[ROM][unofficial] CyanogenMod 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy A5 (SM-A500FU)

TheWhisp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 25, 2011
You need to replace that lib too, it also handles the same thing so it will interfere with the app. To replace it use any file browser that supports root access (the default CyanogenMod file explorer - you need to enable root access in the settings)

I have attached an updated version of the app, which also supports incall mode, when the screen is blanked by proximity.

EDIT: Also added third version which disables touch keys in ambient mode

Attachments

Last edited:

klemen241

Jul 20, 2010
You need to replace that lib too, it also handles the same thing so it will interfere with the app. To replace it use any file browser that supports root access (the default CyanogenMod file explorer - you need to enable root access in the settings)

I have attached an updated version of the app, which also supports incall mode, when the screen is blanked by proximity.

EDIT: Also added third version which disables touch keys in ambient mode
can you make this in to twrp flashable zip*?

richyharrison04

Nov 1, 2010
OK, there is still an issue. The lock screen still freezes and the phone takes a good while to begin responding when trying to use the phone after the screen has been locked. I installed apk's with full root access, checked in superSU and also performed necessary file replacement in hw folder.

Edit: its really bad still, screen does it's own thing and moves around randomly

Sent from my SM-A500FU using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

TheWhisp

Jun 25, 2011
Since it's just an app it can get killed and if that happens there is nothing else that enables/disables them

edit: new build is uploaded, touch workaround is add by default and is running as a system app, so if you used the app that I uploaded before, please uninstall it

Last edited:
Reactions: richyharrison04

TheWhisp

Jun 25, 2011
There are issues with NFC, FM is only partially working (cannot adjust volume and need to reboot after using it), BT address is not properly set, USB tethering crashes on disable and QCIF and 480p camera preview is distorted (videos taken are fine). If you depend on those features, it is not advised to use this ROM until they are fixed

edit: new build uploaded

edit2: The workaround for touch is broken on 10/10 build, please don't install it

Last edited:
Reactions: richyharrison04

klemen241

Jul 20, 2010
There are issues with NFC, FM is only partially working (cannot adjust volume and need to reboot after using it), BT address is not properly set, USB tethering crashes on disable and QCIF and 480p camera preview is distorted (videos taken are fine). If you depend on those features, it is not advised to use this ROM until they are fixed

edit: new build uploaded

edit2: The workaround for touch is broken on 10/10 build, please don't install it

u sure? ive been using it since yesterday, and i have no problems lol
also can you add developers option unlocked by deafult? and advanced reboot?
and vibrate is still there when i turn off screen

Last edited:
Reactions: androiduser00

mygalaxya

Feb 24, 2015
u sure? ive been using it since yesterday, and i have no problems lol
also can you add developers option unlocked by deafult? and advanced reboot?
and vibrate is still there when i turn off screen
Developer option isn't enabled as default, you must enable it yourself, and for the vibration it's seems it's again the inputs of the screen that cause this problem. We'll take a look into it.