[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10 for D605

Search This thread

Varcain

Nov 8, 2013
Wrocław
21.03.2014 RELEASE #4 UPDATE

Here is first ever CM for LG D605 (Optimus L9 II).
This is unofficial ROM and might have some serious faults, if this breaks your phone or they fire you from your job because alarm didn't start it will be your own fault since you have installed it. You have been warned!

The installation procedure was tested with unbranded phone (OPEN_EU variant). This might not work with branded ROM (but it would be good if someone check it).

Sources can be found at:
https://github.com/Varcain/android_kernel_lge_d605
https://github.com/Varcain/android_device_lge_d605

Things that don't work and won't be included in this ROM by default (possible enable by porting stock apps):
- FM radio
- IR port

Things that I already know that don't work at all or are bugged:
- NFC (no support at all yet)
- Manual service network selection (only auto supported right now)
- SIM card contact/SMS reading

For best battery life keep bluetooth off if you are not using it. It will keep constant wakelock if left on right now

NEWEST RELEASE #4
- Added USB tethering
- Added Bluetooth tethering
- Working move to sd-card function (but MTP on internal memory is disabled, external SD card is now mandatory)
- Vibration patterns tuning
- Correct WLAN and Bluetooth MAC addresses should be used now

CHANGES FROM RELEASE #3
- Fixed first call with no voice bug
- Fixed incoming call volumes

CHANGES FROM RELEASE #2
- Fixed voice call volume
- Fixed mute microphone option during calls

NEWEST ROM RELEASE #4:
d605_cm10_v4.zip - 164.61 MB
GAPPS:
http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Old releases:
release #3:
http://d-h.st/Zr4

How to install:
1. Flash CWM (from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50407619)
2. Download the ROM and gapps to sdcard
3. Boot to recovery
4. Wipe all userdata
5. Install CyanogenMod first then gapps
6. Reboot.

Now wait for CM to boot... (first boot will take longer as always).

For reporting bugs/problems:
- Send me logcat output (it would be good to have "logcat -b radio" output too if this is related to sim card/radio)
- Send me dmesg output
If you experience reboot (kernel panic most likely) then send me contents of /proc/last_kmsg (you have to copy this right after reboot, you can do it from terminal application if you don't have access to PC with adb at that time).

Last edited:

TaZRAge

Jun 16, 2006
WORKS!

great =) i already love it

one small problem: I've got no gapps!

from the adb shell inside /data/local/tmp I executed the cp -r command to install the gapps, which I unzipped to /storage/external_SD/Download

the shell did something, because it wrote: SD/Download/system/* mntpoint/

then I synced and rebooted to recovery which is my astonishing beautiful CM10 now =)
But: no gapps...
wanted to import my contacts from my googlemail

Varcain

Nov 8, 2013
Wrocław
WORKS!

great =) i already love it

one small problem: I've got no gapps!

from the adb shell inside /data/local/tmp I executed the cp -r command to install the gapps, which I unzipped to /storage/external_SD/Download

the shell did something, because it wrote: SD/Download/system/* mntpoint/

then I synced and rebooted to recovery which is my astonishing beautiful CM10 now =)
But: no gapps...
wanted to import my contacts from my googlemail

Check /system directory on the phone if files from gapps are really here, if they are try repeating steps (from stock ROM):

How to install:
Unzip contents, boot your phone to stock ROM, connect via USB with USB debugging mode on, install adb (if you don't have it yet), then adb push all unzipped files to /data/local/tmp (for example adb push ./system.tar /data/local/tmp). After that enter adb shell, issue "su" command and:
# cd /data/local/tmp
# chmod 777 clear_partitions.sh
# chmod 777 loki_flash
# chmod 777 system_update.sh
# mkdir mntpoint
# ./clear_partitions.sh
# ./loki_flash recovery rom.lok
# ./system_update.sh

After that locate your unzipped gapps and do the following (I assume gapps are unzipped directly in /storage/external_SD/Download
# cp -r /storage/external_SD/Download/system/* mntpoint/
# sync
# reboot recovery

I think this happened to me few times as well and I had to repeat installation process and then gapps were fine. I will investigate this issue because this is really strange. Alternatively you can do this (from running CM rom):

# su
# mount -o remount rw /system
# cp -r /storage/sdcard1/Download/system/ /
# sync
# reboot

I found that when doing installation steps without installing gapps at first and then installing them on a running system never fails (but I think this is technically worse solution to do so I still have to check this out).

