Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt

Code:
#include
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 * DO NOT LEECH MY DOWNLOADS, PLEASE RE-DIRECT YOUR FORUM /PAGE
 * TO THIS THREAD, IF YOU LIKE MY WORK, YOU CAN SAY THANKS,
 * AND MAYBE BUY ME SOME BEERS
 */

Hello Guys !

In this thread you will find my CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) Rom for the Wiko DarkMoon (Mediatek MT6582 SoC), and clones.
Please be sure to read (and re-read) carefully, to avoid unnecessary questions.

This is an Unofficial Source Build, so it will NOT be supported by the CyanogenMod Team

It also work without any issues on the clones:
  • - Micromax a200 Canvas turbo Mini
  • - BLU Life Play S
  • - Myphone Agua Iceberg Slim
  • - QMobile Noir A910

CyanogenMod 12.1 Status:

Working:

• - RIL: Telephony (Calls / etc) (2G and 3G) (In Both SIMs)
  • - ART
  • - Sensors
  • - LED's
  • - Rear Camera ( pictures )
  • - Front Camera ( pictures )
  • - FlashLight
  • - Sound
  • - Bluetooth
  • - Wifi
  • - Microphone (For Calls and in some apps)
  • - Data connection
  • - CyanogenMod related features (Theme Manager, etc ... )
  • - GPS and aGPS

Not Working / Needs Improvements :

• - Camcorder ( WorkAround: use 3rd party video recording apps from Play Store)
  • - USSD codes. only works in some Providers

Single / Dual SIM Behavior :

On Dual-SIM (when using both SIM slots) :
  • 3G Will be forced to Slot 2 (Depending on your SIM Provider)
  • Data connection will only properly work on Slot 2 (Depending on your SIM Provider)

On Single-SIM (when using only one SIM slot) :
  • You can toggle between 2G / 3G just fine
  • Data connection will work just fine

Also when in Single-SIM and to avoid bugs with Data connection
Change this line in build.prop (/system):
Code:
persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds
to
Code:
[B]#[/B]persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds

Flash Instructions:
  • Backup, Backup, Backup ...
  • You need to be on the Unofficial KitKat Base (due to the new KK partitions)
  • Put the cm-12.1-xxxxxxxx-UNOFFICIAL-darkmoon.zip on external SDCard
  • Flash the new CWM Recovery 6.0.5.1 (This is no touch recovery), you can flash with flashify app, or by SPFlashTools.
  • Full Wipes
  • Flash Rom
  • Flash minimal GAPPS 5.1
  • Enjoy

GPL Compliance:
Kernel: https://github.com/dragonpt/Kernel_3.4.67_KK_Wiko_DarkMoon
Device: https://github.com/dragonpt/android_device_wiko_darkmoon
Vendor : https://github.com/dragonpt/android_vendor_wiko_darkmoon

Credits:

• CyanogenMod Team
  • OMNI Team (specially XpLoDWilD and Dr-Shadow)
  • chrmhoffmann
  • fire855
  • ariafan
  • axet
  • Santhosh M
  • moonrotation--> Al3XKOoL
  • DerTeufel1980

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1 [5.1.1] Wiko DarkMoon [MT6582], ROM for the Android General

Contributors
superdragonpt
Source Code: https://github.com/dragonpt/

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Newest CWM
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 2.0
Beta Release Date: 2015-06-29

Created 2015-06-27
Last Updated 2015-08-22

Attachments

Last edited:

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
Changelogs

Beta 5 (August 10 2015)
  • FIX: GPS and aGPS ( @DerTeufel1980 , thanks for the help)
  • Minor issues adressed

Beta 4 (July 17 2015)
  • Sync with CM
  • Fix: Camera problems on latest 5.1.1 source
  • Fix: Calls problems on latest 5.1.1 source
  • Small other tweeks

Beta 3 (July 12 2015)

• Sync with CM (and fixed the sources)
  • Now on the latest Google's android LMY48G (now at 5.1.1_r6)
(Changelog is Huge, please check CyanogenMod full changelog on their site or gerrit )

• Removed some pre-compiled vendor .blobs, we don't need them now.
  • Fix: Some telephony issues

Beta 2 (July 05 2015)
(Built on 29 June 2015)

• Sync With CM (29/June)
  • FIX: WiFi (New LP WPA_supplicant, etc)
  • ADD: External SDCard RW Permissions
  • Other small issues addressed

Beta 1 (June 27 2015)

First Open release
Sync with Latest CM source

Beta 0.01 (June 22 2015)
Open Beta for testers

Alpha Builds (xxx -> June 21 2015)
Internal Builds

Downloads:
Are on XDA dev-DB (The "Download" TAB)

If you are in TapaTalk, or can't see the page Tabs press here:

Alternative Downloads:

New TWRP For CyanogenMod / Lollipop
--> Flash from your current recovery
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347767497

5.1 Gapps

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347772344

Last edited:

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
F.A.Q

Q: Is this Rom rooted?
A: Yes, this is CyanogenMod
--> Enable Dev. Options by tapping 7 times on Build Number > Enable root there

Q: I can't flash this Rom on recovery, why?
A: You need to update your recovery in order to flash this CM Builds , check under the Download Section

Q: Is this ROM Multi-Language ?
A: Yes ...

