[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][enchilada][8.1] LineageOS 15.1

Search This thread

shrodz

Jul 25, 2018
So my first step was a backup of data!

As far as I know there is no "default" slot. I think if you flash a rom, the device will recognise it and flash it to "the other" slot. That's the reason I switched to B before flashing the update. After that you need to flash the recovery, because it's part of the rom and will be stock lineage after a reboot.

After flashing TWRP you can reboot and your active slot is now "the other one". I switched to B before the update, so my updated slot A is now active. Now you can flash Magisk and GApps.

I didn't flashes GApps the first time and lost them, so it seems to be necessary to flash them after every update. Restored my data after the first few tries. Now it works perfect.

Thanks for the reply! It really helped and I upgraded without issues.

Xaeons

Aug 27, 2010
Manila, PH
Here's my experience so far:
Install process
OOS 5.1.8
go to fastboot
boot twrp
wipe everything except internal storage
flash los > reboot to bootloader
boot twrp
flash gapps
wipe cache
reboot
setup the phone
reboot to fastboot
boot twrp
flash twrp installer
reboot to system
reboot to twrp
flash magisk 16.6
reboot

I just did this but using the following:
-lineage-15.1-20180924_085305-UNOFFICIAL-enchilada
-open_gapps-arm64-8.1-nano-20180926
-Magisk-v17.1

It's been 15mins and it is still in the LOS bootanimation. Would this take longer or should I do something else to the procedure?

hypergamer1231

Jan 23, 2011
Mumbai
www.youtube.com
I just did this but using the following:
-lineage-15.1-20180924_085305-UNOFFICIAL-enchilada
-open_gapps-arm64-8.1-nano-20180926
-Magisk-v17.1

It's been 15mins and it is still in the LOS bootanimation. Would this take longer or should I do something else to the procedure?
15 mins is way too long. Somethings not right. Revert to complete stock and start from scratch. That always helps.

Reactions: Xaeons

Xaeons

Aug 27, 2010
Manila, PH
15 mins is way too long. Somethings not right. Revert to complete stock and start from scratch. That always helps.

Well I'll be a monkey's behind, it worked! Thanks!

Here's what I did:
1. Booted to Bootloader > opened ADB > fastboot boot twrp-3.2.3-0-enchilada.img
2. Flashed OOS 5.1.11 from here using flash-all-partitions-fastboot.bat
3. Rebooted to System to check if everything boots correctly, which it did (also unlocked developer options and ticked Advanced restart and USB debugging just in case)
4. Rebooted to Bootloader > opened ADB > fastboot boot twrp-3.2.3-0-enchilada.img (it auto reboots to recovery)
5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Checked Dalvik/ART Cache, system, and Data (left the other two unchecked: Internal Storage and USB Storage)
6. Install > lineage-15.1-20180924_085305-UNOFFICIAL-enchilada.zip > reboot bootloader
7. ADB > fastboot boot twrp-3.2.3-0-enchilada.img
8. Install > open_gapps-arm64-8.1-nano-20180926.zip > wipe cache > reboot to system
9. IT BOOTS! Set up some things like developer options, etc.
10. Reboot to bootloader > opened ADB > fastboot boot twrp-3.2.3-0-enchilada.img
11. Install > twrp-installer-enchilada-3.2.3-0.zip
12. Rebooted to System (to see if it's still there haha) > Rebooted to recovery
13. Install > Magisk v17.1.zip > reboot to system

Only gripe I have is that it's encrypted as I don't want to have to enter a pin everytime I boot into TWRP.
I thought only OOS had encryption and custom ROMs don't, isn't it?

Last edited:
Reactions: hypergamer1231

hypergamer1231

Jan 23, 2011
Mumbai
www.youtube.com
Well I'll be a monkey's behind, it worked! Thanks!

Here's what I did:
1. Booted to Bootloader > opened ADB > fastboot boot twrp-3.2.3-0-enchilada.img
2. Flashed OOS 5.1.11 from here using flash-all-partitions-fastboot.bat
3. Rebooted to System to check if everything boots correctly, which it did (also unlocked developer options and ticked Advanced restart and USB debugging just in case)
4. Rebooted to Bootloader > opened ADB > fastboot boot twrp-3.2.3-0-enchilada.img (it auto reboots to recovery)
5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Checked Dalvik/ART Cache, system, and Data (left the other two unchecked: Internal Storage and USB Storage)
6. Install > lineage-15.1-20180924_085305-UNOFFICIAL-enchilada.zip > reboot bootloader
7. ADB > fastboot boot twrp-3.2.3-0-enchilada.img
8. Install > open_gapps-arm64-8.1-nano-20180926.zip > wipe cache > reboot to system
9. IT BOOTS! Set up some things like developer options, etc.
10. Reboot to bootloader > opened ADB > fastboot boot twrp-3.2.3-0-enchilada.img
11. Install > twrp-installer-enchilada-3.2.3-0.zip
12. Rebooted to System (to see if it's still there haha) > Rebooted to recovery
13. Install > Magisk v17.1.zip > reboot to system