Also there is some wakelock problem I have just noticed so the phone won't go into deep sleep as it should. Until I fix that beware of some battery drainage.

Last edited:

TaZRAge

Jun 16, 2006
Check /system directory on the phone if files from gapps are really here, if they are try repeating steps (from stock ROM):

I think this happened to me few times as well and I had to repeat installation process and then gapps were fine. I will investigate this issue because this is really strange. Alternatively you can do this (from running CM rom):

# su
# mount -o remount rw /system
# cp -r /storage/external_SD/Download/system/ /
# sync
# reboot

I found that when doing installation steps without installing gapps at first and then installing them on a running system never fails (but I think this is technically worse solution to do so I still have to check this out).

Also there is some wakelock problem I have just noticed so the phone won't go into deep sleep as it should. Until I fix that beware of some battery drainage.

Okay.

Will try that.

Also: I cannot connect via USB debug, my computer always sais: no driver found.
The original LG driver seems not to work with the Custom ROM.

The workaround to install the gapps from external SD, from shell in CM10, doesn't work either, directory not found. seems it does not mount the SD card correctly.

booting to stock ROM now and working hard ;)

Varcain

Nov 8, 2013
Wrocław
Okay.

Will try that.

Also: I cannot connect via USB debug, my computer always sais: no driver found.
The original LG driver seems not to work with the Custom ROM.

The workaround to install the gapps from external SD, from shell in CM10, doesn't work either, directory not found. seems it does not mount the SD card correctly.

booting to stock ROM now and working hard ;)

I made a typo, try /storage/sdcard1 instead of /storage/external_SD.

Reactions: UserXP_

TaZRAge

Jun 16, 2006
Well... It did something...

i can manualy get to the .apk files of the gapps. at least it mounted the sdcard1 correctly.
But when i do:

the shell gets "occupied" for a minute or two and when i get # again i do sync and reboot recovery
After the reboot i still can't find the gapps...
And since i cannot get on CM10 via ADB Shell on my computer i cannot push the files where i need them...

gona reinstall everything i think

Varcain

Nov 8, 2013
Wrocław
Well... It did something...

i can manualy get to the .apk files of the gapps. at least it mounted the sdcard1 correctly.
But when i do:

the shell gets "occupied" for a minute or two and when i get # again i do sync and reboot recovery
After the reboot i still can't find the gapps...
And since i cannot get on CM10 via ADB Shell on my computer i cannot push the files where i need them...

gona reinstall everything i think

I run on a linux machine so ADB works for me, don't know about windows drivers. I will check it later.

TaZRAge

Jun 16, 2006
I run on a linux machine so ADB works for me, don't know about windows drivers. I will check it later.

reinstalled everything

maybe I gona set up a dualboot on my PC too =)

made 2 screenshots from my adb shell with wel.... rare behaviour ;)

but now it worked!

i have Gapps

Attachments

• adb.png
    adb.png
    57 KB · Views: 986
  • adb2.png
    adb2.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 807

Varcain

Nov 8, 2013
Wrocław
Not rare behavior at all! You forgot Download directory in first screenshot and in second one it looks fine to me.

Last edited:

TaZRAge

Jun 16, 2006
Not rare behavior at all! You forgot Download directory in first screenshot and in second it looks fine to me.

*headpalm* no wonder it did not work :p

Well whatever.... that is one fine port =)
I am only missing my apps i installed via the amazon appmarket =D
And since its not really a ROM for daily use i will not install everything i have in my stock ROM ;)

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Just use the ROM like you normally would, compare with stock and if you find some anomalies report it in my ROM's thread, I will add them to bug list and hopefully fix in next release.

you can save logs to sd card and then load them from PC connection (I turned off MTP setting by default so it wont be detected as MTP device for file transfers, you need to turn it on in settings>storage>press menu> select MTP).
To do this from console app in phone:
logcat -d > /storage/sdcard1/logcat.txt
logcat -d -b radio > /storage/sdcard1/logcatradio.txt
dmesg > /storage/sdcard1/dmesg.txt
cat /proc/last_kmsg > /storage/sdcard1/lastkmsg.txt

This should be in here too!

