brought to you by the
/* * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software. * Same statement for XDA. */
/e/ is not just another ROM - it is a mobile ecosystem (ROM + online services) that:
- is open source
- is pro-privacy
- is compatible with most existing Android applications
- cares about usability
- is as far as possible freed from shackles by Google and OEMs
- already exists!
... so again and just to be clear: /e/ is not just a ROM, it is more a complete privacy ecosystem and consists of:
- an installable mobile operating system for smartphones, which is forked from Android and strongly “ungoogled”
- a set of sorted and improved default open source applications
- various online services that are linked to the mobile operating system, such as: a meta search engine for the web, drive (with synchronization), mail, calendar, notes, tasks.
- Based on the stable Lineage OS
- microG fully pre-installed with Signature Spoofing in restricted mode!
- All features described on the /e/ page: What is e
- All features and fixes of LineageOS
- My builds are all signed with a custom private key for best trust. This also means you have to factory reset when coming from another ROM!
- My builds come with full OTA update support
... you know that thing which informs you that a new update is there and where you just click to download + install
Differences from pure /e/
- UNOFFICIAL builds: There are no differences. its pure /e/. just an unofficial build (if you want to have it official test my builds and report also SUCCESS! this ROM is currently awaiting to get approved by /e/ for official builds)
- CUSTOM builds:
- removed: Apps (see FAQ why)
- added: F-Droid, F-Droid priv ext, F-Droid additional repos (disabled by default), AuroraStore, Lawnchair-latest (taken from their TG group)
Keep in mind that this is brand new stuff so it may (still) contain unknown issues!
So back up regularly and frequently!
- none known (yet)
- If you find a bug not listed let me know and SHARE LOGS! -> READ FAQ#1 for how to provide proper logs.
- Latest TWRP or SHRP build (while I am testing with SHRP only)
- Do a full (i.e. not just TWRP/SHRP - as those do not backup your internal storage) backup before doing anything!
- follow MSe1969's guide here
Quick guide (assuming you have TWRP/SHRP already):
- Full clean install as described here (FAQ #2). DO NOT REPORT ISSUES when you have skipped that step!
- Flash /e/
- Optional (if you want root): Flash Magisk
- Flashing OpenGapps ????? NO No no! you don't want that on a google-free phone! /e/ contains everything you need to live without Google! So flashing OpenGapps on /e/ is like using a bit more secure LOS but that's not the point of /e/. Either try without or go with LOS (imho).
- Boot it (will take a bit on first boot!!! be patient!)
- Enjoy the most easy way to have a privacy focused and google-free phone!
Get your builds from my leech server (new installs or re-installs)
If you have a previous version of my(!) /e/ Q installed already and just want to update to a newer release:
Android settings -> Updater (yes my builds have built-in OTA support!)
- Builds are updated as soon as possible. There is no build cycle.
- Information pertaining to your device is displayed accordingly.
- The current build is the latest for your device.
- Join my Telegram groups (see "Support" topic)
Of course in this thread but also by Telegram. I have created a generic group for all stuff around Android : here
and another one if you want to keep up2date whenever I build something (TWRP, SHRP, LOS, /e/, ...): here
- MSe1969, wth.. you did an AWESOME job
- LineageOS (the base of /e/)
- The /e/ foundation and all related devs making this experience possible!
- and all I forgot (let me know if that's the case ofc) ..