[ROM][unofficial] CyanogenMod 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy A5 (SM-A500FU)

richyharrison04

Nov 1, 2010
same problems here. Getting less response problems in this build than in last. Time thingy fixed. ITs getting better and better
Same here with unlocking. Occasionally the phone will not respond to touches unless I go screen off/on again.

Another thing which usually accompanies this, is the screen will start to move and react to touches even without any touches.... Maybe there is a link?

Otherwise an amazing ROM!

Sent from my SM-A500FU using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Christoph.bcn

klemen241

Jul 20, 2010
Same here with unlocking. Occasionally the phone will not respond to touches unless I go screen off/on again.

Another thing which usually accompanies this, is the screen will start to move and react to touches even without any touches.... Maybe there is a link?

Otherwise an amazing ROM!

Sent from my SM-A500FU using XDA Free mobile app
yes i would guess its linked

Reactions: Christoph.bcn

klemen241

Jul 20, 2010
I have another problem, this roms with apps eats 1,5gb ram, but original lolipop from samsung only ate 1,2gb. Usualy cm has realy low usage of ram on my phones. Any idea?

TheWhisp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 25, 2011
I have been testing this workaround all day and it seems to be working just ok.

What is it? It is a simple app/service that enables/disables touch screen/touch keys when screen is turned on/off
It is a very simple service and it should not cause you any problems.

How to use it? Download the attached .rar file, you will have 2 files there; 1) install the apk as a normal app and grant root access for it (it needs it do disable/enable the inputs)
Now test if you have any problems. If you still have any problems (do this even if you don't have any problem), the power hal is interfering with the, so 2) copy the power.msm8916.so file from the .zip and replace the existing file in /system/vendor/lib/hw/ (and create a back of it, just in case)
After replacing it reboot your device.

Now you should not have any issues anymore. Make sure you install the app and grant root before replacing the library.
This patch also improves display wake-up time.

I will integrate this in the future releases, but for now you need to manually do this.
Let me know how it works for you.

Attachments

Reactions: richyharrison04