Only gripe I have is that it's encrypted as I don't want to have to enter a pin everytime I boot into TWRP. Is this normal?
Disable secure startup that should help?

Reactions: Lenny2311

Marnux

Jul 30, 2008
Tried to install, despite wiping partitions and multiple tries from scratch, i still kept getting stuck in a bootloop. Will try LOS 16 when camera recording is fixed. Settled for LiquidRemix for the moment, as that worked first try.
Thanks for the effort though @LuK1337.

Lenny2311

Mar 6, 2009
Can anyone explain how to get OOS cam?

Also how to add the ability to edit screenshots such as cropping and drawing on?

I reverted back to 15.1 and these are the only 2 things that I'm missing from a custom rom

Also if anyone is trying to revert back like I did. BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA. You need an old twrp. I'm using 3.2.1.0. I had to manually fastboot flash 5.1.11 and use stock recovery to wipe everything to be able to boot. install an old version of opengapps or otherwise google play services won't work. I'm using 0923 gapps pico. And the only kernels you can flash are smurf 1.6.4 or radioactive custom otherwise your ROM won't boot

tips
1. Twrp sideload is your friend
2. Adb pull /sdcard/ C://folderonyourpc or ~/linuxdirectory/for backups

Much happier with 15.1. 16 doesn't seem ready for daily

Last edited:

Forage81

May 18, 2012
I'm having focus issues with the stock camera when taking pictures with objects closer by than a meter or so. Before taking the picture the back camera will either automatically focus on the object or you manually tell it to do so, but at the moment you actually take the picture it will loose it's focus right at the last fraction of a second. This basically results in most pictures being unclear.

What is you experience with the stock LOS camera and does this make switching to a replacement, like OnePlus 6 Google Camera Port or OnePlus Camera M, essential?

Lenny2311

Mar 6, 2009
I'm having focus issues with the stock camera when taking pictures with objects closer by than a meter or so. Before taking the picture the back camera will either automatically focus on the object or you manually tell it to do so, but at the moment you actually take the picture it will loose it's focus right at the last fraction of a second. This basically results in most pictures being unclear.

What is you experience with the stock LOS camera and does this make switching to a replacement, like OnePlus 6 Google Camera Port or OnePlus Camera M, essential?
I tried the one plus camera M magisk mod. Flashed in twrp. It didn't work and it got installed as a system app portrait mode didn't work. Then I uninstalled the app in titanium backup and wouldn't boot no matter what. So be careful

Can't find anyone explain how to properly get OOS can in lineage unfortunately

Forage81

May 18, 2012
I tried the one plus camera M magisk mod. Flashed in twrp. It didn't work and it got installed as a system app portrait mode didn't work. Then I uninstalled the app in titanium backup and wouldn't boot no matter what. So be careful

Can't find anyone explain how to properly get OOS can in lineage unfortunately
I've been playing with the three of them. They all work, but with their pro's and con's. I'm sticking to the Google camera app as the default.

For the OnePlus camera M I installed Magisk through TWRP recovery and installed the actual mod through the Magisk Manager app.
For the Google camera I'm using GCam-5.1.018-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V8.3bfix.apk.

Reactions: Lenny2311

Lenny2311

Mar 6, 2009
I've been playing with the three of them. They all work, but with their pro's and con's. I'm sticking to the Google camera app as the default.

For the OnePlus camera M I installed Magisk through TWRP recovery and installed the actual mod through the Magisk Manager app.
For the Google camera I'm using GCam-5.1.018-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V8.3bfix.apk.
See I just tried the one plus camera m and portrait depth effects work but when I view the picture it's a picture with a second picture overlayed in the top right corner. I tried liquid remix and it worked but I can't figure this out

Last edited:

cowgaR

Oct 25, 2010
Londinium
Will this be official anytime soon? This is the only thing stopping me from buying a OP6.

Youre good, don't buy.

I bought half year ago as 30 of these devices headed to XDA devs. Soon after fresh promising start device was abandoned as LOS team got their Pie toy.

This thread should be closed as 'maintainers' are no longer working on it.

There's some little life in LOS 16 but nothing extraordinary compared to my other devices, so up until we get more maintainers (with all respect current situation is not ideal) and LOS gets official don't expect stable build, eta next year...

Buy different phone if you want first class support and stable 15.1. ONEPLUS plan to give devices for free to XDA failed miserably... Unless you have fetish for latest and greatest, jello and other useless stuff focus is sometimes on

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Youre good, don't buy.

I bought half year ago as 30 of these devices headed to XDA devs. Soon after fresh promising start device was abandoned as LOS team got their Pie toy.

This thread should be closed as 'maintainers' are no longer working on it.

There's some little life in LOS 16 but nothing extraordinary compared to my other devices, so up until we get more maintainers (with all respect current situation is not ideal) and LOS gets official don't expect stable build, eta next year...

Buy different phone if you want first class support and stable 15.1. ONEPLUS plan to give devices for free to XDA failed miserably... Unless you have fetish for latest and greatest, jello and other useless stuff focus is sometimes on
>There's some little life in LOS 16 but nothing extraordinary compared to my other devices
What kind of devices have so ~ wild ~ development going on? ( I'm especially interested in ones on 15.1; unless your idea of "little life" is just official/unofficial status and not actual work being done )
16.0 is pretty much ready to be in initial batch of official devices whenever 16.0 goes live. Like ~2d ago we got rid of last real blocker which was my temporary lazy kernel so I don't really know what else is to be done there that is actually device specific.

brossovitch

Dec 30, 2014
Androidville
mega.nz
OnePlus 6
>There's some little life in LOS 16 but nothing extraordinary compared to my other devices
What kind of devices have so ~ wild ~ development going on? ( I'm especially interested in ones on 15.1; unless your idea of "little life" is just official/unofficial status and not actual work being done )
16.0 is pretty much ready to be in initial batch of official devices whenever 16.0 goes live. Like ~2d ago we got rid of last real blocker which was my temporary lazy kernel so I don't really know what else is to be done there that is actually device specific.
Can we flash normally with official TWRP?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

castrum_doloris

Nov 20, 2014
Can we flash normally with official TWRP?

Yes. But uf you want flash LOS 15.1 you should have flashed OOS 5.11 on both slots.
For LOS 16 you should have flashed at least the latest stable OOS Pie (9.0.x I guess) on both slots

Question: Does anybody else have a lot of force closes like "xy has been stopped" messages popping of?

And @LuK1337
May I ask you how the state of development/support of LOS 15.1 is looking like?
Is/will it be abondened in favour of Pie?
I'm asking because I can't (respectively I don't want) upgrade to Android 9 and as it seems all other 8.1 ROMs are more or less deprecated and have moved on to Pie.

Regards

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Yes. But uf you want flash LOS 15.1 you should have flashed OOS 5.11 on both slots.
For LOS 16 you should have flashed at least the latest stable OOS Pie (9.0.x I guess) on both slots

Question: Does anybody else have a lot of force closes like "xy has been stopped" messages popping of?

And @LuK1337
May I ask you how the state of development/support of LOS 15.1 is looking like?
Is/will it be abondened in favour of Pie?
I'm asking because I can't (respectively I don't want) upgrade to Android 9 and as it seems all other 8.1 ROMs are more or less deprecated and have moved on to Pie.

Regards
15.1 is pretty much dead, I'm building it once a month on a crappy laptop whenever it's ~ cold ~ in my room.

Macusercom

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 2, 2014
Vienna
christophgrubits.at
May I ask what the correct steps for a clean flash are? Should I wipe /data and internal storage when coming from OOS?

How to flash Open Gapps on both slots? Flash ROM, TWRP reboot flash GApps, switch slots and do the same?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][enchilada][8.1] LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-07-11
    Last Updated 2018-08-25
    New build is up: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528049020
    Adds DT2W support and makes the slider behaves like stock

Do you like the feedback when the slider changes? There is a /small/ vibration every time but I don't really like it
    Give it a try and tell me if you want it or not
    Just because you asked for it.
    Just because you asked for it.

^^ Up in lineage-15.1-20180715_200624-UNOFFICIAL-enchilada.zip, also hotword detection should no longer be crashing on gappsless installations.
    @Linuxpenguin: Manual SIM provisioning is available in lineage-15.1-20180720_232752-UNOFFICIAL-enchilada.zip.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone