• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][crDroidAndroid-11.0][v7.9][dragon] -> 2021-08-10

Search This thread

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210810-dragon-v7.9.zip

Features:

https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:
  • 1. Boot into TWRP
    2. Wipe SYSTEM and DATA partitions ! (If you are encrypted, pls format DATA partition !)
    3. Install ROM.zip
    4. install gapps (arm64)
    5. install Magisk.zip (20.x+)
    6. Wipe CACHE and DAVLIK
    7. Reboot into system

Update installation:
  • 1. Boot into TWRP
    2. Install ROM.zip
    3. Wipe CACHE and DAVLIK
    4. Reboot into system

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Kernel: kernel url
Manifest: manifest url

Download:
https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=289293
https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...oaU1iazg?resourcekey=0-4krcBcSF3tnMFvgcP4kMvw

Known issues:
- Encryption has not been tested .. pls do not encrypt your data partition now.
- SELinux - we are still permissive !
- Our "old" Nivida codecs do have problems playing videos in Chrome browser.
- As it looks like Widevine L1 has been revoked by end of August 2020.
- MAC address is fixed and device specific MAC will be ignored.

- The ROM does contain it's own vendor.img ! (If you go back to Oreo, pls reinstall stock vendor.img)

There will be no regular updates .. just some builds from time to time !

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
crDroid <device> Telegram
crDroid Community Telegram
Donate to help our team pay server costs

Enjoy :p

Last edited:

Lostprophet85

Apr 17, 2018
The last crDroid build for the next time ..

First of all, thank you so much for all your work man, I just saw that you not only maintain official LOS for dragon and this crDroid port but also commit to official TWRP. I don't know how you do all this, but I admire and applaud it.

Two quick questions:
1. GApps are optional, right?
2. Do I flash Magisk after first boot (as described in OP under "Pre-Installation") or right after ROM (as described in OP under "First time installation")?

Edit:
Ok, I just couldn't wait and flashed it. To answer my own questions:
GApps are indeed optional and I flashed Magisk only after booting crDroid for the first time.

@ followmsi
So far I encountered the following problems:
1. A lot of artifacts/flickering/flashing of the UI, looks like refreshes/repaints that get stuck half-way. Sometimes it is impossible to e.g. use the keyboard because of this. If you want I can provide photos, but it should be pretty easy and obvious to reproduce this unless there is something seriously wrong with my installation.
2. Booting into crDroid only works every other time or so, it often freezes on the large Google logo screen. Holding the power button until it shuts off mostly fixes the problem and it boots successfully on the next try, but sometimes even a third try is needed.

Apart from these problems, first impression is very good. Nice to see Android 10 with lots of customization on the good old dragon :)

Thanks again and let me know if I can be of assistance.

Last edited:
Reactions: followmsi

12paq

One more build ..

crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200424-dragon-v6.5.zip

Changes:
- Google security updates -> April 2020 (android-10.0.0_r33)
- Turned off SoftAP MAC randomization
- Reverted Kernel MAC address hack -> to prevent boot problems.
- Changed kernel config for USB tethering
- Kernel: Added "fix cpu frequency limitation"
- Latest crDroid changes for Android 10

I've been using this since your first test build. One of the better roms out there.
Considering your lack of time with your busy schedule, I really appreciate it!
Thanks! ??

12paq

A few months later ..

crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200811-dragon-v6.9.zip

Changes:
- Google security updates -> August 2020 (android-10.0.0_r41)
- Latest device and kernel changes for dragon.
- Latest crDroid changes for Android 10

I know you're quite busy and I expect nothing, so I really appreciate this!
Thank you! ??

Edit: Just an FYi, a dirty flash from CR 6.5 to 6.9 was buggy. Might need a clean flash.
Also, Magisk Canary didn't want to flash. Tried multiple methods. Not a big deal because Magisk betta worked just fine.
Everything is running well,
Thanks!

Last edited:

RichieXX

Jan 16, 2014
First of all, thank you for all your work . I have flashed crDroidAndroid-11.0-20201219-dragon-v7.1.zip and Nik gapps. After the display has switched itself off, it switches on again automatically after 5 seconds and so on. If I turn the display off using the button, it won't turn on again. Do I have any setting that causes this?

BlackPatrick

Apr 29, 2016
Google Nexus 4
Google Pixel C
Thank you @followmsi for your support of this ROM, as I much prefer it with all it's customization over basic LineageOS. It seems to run much better now than before as well. I think there were some RAM-related issues.
But I have run into a grave problem, as I have accidentally turned off WiFi and now the tablet has become unresponsive, as the UI seems to crash repeatedly. Only the status bar and lock screen symbol pop in and out. I tried to turn on WiFi by booting into TWRP and changing "wifi_on" to 1 in "/data/system/users/0/settings_global.xml" but it didn't work. The tablet runs warm and safe mode doesn't work either btw. Any idea?

Edit: I decided to perform a clean install, since it's been a while anyway and we've skipped a couple versions as well. Anyway, I initially tested to turn WiFi off and it worked fine, no crash. I proceed to set up my device somewhat, enable dark mode, change icon shape, go through all crDroid settings etc.; I turn off WiFi once more, from the quick-settings, and it happened again. I'm not sure what setting or customization exactly leads to this, but I guess I'll have to be very careful not to turn it off for now. If I can help troubleshoot this issue, let me know.

Edit2: I think I figured out what it is: Data usage (daily/monthly) in the quick settings. Gotta keep that turned off.

Last edited:

Lostprophet85

Apr 17, 2018
It's time for a new build ..

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210414-dragon-v7.5.zip

Changes:
- Google Security updates -> April 2021
- Latest device and kernel changes for dragon
- Backport of Wifi-Display (Miracast) for Android 11
- Latest crDroid changes for Android 11

Finally got around to flashing my beloved dragon again today, looking really good! No bugs or glitches so far, just a lot of customizable awesomeness :)
Once again thank you so much for your ongoing support for this ageing tablet, I would love to send the equivalent of a few coffees or beers yours way if you tell me how.

Lostprophet85

Apr 17, 2018
It's time for a new build ..

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210810-dragon-v7.9.zip

Changes:
- Google Security updates -> August 2021
- Latest device and kernel changes for dragon
- Backport of Wifi-Display (Miracast) for Android 11
- Latest crDroid changes for Android 11

As always, thank you so much for your ongoing support for the good old dragon!

Just a note in case anyone else stumbles upon this: I could not get this build to boot with OpenGapps and a clean install, tried three times including format data and everything. Then tried NikGapps and it worked like a charm.

ROM itself is awesome, no problems so far, reasonably fast considering the hardware and a lot of cool features.

Top Liked Posts