And by the way, after activating MTP in the ROM i can use adb shell at my computer again!

Varcain

Nov 8, 2013
Wrocław
Regarding camera crashes:

It was very annoying to me too and I found out some things about it (sadly I can't 100% fix it, at least not in CM 10 because a lot of camera stuff is closed source and CM camera app might not be very compatible).

Anyways what I know about the problem:
It happens when you try to make picture with rear camera and the image you are trying to make is dark.

Current solution:
Switch ISO from Auto to Auto (HJR) in camera options (these three little squares). Pictures will be darker in this mode so you will have to use flash. You can switch back from Auto (HJR) to Auto for bright scenery. You can increase exposure by 1 or 2 to balance this. In Auto (HJR) you shouldn't experience any crashes even with dark scenery.

TaZRAge

Jun 16, 2006
Found something that irritates me:

On stock i had up to 7 homescreens, that could be reduced to a maximum that i need.
On the CM i have 5 and I can't find a option to reduce them.
Taping the homebutton twice does not work, "pinching" the screen neither.
Am i so "stockROMdamaged" that i cannot even find a way to reduce home screens???

Varcain

Nov 8, 2013
Wrocław
Found something that irritates me:

On stock i had up to 7 homescreens, that could be reduced to a maximum that i need.
On the CM i have 5 and I can't find a option to reduce them.
Taping the homebutton twice does not work, "pinching" the screen neither.
Am i so "stockROMdamaged" that i cannot even find a way to reduce home screens???

Settings>Launcher>Homescreen>Homescreens

TaZRAge

Jun 16, 2006

Thanks again ;)

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Regarding camera crashes:

It was very annoying to me too and I found out some things about it (sadly I can't 100% fix it, at least not in CM 10 because a lot of camera stuff is closed source and CM camera app might not be very compatible).

Anyways what I know about the problem:
It happens when you try to make picture with rear camera and the image you are trying to make is dark.

Current solution:
Switch ISO from Auto to Auto (HJR) in camera options (these three little squares). Pictures will be darker in this mode so you will have to use flash. You can switch back from Auto (HJR) to Auto for bright scenery. You can increase exposure by 1 or 2 to balance this. In Auto (HJR) you shouldn't experience any crashes even with dark scenery.

Works this way!

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

I connected my BT stereoheadset to listen to some music that doesn't sound like coming out a can....

Music via BT is no fun with this right now ;)

I'm sitting next to my phone and the music comes interruptedly and sometimes with crackling sounds.
Gets even worse when i begin to experiment with the equalizer.
Next song comes flawless.... Ah display got disabled.
Screen back working and interruptions are back.
Controlls work perfect as i am used to (volume up + down + start/stop + next song + previous song do what they are supposed to do).

BT Speed to slow?

Disabled GPS now its better again.

Varcain

Nov 8, 2013
Wrocław
Does this happen with stock ROM and/or other headset? I tested bluetooth audio profile and there were no problems for me. Maybe you were in radio-noisy environment.

TaZRAge

Jun 16, 2006
Does this happen with stock ROM and/or other headset? I tested bluetooth audio profile and there were no problems for me. Maybe you were in radio-noisy environment.

I tested it with stock many times before. Without problems like these.
And its sure I am in a radio-noisy environment. Around here are 4 wifi nets and the one i am in has 3 repeaters.
I had BT disabled on my computer during the test.

I will test it with a cable headset today, I don't have another BT headset.

Yet i had no other problems, bugs or errors!

UserXP_

Jul 8, 2011
Just install it!

First impression is VERY GOOD!
I think is faster than stock rom.

Minor problems with installation.
GApps works ok.
Known problem with camera.
Play some games, all run ok and FAST.
I think battery goes faster.
Install some themes, minor problems.
Basic Bluetooth ok.

That's all for now. I will play more later.

Thanks a lot Varcain! ;) :victory:

Varcain

Nov 8, 2013
Wrocław
I will upload new build in a moment and update the OP with it. There is major bug in first alpha release which causes constant wakelock (so the phone never goes into deep sleep). I managed to debug and fix it, please install new version.

Reactions: TaZRAge and UserXP_

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    21.03.2014 RELEASE #4 UPDATE

Here is first ever CM for LG D605 (Optimus L9 II).
    This is unofficial ROM and might have some serious faults, if this breaks your phone or they fire you from your job because alarm didn't start it will be your own fault since you have installed it. You have been warned!

The installation procedure was tested with unbranded phone (OPEN_EU variant). This might not work with branded ROM (but it would be good if someone check it).

Sources can be found at:
    https://github.com/Varcain/android_kernel_lge_d605
    https://github.com/Varcain/android_device_lge_d605

Things that don't work and won't be included in this ROM by default (possible enable by porting stock apps):
    - FM radio
    - IR port

Things that I already know that don't work at all or are bugged:
    - NFC (no support at all yet)
    - Manual service network selection (only auto supported right now)
    - SIM card contact/SMS reading

For best battery life keep bluetooth off if you are not using it. It will keep constant wakelock if left on right now

NEWEST RELEASE #4
    - Added USB tethering
    - Added Bluetooth tethering
    - Working move to sd-card function (but MTP on internal memory is disabled, external SD card is now mandatory)
    - Vibration patterns tuning
    - Correct WLAN and Bluetooth MAC addresses should be used now

CHANGES FROM RELEASE #3
    - Fixed first call with no voice bug
    - Fixed incoming call volumes

CHANGES FROM RELEASE #2
    - Fixed voice call volume
    - Fixed mute microphone option during calls

NEWEST ROM RELEASE #4:
    d605_cm10_v4.zip - 164.61 MB
    GAPPS:
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Old releases:
    release #3:
    http://d-h.st/Zr4

How to install:
    1. Flash CWM (from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50407619)
    2. Download the ROM and gapps to sdcard
    3. Boot to recovery
    4. Wipe all userdata
    5. Install CyanogenMod first then gapps
    6. Reboot.

Now wait for CM to boot... (first boot will take longer as always).

For reporting bugs/problems:
    - Send me logcat output (it would be good to have "logcat -b radio" output too if this is related to sim card/radio)
    - Send me dmesg output
    If you experience reboot (kernel panic most likely) then send me contents of /proc/last_kmsg (you have to copy this right after reboot, you can do it from terminal application if you don't have access to PC with adb at that time).
    They have released the KK kernel today. I will begin work on cm11 soon.

Sent from my LG-D605 using Tapatalk
    In progress :)

Sent from my LG-D605 using Tapatalk
    New release is coming today.

What's new:
    - USB tethering
    - BT tethering
    - Correct MAC addresses for WiFi and BT
    - I disabled internal SD card MTP partition. Thanks to that "move to sd card" option will be enabled and more precious internal memory will be saved. However this means you won't be able to store anything without SD card inserted. If you don't have any sd card (or your sd card is small capacity one, e.g. less than 4GB) then don't install this release.
    - I also updated vibration patterns for built-in keyboard and virtual keys (e.g. return, home, menu).

I will try building this one with recent Linaro toolchain (if it will work then with GCC 4.8). We will see if we will get performance boost.

EDIT:

V4 is up, have fun!
    Some update on my work/progress below
    This is what you can expect in next release:
    - USB tethering
    - Bluetooth tethering
    - Currently WiFi and Bluetooth MAC addresses are fakes. This might cause problems, most notably BT tethering didn't work because of that. I found out how to obtain proper MAC addresses and this will be fixed in newest release.

Stuff that might be included in next release but I don't promise it( even if I include it it won't be tested since I don't have equipment to do it):
    - NFC

Stuff that I'd like to get done before I move on to porting CM 10.1:
    - SIM card contacts/smses
    - Manual service operator selection
    - Bluetooth wakelocks problem fix

That means the beginning of CM 10.1 development is close.