low trigger in this build, so just be aware once the charging is stopped it will run on battery until the device shutdowns / reboots or is re-plugged in...(*only if smart charging is enabled)
    AOD - Fixed, I set it to the lowest brightness. (this device has a power hungry LCD), Supported modes: Always On, Charging Only & New Notifications).
    Fixed button mapping, it was showing a non existent 'menu' key, now it has been properly mapped to the recent/overview key.
    Fixed notification permission access, "this feature is not available on this device ",
    Fixed draw over other apps permission.
    Fixed other permission popup dialogs.
    Fixed Split-Screen Note: (you need to map the split-screen action to a button first, this can be done under "Settings -> ColtEnigma -> Buttons -> Buttons -> (select a button's long press or double tap action), Custom Action -> Split-Screen."), or under the recent switcher press the middle app icon and select 'Split-Screen'.
    Removed Notification LED settings since our device doesn't have a notification LED.
    Many more fixes, it should be a lot more smooth and responsive now.

Clean flash is recommended but you can try dirty.

Edit:
    I fixed the Wireless Display Audio issue
    Speaker volume really low on 7/14 build for me.

Thanks for the report, I will fix it in the next update, or if you have root / twrp access with attached file you can replace the file under /system/vendor/etc/mixer_paths.xml to restore the volume levels.