Q: How can i change the Kernel Settings (Governors/ etc) ?
A: CyanogenMod haves this features in-built under Settings> Performance
--> there you can change Governors / IO's , etc

Q: Where are the Developer Options?
A: Go to Settings>About Phone, and tap 7 times on the Build Number

Q: Where's the FM Radio?
A: CM doesn't support FM Radio, for MTK's , im working on it

Q: I cant Sync with Google (contacts, etc), why?
A: Just make sure, gps is OFF and reboot, it'll work now

Q: Is Xposed Framework and his modules compatible with CM 12.1 ?
A: Xposed for Lollipop 5.1 is still W.I.P, test it yourself, with precaution...

Q: Can i revert to stock ROM after ?
A: Sure you can! You just need to flash the Stock Wiko JellyBean 4.2 ROM via SPFlashtools. Or just download the wiko software tool from their site.

Q: Can i revert to your Unofficial KitKat ROM after ?
A: Sure, just revert to the older recovery, and flash the unofficial kitkat Rom

Q: I Love your work, how can i thank you?
A: You can press the "Thanks" button, and if you wish, you can pay me an beer(s) :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

Goncalo29

May 10, 2014
Excelent work, thank you :D

Doesn't memorise my wifi network. Can anyone confirm?

Also, how do we move apps to sd card?

Last edited:

halogenn

Mar 29, 2015
Downloading it now. Okay wait so if i want to flash back to kk i need to be on stock wiko first? U mean i cant just flash unofficial kk from cm12?

angelobap96

Jan 30, 2015
Aveiro
Good work !!

Good custom rom it's working but it's having problems with sync google account. It's maybe because the Gapps?. And the battery is quickly discharge

I'm sorry if my english is incorrect because I don't speak english fluent

Thanks for your work :highfive:

Reactions: wuhesheng

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
Good custom rom it's working but it's having problems with sync google account. It's maybe because the Gapps?. And the battery is quickly discharge

I'm sorry if my english is incorrect because I don't speak english fluent

Thanks for your work :highfive:

hi

from the FAQ:

Q: I cant Sync with Google (contacts, etc), why?
A: Just make sure, gps is OFF and reboot, it'll work now

cheers

halogenn

Mar 29, 2015
superdragonpt, this is the rom that you will be remembered for. Excellent job. This is not a port, its a creation! You just made a kernel out of scratch just so you can bring lollipop to our devices so I thank you for that. While we both know that the rom is far from perfect, i hope you will continue to bring us updates and bug fixes. Wish you all the best superdragonpt!

Reactions: jack42reg

Akash sky

Jun 2, 2013
Delhi
@snapdragonpt i am again facing camera bug....front camera blackish at edges.....quality is not upto mark.....though i didnt face that dual sim problem ...i can easily use 3g on slot 1.....viasuals are good.....performance is good.....but no contact display option for sim....and everytime sim blocked,....minor bugs u can fix....thas all i found ..hope it will help you for a stable version

Reactions: TheBlakMamba

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
Hi

Yes, you guys should understand that everything concerning CyanogenMod + Mediatek it's all WIP (Work in Progress)
CM doesn't support Mediatek SoC's (Android ONE, it's an all different story ...)

Plus, everything developed for this device is all WIP, since we never ever got any source .

- The KitKat Rom is unofficial, and made from scratch ...
- The CyanogenMod 11 & 12.1 also.

There's minor issues (since my unofficial KK) that are related with my kernel (cameras needing manual compensation, etc )
Regarding cameras: that's the best i was abled to do without any kind of sourcecode, i had to write our own drivers...
If you manually adjust the exposure / whites, it takes good pictures, but don't expect it to be like in the (very old) JellyBean 4.2.2 (stock) Rom.

Ontopic:

WIFI is fixed ;)
Trying to fix some other small issues

cheers

Last edited:

halogenn

Mar 29, 2015
Hi

Yes, you guys should understand that everything concerning CyanogenMod + Mediatek it's all WIP (Work in Progress)
CM doesn't support Mediatek SoC's (Android ONE, it's an all different story ...)

Ontopic:

WIFI is fixed ;)

cheers
We understand superdragonpt and we are willing to wait, i just hope you will not desert this project until atleast most of the bugs are fixed. I can list you all the bugs that i have found if it will make your job easier.

BUGS:
1. Yes, the blueish tint. While it is adjustable on KK and CM11, CM12.1 tells it different, we dont have the white balance option on our default camera app. Im certain using third party or post editing the image will fix it though.

2. No move apps to SD. This is common on almost ALL lollipop roms so no surprises there, we just link our apps with Link2SD.

3. We have some dangerous bug concerning brightness. Turn Adaptive Display on (auto brightness) and then manually turn down the brighness and u get a pitch black screen. Dangerous if you dont know the position of the slider.
Alternatively if u turn Adaptive Display off and turn Battery Saver on, you will get a pitch black screen if you turn the brightness to its minimum.

