• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1 Built From Official Source Code [12-09-2015]

Search This thread

jbw716

Aug 31, 2014
Hammond
This is a build of CyanogenMod 12.1 for the OnePlus 2.
This ROM is built directly from the CyanogenMod source code with absolutely no changes to it. It is meant to take the place of the official CyanogenMod nightlies until they come.
This build is currently in Alpha/Beta so it may not have all of the standard OnePlus 2 or CyanogenMod features implemented quite yet.
I will do my best and try to upload weekly builds if there have been changes made to the source code.

Code:
Your warranty is now void.
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
A lot.

Now that the standard disclaimer is out of the way...
I have built CyanogenMod for the OnePlus 2 directly from the official source code from the CyanogenMod team. I am not a developer. I am just a builder of the source code. If you submit any bug reports here, I will attempt to forward them to the CyanogenMod team, however there are no guarantees as to when or if I will see them. If you know how to, I would suggest posting your issue on the CyanogenMod OnePlus 2 GitHub page (Listed in the credits below). Any other questions are welcome here! This ROM is entirely untested as I currently do not have the ability to do so, so I am reaching out to the community for help with this. There is no guarantee that this ROM will be stable or that it will even boot for that matter. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! Thanks to everyone! :cowboy:

ROM:
AFH
Google Drive
MediaFire

GApps:
As I have not been able to test this ROM yet, I would just assume that you could use any Lollipop GApps package with it.
I personally use OpenGApps.

Bugs:
-FP Not working
-Laser AF does not turn off after closing camera app. Reboot required before using camera again. (Disabled in latest build)
You tell me! :D

Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_oneplus_oneplus2

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2015-12-07
Last Updated 2015-12-09

Last edited:

jbw716

Aug 31, 2014
Hammond
Laser autofocus keeps turned on after camera app is closed, need reboot to use camera again. Overall, great rom, smooth.
Thank the CyanogenMod team. Not me! ;)

I'll see if I can submit a bug report to the CM team. I'll update the original post accordingly too. Thanks!

Edit: Issue submitted to the CyanogenMod OPT GitHub page.

Last edited:

jbw716

Aug 31, 2014
Hammond
Hey everyone. I just got approved as a developer on Android File Host so I will upload the ROM to there ASAP and update the original post with the new link for (hopefully) faster downloads!

jbw716

Aug 31, 2014
Hammond
Using any root file explorer, try deleting "sensors.hal.tof.so"

Location should be system/lib64/hw/ and the file will be in there. Reboot and try again to see if this fixes it.
I would recompile the ROM without this file, but seeing as how long it takes to compile a ROM, I will try to remember to remove it before the next build instead. For now I'm just going to leave it though. As I have previously stated, I am not a developer, so I was wondering... Does this actually fix the laser AF or does it just disable it? Thanks for your input!

PetritH

Mar 3, 2011
Somewhere
I would recompile the ROM without this file, but seeing as how long it takes to compile a ROM, I will try to remember to remove it before the next build instead. For now I'm just going to leave it though. As I have previously stated, I am not a developer, so I was wondering... Does this actually fix the laser AF or does it just disable it? Thanks for your input!
just disables it. Doesn't fix it

Sent from my OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

jbw716

Aug 31, 2014
Hammond
I need everyone's input on this. Should I keep these builds as the pure CyanogenMod builds so that we will get all of the latest bug fixes and features straight from the CyanogenMod team, or should I see about applying different ROM fixes/workarounds such as the camera workaround which disables the laser auto focus entirely?

neelsolanki

Jun 16, 2014
palanpur
Actually it ll fix camera fc bro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a build of CyanogenMod 12.1 for the OnePlus 2.
    This ROM is built directly from the CyanogenMod source code with absolutely no changes to it. It is meant to take the place of the official CyanogenMod nightlies until they come.
    This build is currently in Alpha/Beta so it may not have all of the standard OnePlus 2 or CyanogenMod features implemented quite yet.
    I will do my best and try to upload weekly builds if there have been changes made to the source code.

Code:
    Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
    A lot.

Now that the standard disclaimer is out of the way...
    I have built CyanogenMod for the OnePlus 2 directly from the official source code from the CyanogenMod team. I am not a developer. I am just a builder of the source code. If you submit any bug reports here, I will attempt to forward them to the CyanogenMod team, however there are no guarantees as to when or if I will see them. If you know how to, I would suggest posting your issue on the CyanogenMod OnePlus 2 GitHub page (Listed in the credits below). Any other questions are welcome here! This ROM is entirely untested as I currently do not have the ability to do so, so I am reaching out to the community for help with this. There is no guarantee that this ROM will be stable or that it will even boot for that matter. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! Thanks to everyone! :cowboy:

ROM:
    AFH
    Google Drive
    MediaFire

GApps:
    As I have not been able to test this ROM yet, I would just assume that you could use any Lollipop GApps package with it.
    I personally use OpenGApps.

Bugs:
    -FP Not working
    -Laser AF does not turn off after closing camera app. Reboot required before using camera again. (Disabled in latest build)
    You tell me! :D

Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_oneplus_oneplus2

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2015-12-07
    Last Updated 2015-12-09
    It seems like they are using other sources and not Graraks. So it would be nice if we could try both. :)
    Their sources: https://github.com/oneplus2-dev/android_device_oneplus_oneplus2/commits/cm-13.0

Graraks sources:https://github.com/Grarak/android_device_oneplus_oneplus2/commits/cm-13.0-exp
    I have contacted Grarak to see about how to go about compiling his source code, as it seems that it is different from compiling the official CM13 source code. If I can figure out how to build it, I will do my best to do so! :)
    Alright guys... New build up! Only thing that I changed with this build is now the laser AF should be disabled so all of you can use the camera without having to reboot the phone every time. If you do not want to reflash the ROM, as @kuban_kevin mentioned, you can just delete sensors.hal.tof.so in system/lib64/hw/ using any root file browser/explorer. Everything else should be pretty much the same in the latest build. Thank you all! :cowboy:

Note: Please post a reply if you would rather me just compile the CyanogenMod source code as-is so that you all will get the latest bug fixes ASAP, or if you would rather me continue to apply the small fixes that I find like disabling the laser AF.
    what about AF and FS?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure. As I stated in the first post, I have not been able to test the ROM yet. It is built directly from the CyanogenMod source code. I have not changed any of the code for it.
    Laser autofocus keeps turned on after camera app is closed, need reboot to use camera again. Overall, great rom, smooth.
    Using any root file explorer, try deleting "sensors.hal.tof.so"

Location should be system/lib64/hw/ and the file will be in there. Reboot and try again to see if this fixes it.