brought to you by the
/* * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software. * Same statement for XDA. */
/e/ is not just another ROM - it is a mobile ecosystem (ROM + online services) that:
- is open source
- is pro-privacy
- is compatible with most existing Android applications
- cares about usability
- is as far as possible freed from shackles by Google and OEMs
- already exists!
... so again and just to be clear: /e/ is not just a ROM, it is more a complete privacy ecosystem and consists of:
- an installable mobile operating system for smartphones, which is forked from Android and strongly “ungoogled”
- a set of sorted and improved default open source applications
- various online services that are linked to the mobile operating system, such as: a meta search engine for the web, drive (with synchronization), mail, calendar, notes, tasks.
- Based on the stable Lineage OS
- microG fully pre-installed with Signature Spoofing in restricted mode!
- All features described on the /e/ page: What is e
- All features and fixes of LineageOS
- My builds are all signed with a custom private key for best trust. This also means you have to factory reset when coming from another ROM!
- My builds come with full OTA update support
... you know that thing which informs you that a new update is there and where you just click to download + install
- You can LOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER - if you like
Build variants (UNOFFICIAL, CUSTOM)
- UNOFFICIAL builds:
- full OTA support
- no other differences to pure /e/. It is just an unofficial build (if you want to have it official test my builds and report also SUCCESS! this ROM is currently awaiting to get approved by /e/ for official builds)
- CUSTOM builds:
- 2 variants: rooted (magisk) or unrooted
- removed: the app "Apps" (see FAQ why)
- added: F-Droid, F-Droid priv ext, F-Droid additional repos (disabled by default), AuroraStore, Lawnchair-latest (taken from their TG group), PhoneSky (google play store - patched for microG), Magisk app when choosen the rooted variant
- patched with this safetynet patch (this will not bypass safetynet though)
- fully patched for AVB / dm-verity support - means you can lock your bootloader! (all builds since 3rd of Sep 2021) - yes even the rooted variant can run on locked bootloader!
- SHRP included (accepted by a locked bootloader) - means when you want to use a different recovery you have to flash / re-flash it after flashing / upgrading the ROM. Including this is needed to not brick devices running on locked bootloader.
- .. read all the details about locking your bootloader in this post
Keep in mind that this is brand new stuff so it may (still) contain unknown issues!
So back up regularly and frequently!
- none known (yet)
- If you find a bug not listed let me know and SHARE LOGS! -> READ FAQ#1 for how to provide proper logs.
- Latest TWRP or SHRP build (while I am testing with SHRP only)
- Do a full (i.e. not just TWRP/SHRP - as those do not backup your internal storage) backup before doing anything!
- Planning to lock your bootloader? Read this first
Planning to lock your bootloader?
- Read on here
- follow MSe1969's guide here
Quick guide (assuming you have TWRP/SHRP already):
- Full clean install as described here (FAQ #2). DO NOT REPORT ISSUES when you have skipped that step!
- Flash /e/
- Optional (if you want root): Flash Magisk
- Flashing OpenGapps ????? NO No no! you don't want that on a google-free phone! /e/ contains everything you need to live without Google! So flashing OpenGapps on /e/ is like using a bit more secure LOS but that's not the point of /e/. Either try without or go with LOS (imho).
- Boot it (will take a bit on first boot!!! be patient!)
- Enjoy the most easy way to have a privacy focused and google-free phone!
Get your builds from my leech server (new installs or re-installs)
https://leech.binbash.rocks:8008/e-os/a10/hotdog/ (planning to lock your bootloader? Read this first)
If you have a previous version of my(!) /e/ Q installed already and just want to update to a newer release:
Android settings -> Updater (yes my builds have built-in OTA support!)
- Builds are updated as soon as possible. There is no build cycle.
- Information pertaining to your device is displayed accordingly.
- The current build is the latest for your device.
- Join my Telegram groups (see "Support" topic)
Of course in this thread but also by Telegram. I have created a generic group for all stuff around Android : here
and another one if you want to keep up2date whenever I build something (TWRP, SHRP, LOS, /e/, ...): here
- MSe1969, wth.. you did an AWESOME job
- LineageOS (the base of /e/)
- The /e/ foundation and all related devs making this experience possible!
- and all I forgot (let me know if that's the case ofc) ..