Search This thread

TikiThePug

Feb 10, 2013
Was trying to go back to stock, wiped data,
flash update zip
flash twrp
reboot to recovery
flash magisk
now it's booting but it says password is incorrect though in twrp the password is correct
Help pls
1) Go in TWRP's file manager to this location: /data/data/system
2) Remove files with these names:
- locksettings.db*
- *.key

brossovitch

Dec 30, 2014
Androidville
mega.nz
Was trying to go back to stock, wiped data,
flash update zip
flash twrp
reboot to recovery
flash magisk
now it's booting but it says password is incorrect though in twrp the password is correct
Help pls

Just did this myself. No issues.
Backed up files to Flash drive
Booted TWRP, formatted data, installed OOS 5.1.9 & TWRP, etc...

Ran OOS forna while, then flashed LOS back. No problems. LOS is better. Mostly.

Sent using XDA Labs

Reactions: Kollachi

Moppelg

Oct 25, 2006
It says it about 100 times in this posting
1. Boot to recovery
2. Flash lineageOS
3. Flash TWRP (notice we have not rebooted to anything in between these two steps)
4. Reboot Recovery (yes go to your reboot screen and select reboot recovery - not system)
5. Flash Gapps (if desired)
6. Flash Magisk (if desired)
7. Reboot to System

I have tried it with and without Magisk, but never tried it without Gapps. These steps worked every single time and I have probably done this 50 times by now. From the sound of things you are not reflashing TWRP after you flash LineageOS. Try it

Thank you for the 101x information - Unfortunately it does not help me to avoid the softbrick (black screen at boot).

I can OEM unlock, install TWRP img+zip to get persistent TWRP.
I can repeatedly install in TWRP again a TWRP Zip alone, without leading to crash at boot.
BUT, what I can not do, is to install a Custom Rom (Like I tried with Lineage OS and Omni-Rom) with or without TWRP flash afterwards. This will lead in either case to the black screen at boot.

I have no ideas left ...

brossovitch

Dec 30, 2014
Androidville
mega.nz
Hey guys!

What the heck happened to the long press toggle torch option?!
It shows up in search but its unavailable?

Also, anyone get the touchscreen gestures to work? Because I would use that.
I just want to enable flashlight without unlocking the device. Thanks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_LineageOS_Settings_20180718-054139.png
    Screenshot_LineageOS_Settings_20180718-054139.png
    155.7 KB · Views: 876

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Hey guys!

What the heck happened to the long press toggle torch option?!
It shows up in search but its unavailable?

Also, anyone get the touchscreen gestures to work? Because I would use that.
I just want to enable flashlight without unlocking the device. Thanks.

All of that works here.

Reactions: the.Great.Skua

reaper000

Aug 3, 2009
OnePlus 9
With oos now being on the July security patch now you don't need to format data in twrp to boot now just factory reset and it should work. Just tried it
Previously, I'm reading a true format of the internal storage was necessary to go from stock (5.1.18 and under) to Lineage and vice versa.

Sorry for being dense, but are you now saying that after flashing OOS 5.1.19, that an internal storage format is no longer necessary to go from LOS to OOS and back again..?

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Yeah, none of them work for me at all.

Kinda like the ambient display thing, it only works if I violently whip my phone up as hard as humanly possible.
No matter.

I just set "Swipe up with one finger" to "Toggle the flashlight" and turned off and on my screen twice and it worked right away. You must be doing something wrong?

brossovitch

Dec 30, 2014
Androidville
mega.nz
I just set "Swipe up with one finger" to "Toggle the flashlight" and turned off and on my screen twice and it worked right away. You must be doing something wrong?
One finger swipe? Just simply toggle the option?
Do I have to do something special like set it, toggle it, reboot, stand on my head, run around my house, & sacrifice my first born child?

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

It works now with the latest build from.today.
Never did before.
After i flashed latest about 13min ago it works now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][enchilada][8.1] LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-07-11
    Last Updated 2018-08-25
    New build is up: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528049020
    Adds DT2W support and makes the slider behaves like stock

Do you like the feedback when the slider changes? There is a /small/ vibration every time but I don't really like it
    Give it a try and tell me if you want it or not
    Just because you asked for it.
    Just because you asked for it.

^^ Up in lineage-15.1-20180715_200624-UNOFFICIAL-enchilada.zip, also hotword detection should no longer be crashing on gappsless installations.
    @Linuxpenguin: Manual SIM provisioning is available in lineage-15.1-20180720_232752-UNOFFICIAL-enchilada.zip.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone