V1KTmBM.png

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

sFC1ljz.png

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features

Lin·e·age
/ˈlinēij/
noun
  1. lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
  2. a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.

F2KbTDc.png

If you encounter any issues with sensors or anything related to hardware, please flash stock rom and then a custom one.
Check the G3 issue tracker and LineageOS issue tracker before installation.
Clean flash is recommended, here's the procedure:
  • wipe Dalvik cache, /system, /data and /cache.
  • flash latest ROM zip
  • optional: flash Google apps ARM

TK3TVvO.png

Download LineageOS 18.1
TWRP
Google apps
Rooting your phone by Linus Tech Tips
Stock ROM by @MESA
3__HacerPermisivo.zip - this switches your selinux to permissive
bootimage_adb_unsecure by @AdrianDC - debugging, disables adb auth
Mr_Bump.zip by @dadi11 - fix for Secure booting error (boot certification verify)

Nh9aiVb.png

Join G3 development channel on Telegram to get more info about my projects.

Onx1GCn.png

@dadi11
@walter79
@aleasto

DPxaQu8.png

github.com/LineageOS
github.com/itsHardStyl3r
device and kernel sources

local_manifests
Important: information about open sources from HardStyl3r

Last edited:

HardStyl3r

Aug 12, 2015
Poland, Łódź
sZtGfmf.png

18.1, 31.03.2021
u434BM7.png

Code:
 * March 2021 Android Security Bulletin: r32
 * Fixed encryption
 * DRM protected now works (e.g. Netflix)
 * Switched to AOSP RenderScript
 * Builds now come with smaller font footprint

18.1, 14.02.2021
UgK3dlI.png

Code:
 * Updated source (LineageOS/lineage-18.1)
* sepolicy additions
* device tree updates (Trust VINTF)
* CameraServiceProxy error fix
* more bringup

18.1, 20.12.2020
UgK3dlI.png

Code:
 * Initial release

Last edited:
Reactions: rahimali

HardStyl3r

Aug 12, 2015
Poland, Łódź
You are great, thank you..
i wanna submit my very first impression after a few hours of use. i had no problem during installation and in general everything is ok. animations were laggy at the beginning but they are smoother now after a while. i am sure things will get better soon. thank you very much again for your efforts.

-google drive crashing, google chrome cannot see the google account so cannot start sync.

-magisk 20.4 does not work but 21.1 beta works.
These bugs are related to the GApps, these are very shady but the basics work. I am waiting for @walter79 to respond and I'll build our own GApps.

Thanks for the feedback.

HardStyl3r

Aug 12, 2015
Poland, Łódź
I installed and want to switch instead of Lineage recovery sleep on TWRP recovery. How ?
same here: it seems root + TWRP is gone...

The setup wizard is tricky this time. It automatically replaces TWRP with LineageOS Recovery unless you uncheck the option. To bring back TWRP, use flashable ZIP in my TWRP thread, flash it (either adb sideload or sdcard is fine) and skip the signature check failure.

Max Frost

Oct 25, 2015
The setup wizard is tricky this time. It automatically replaces TWRP with LineageOS Recovery unless you uncheck the option. To bring back TWRP, use flashable ZIP in my TWRP thread, flash it (either adb sideload or sdcard is fine) and skip the signature check failure.

Good news on the LS990. installed and booted up fine. Data and telephony both working. Rom seems just fine. Still have my twrp . No fc and no reboots. Can't get magisk 20.4 to flash so no root yet but as smoothly as it's running so far we're looking good. Thank's for the LS990 build.

Update !! Found Magisk 21 and installed root. Works fine now. One question about setup manager related to installing lineage recovery. Is it a onetime setup question or will it ask this on future updates and or resets ? Just wondering if it's something we need to be on guard against . Possible to disable the feature ? Fortunantly I happen to catch it and uncheck it so I'm good. Thanks

LS990 users you can install this . The old reboot problem we had with lineage 17 is gone. This runs good enough I'm going to continue with it as daily driver for now.

Last edited:

HardStyl3r

Aug 12, 2015
Poland, Łódź
Good news on the LS990. installed and booted up fine. Data and telephony both working. Rom seems just fine. Still have my twrp . No fc and no reboots. Can't get magisk 20.4 to flash so no root yet but as smoothly as it's running so far we're looking good. Thank's for the LS990 build.

Update !! Found Magisk 21 and installed root. Works fine now. One question about setup manager related to installing lineage recovery. Is it a onetime setup question or will it ask this on future updates and or resets ? Just wondering if it's something we need to be on guard against . Possible to disable the feature ? Fortunantly I happen to catch it and uncheck it so I'm good. Thanks

LS990 users you can install this . The old reboot problem we had with lineage 17 is gone. This runs good enough I'm going to continue with it as daily driver for now.
This should only pop up when you clean /data. As far as I know, Setup Wizard only appears on first boots, which includes clean /data. If you've unchecked this, I think you are safe. Enjoy. And yeah, the latest Magisk beta works.