4. LED notifications, yes they light up but they stay lit. If u get a low battery youre supposed to get a blinking red, but with this bug u get a continuous red light. Same with texts but with an endless green. Im sure third party apps can do something regarding this.

5. Heads up notifications does not work with every app. Turning it off did not fix it either. The only heads up notif i get is from facebook and calls, but it wont give u heads up for text messages or games.

6. There is a youtube bug. This one im not sure if its an isolated problem. If you are watching videos sometimes it will stop and refuse to play unless you click on a new video and click back to the one you were watching.

Other than that, this rom is great! It is not as stable as your KK 4.4.2 which is my personal favorite I must say. But bringing lollipop to the table is good enough already so kudos to you. Thank you superdragonpt.

Last edited:

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
We understand superdragonpt and we are willing to wait, i just hope you will not desert this project until atleast most of the bugs are fixed. I can list you all the bugs that i have found if it will make your job easier.

BUGS:
1. Yes, the blueish tint. While it is adjustable on KK and CM11, CM12.1 tells it different, we dont have the white balance option on our default camera app. Im certain using third party or post editing the image will fix it though.

2. No move apps to SD. This is common on almost ALL lollipop roms so no surprises there, we just link our apps with Link2SD.

3. We have some dangerous bug concerning brightness. Turn Adaptive Display on (auto brightness) and then manually turn down the brighness and u get a pitch black screen. Dangerous if you dont know the position of the slider.
Alternatively if u turn Adaptive Display off and turn Battery Saver on, you will get a pitch black screen if you turn the brightness to its minimum.

4. LED notifications, yes they light up but they stay lit. If u get a low battery youre supposed to get a blinking red, but with this bug u get a continuous red light. Same with texts but with an endless green. Im sure third party apps can do something regarding this.

5. Heads up notifications does not work with every app. Turning it off did not fix it either. The only heads up notif i get is from facebook and calls, but it wont give u heads up for text messages or games.

6. There is a youtube bug. This one im not sure if its an isolated problem. If you are watching videos sometimes it will stop and refuse to play unless you click on a new video and click back to the one you were watching.

Other than that, this rom is great! It is not as stable as your KK 4.4.2 which is my personal favorite I must say. But bringing lollipop to the table is good enough already so kudos to you. Thank you superdragonpt.

Hi
~
Thanks for the bug list, it really helps, since im wasting most of my time compiling and check issues.

1: The new CyanogenMod 12.1 camera lacks some settings, so, yes, you can't adjust camera settings just like in KK.
--> Workaround, use another camera app from the Play Store
--> Same goes for recording videos ( there's an Play store link on first page for a camera app, that works great for recording videos ...

2: There's nothing i can do regarding this

3: Adaptive Display : Yes it needs some re-calibration

4: Led: It works but doesn't blink (minor bug )

5: Seems to be an problem with CM release

6: Should be fixed on next release

Thanks for the feedback

cheers

Akash sky

Jun 2, 2013
Delhi
Hi

Plus, everything developed for this device is all WIP, since we never ever got any source .

- The KitKat Rom is unofficial, and made from scratch ...
- The CyanogenMod 11 & 12.1 also.

There's minor issues (since my unofficial KK) that are related with my kernel (cameras needing manual compensation, etc )
Regarding cameras: that's the best i was abled to do without any kind of sourcecode, i had to write our own drivers...
If you manually adjust the exposure / whites, it takes good pictures, but don't expect it to be like in the (very old) JellyBean 4.2.2 (stock) Rom.

Ontopic:

WIFI is fixed ;)

cheers
so there is no way to fix camera :( you said only on some devices :( some are working ? you tried to replace modules from jb ? should i try ? but i cant coz i have this device as my daily driver........ i know whatever u r doing is just great n i appreciate you...in fact we all do !
As i know micromax a120 have same specs even unite 2 have same chipset, can you try using unite 2 lollipop module ? i think someone should try if you have this device as a spare device !

Sent from my Micromax A200 using XDA Free mobile app

halogenn

Mar 29, 2015
so there is no way to fix camera :( you said only on some devices :( some are working ? you tried to replace modules from jb ? should i try ? but i cant coz i have this device as my daily driver........ i know whatever u r doing is just great n i appreciate you...in fact we all do !
As i know micromax a120 have same specs even unite 2 have same chipset, can you try using unite 2 lollipop module ? i think someone should try if you have this device as a spare device !

Sent from my Micromax A200 using XDA Free mobile app
It wont work because micromax a120 has a different kernel despite having identical specs. Flashing it would result in a brick.

Is there any way to move apps to external sd? I always get an error with link2sd, and my internal memory is already full :(
Yes moving apps to sd doesnt work because our "external sd" is just emulated from internal sd. Which means our external and internal is just one. I dont know, i think thats just how lollipop works. Link2sd does work fine for me. Im using the free one from play store because if you try to use a cracked link2sd pro ull have a "Package invalid" error.

Reactions: Goncalo29
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone