[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][dreamlte/dream2lte][[SM-G950F/SM-G955F][9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

NoPlanXD

Mar 2, 2015
OnePlus 8 Pro
Is there a way to fix the absence of audio when using the phone in the car on Bluetooth Audio, which has only occurred since the installation of Lineage Os16?
Bluetooth is recently very unstable, very low range is the reason. Many tried to fix this somehow but there unfortunately is no easy workaround for that right now. We'll have to wait and hope for the best. With upcoming releases.

By the way, this information is easily found by searching this thread. Even "bluetooth" as a search word would be enough.
Just a friendly reminder for next time :)

pcpilot1950

Oct 24, 2014
Thank you very much for the info and advice. It's just so frustrating that the os16 firmware is just perfect except for not being able to use bluetooth audio in the car. ?

cantenna

Aug 5, 2012
Newcastle
Bluetooth is recently very unstable, very low range is the reason. Many tried to fix this somehow but there unfortunately is no easy workaround for that right now. We'll have to wait and hope for the best. With upcoming releases.

By the way, this information is easily found by searching this thread. Even "bluetooth" as a search word would be enough.
Just a friendly reminder for next time :)

Bluetooth is always the PITA for Linerage and Samsung... I remember my GS4; took like 3 years before it was working right without any perceivable bugs..

Last edited:

hemanth kumar

Dec 3, 2013
hyderabad
How do you rate the overall experience as a daily usage rom?
Is it crashing often or any major issues with the software apart from the Bluetooth?
B4 installing I wanna confirm the stability, though it is in alpha stage I believe in the Lineage Dev's :p:D

Last edited:

Alien_N7

Jun 18, 2019
Well, current build is more stable than april/may builds. Tomorrow will be a month since I flashed it on my S8, everything works very fine for me, except Bluetooth - still waiting for fix. No crashes, no reboots.

Protip: remember to block your phone manually duiring calls, because proximity sensor doesn't work as it should - screen goes black, but phone is not blocked so you can activate numeric keyboard with your face during calls. Everything is fine if you block phone with a button.

Teracotta

Jun 26, 2015
it will be released as soon as its ready
asking for it wont make it happen faster

please release version that does not do device check

TWRP is bugged, and versions past 3.1.0 will cause the boot sequence to freeze when using the pre-RMM bootloader

v.3.1.0 is unflagged, so your script mistakingly thinks it's a different device

"E3004: This package is for device: dreamltebmc, dreamlteskt, dreamltektt, dreamltegt, dreamltexx, dreamlte; this device is ."

I don't want to install RMM just to use your ROM

Enrico9800

Sep 23, 2016
Well, current build is more stable than april/may builds. Tomorrow will be a month since I flashed it on my S8, everything works very fine for me, except Bluetooth - still waiting for fix. No crashes, no reboots.

Protip: remember to block your phone manually duiring calls, because proximity sensor doesn't work as it should - screen goes black, but phone is not blocked so you can activate numeric keyboard with your face during calls. Everything is fine if you block phone with a button.

Download link for april/may build?

Soapy!

Feb 28, 2014
Philadelphia

TWRP is bugged, and versions past 3.1.0 will cause the boot sequence to freeze when using the pre-RMM bootloader

"E3004: This package is for device: dreamltebmc, dreamlteskt, dreamltektt, dreamltegt, dreamltexx, dreamlte; this device is ."

Or you could do it yourself.

Jan 30, 2019

You can update TWRP

Teracotta

Jun 26, 2015
@Stricted

Your zip won't flash. I'm using dreamltexx, the script fails to pull the fingerprint from the build.prop, and fails.
When I remove this line get Error 6.

I removed the device check but get error six, even when simply scrubbing the device check. I didn't know at the time that twrp has its own props and it looks like this entire twrp build is buggy as hell

Stricted

Recognized Developer
Apr 3, 2017
Hesse
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S7
I removed the device check but get error six, even when simply scrubbing the device check. I didn't know at the time that twrp has its own props and it looks like this entire twrp build is buggy as hell

your twrp ist just too old
these checks are there for a reason... if you remove them you are just plain stupid
update your twrp and it will work

NEVER EVER remove the asserts, they are there for a reason

since i dont maintain the twrp for s8 i honestly dont care how buggy it is or not
if you have any problems with twrp report it to them

chinhtao

Jun 5, 2018
i just want to ạsk all users how battery is, do u guys get 3 hrs sot or more, i just want use this rom so bad, want to flash it again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What doesn't work :

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][dreamlte/dream2lte][[SM-G950F/SM-G955F][9] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S8

Contributors
    Stricted, Ivan_Meler, Vaughnn
    Source Code: https://github.com/exynos8895

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-02-13
    Last Updated 2019-11-02
    Here is a little teaser of thats comming, There is no serious regression so far from what we can tell (Camera needs to be fixed again tho but not that big of a deal as i had to deal with that on s7 too)

SalupTl.png
    new build is up, synced with los source and updated security patch level, this build also has a working mobicore, and fingerprint sensor
    gatekeeper and keystore are also working now, a lot of other bsp side stuff has been updated, Button backlight has been removed from settings, Bixby button can be remaped from settings again, There are a lot more under the hood changes but next build will have even more of them (Including working HWC) Moreover next build will also move to pie kernel and mali gpu drivers, Any donations to stricted or/and me are wlecome as they help us with build server cost and maintanance anyway enjoy the build and prepare for big updates soon

Also note8 builds with working fp are coming a bit later as im waiting for someone to test them
    there seems to be a reason as to why they are using older gpu drivers as i just compiled the kernel with gpu drivers from latest stock kernel it booted fine and even displayed 1 frame of lock screen but than went black although i could still double tap power to open camera than use volume keys to take pic and it would make a sound so the phone was still on for sure EDIT: link to the kernel if anyone wants https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zuaQIEGfF_AR4xorB8bE2q_q47upWtR0

Looks to me like you are using same old driver r3p0 so please stop sharing misinformation (There are multiple parts to mali userspace and kernel you didnt update either and even if you updated kernel alone it wouldnt work as you didnt update userspace, if anyone wants to confirm this is same old r3p0 driver just run strings on file and grep for r3p0)

As a quick progress update i got a device few days ago (big thanks to @marshedpotato) i already started working on a big update (Fingerprint, updated graphics drivers possibly hwc too which i just fixed few days ago on galaxy s7 making it first exynos device to have it working on pie aosp) this will be quite a big update so please dont ask for etas (Ill also probably replace back glass and display since it has missing chunk haha) in the other news while playing with the device i managed to activate IR led used for iris scanning and i could possibly reuse it for face unlock if thats anything people would like to see
    Expect release of pie on monday, I still want to look into issues with how macloader handles murata chips on stock compared to our implementation but coming from 15.1 there is no regression at all