Reactions: Max Frost

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New update. Changelog is in the #2 post.
    If no bugs are reported, I'll push the changes to gerrit and hopefully, we'll get official LineageOS 18.1.
    If no bugs are reported, I'll push the changes to gerrit and hopefully, we'll get official LineageOS 18.1.
    First, we should know what to expect. You are bringing the latest software to a 7-year-old phone. Of course there are sometimes lags very normally but everything is quite smooth in general. Thank you very much for the great job.
    Maybe, you should buy a new batterie? This effect occurs while booting the first time with worn out batteries.
    I still haven't heard from my testers. I am assuming nothing could go wrong but Sprint variant is known for being tricky. I with somebody else with ls990 could test it. It holds up the entire 18.1 bringup.
    @HardStyl3r , Here's the scoop . The rom boots fine on the LS990 . The problem I ran into is I can't get the MindTheGapps to flash at all. I downloaded them twice , tried on twrp 3.4 and 3,5 but they give an error 1 and simply won't flash for me. I went ahead and booted the rom up. It booted smooth and fast. I then downloaded Mindthegapps from last month and tried those. They also wouldn't flash. I can view the zips so I don't think they are corrupt. I then flashed the open gapps 11 test from last month and they flash fine. Rom also boots up fine with them. I've never had an issue flashing gapps in years of testing so I dunno what's wrong. I can say the rom boots up on open gapps just fine and it doesn't take long. There was NO reboot issue for me. Sorry about the wait @HardStyl3r . I must have missed these post and only saw your PM tonight.

@yvesjordan06 Did you clean flash or dirty ? The MindTheGapps did flash for you ? Try a clean flash of the rom without the gapps and see if you can boot. Like I said above t's booting up fast on my LS990 .
    Thank you for the ROM

Doesn't boot on LG LS900 (Sprint)
    Shows boot animation then reboots

When trying to flash MindTheGapps, il fails saying "Can not mount mnt/system !"
    Just realized you couldn't flash those gapps either. If your dirty flashing on 17.1 gapps it might not ever boot. I don't have the link to the Open Gapps 11 Test that was posted last month but if you can find those they do work good. Maybe @HardStyl3r still has the link ?
    V1KTmBM.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

sFC1ljz.png

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features

Lin·e·age
    /ˈlinēij/
    noun
    1. lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
    2. a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.

F2KbTDc.png

If you encounter any issues with sensors or anything related to hardware, please flash stock rom and then a custom one.
    Check the G3 issue tracker and LineageOS issue tracker before installation.
    Clean flash is recommended, here's the procedure:
    • wipe Dalvik cache, /system, /data and /cache.
    • flash latest ROM zip
    • optional: flash Google apps ARM

TK3TVvO.png

Download LineageOS 18.1
    TWRP
    Google apps
    Rooting your phone by Linus Tech Tips
    Stock ROM by @MESA
    3__HacerPermisivo.zip - this switches your selinux to permissive
    bootimage_adb_unsecure by @AdrianDC - debugging, disables adb auth
    Mr_Bump.zip by @dadi11 - fix for Secure booting error (boot certification verify)

Nh9aiVb.png

Join G3 development channel on Telegram to get more info about my projects.

Onx1GCn.png

@dadi11
    @walter79
    @aleasto

DPxaQu8.png

github.com/LineageOS
    github.com/itsHardStyl3r
    device and kernel sources

local_manifests
    Important: information about open sources from HardStyl3r
    I am currently waiting for February patches. Then I'll look into the DRM & Encryption bug. Don't expect 18.1 version to go official anytime soon.

Aaand, just a reminder that current 18.1 are beta builds.
    Auto update didn't find new version. Attempted a dirty flash of rom only, which resulted in boot loop. Did full wipe, flash rom, bitgaps and magisk and is working very nicely. Thanks HardStyler.

Auto update will not work until the rom eventually goes official.
    @HardStyl3r , I flashed the new 18.1 build along with the open test gapps on my LS990 . I have to say it's running great so far. Things I've checked and work fine are data, wifi , telephony, camera( both camera and video) and GPS. All work good without any lag or issue. I also rooted with magisk . Had no problems whatsoever with TWRP either. I went through the whole setup process of entering account and restoring all apps from the cloud. GPS locks in super fast and finds lots of satellites . I tried the first 18.1 build you put out and while most stuff worked I can tell this build is smoother and improved. Thanks for all your efforts .

Warning to all TWRP users ::: . During setup on 18.1 you' must be careful not to check the box offering to update Lineage Recovery . If your on TWRP and you check this box you''ll lose your TWRP .
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone