Search This thread

Electimon

• Jan 9, 2016
    1pwn.tk
    Moto G7 Power
    Moto E (2020)
    a3741bfbfe4b8f6e7a736e4195d2ec2d6e11.jpg

About

Havoc-OS 3.x is based on AOSP, inspired by Google Pixel.
    Has a refined Material Design 2 UI by @SKULSHADY.
    So many features that you probably won't find in any ROM.
    All you can dream of and all you'll ever need.
    Just flash and enjoy...

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Lights
    Sound / vibration
    VoLTE

Known Issues?
    You tell me :)

Links
    Rom

Installation
    Remove your Google account.
    Flash latest firmware with the set of commands attached.
    "Fastboot boot" TWRP/OrangeFOX, flash copypartitions.zip and flash ROM.
    Boot system..
    Optional: boot TWRP/OFOX after the first boot, and flash recovery installer/Magisk/GApps.
    Set of commands: https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4955977&d=1582350851

If you face any boot loop issue kindly format data and cache.

Contact me on telegram

Credits
    LineageOS ([url]https://github.com/LineageOS[/URL])
    Crdroid ([url]https://github.com/crdroidandroid[/URL])
    Pixel Experience ([url]https://github.com/PixelExperience[/URL])
    Nitrogen Project ([url]https://github.com/nitrogen-project[/URL])
    Omnirom ([url]https://github.com/omnirom[/URL])
    MSM-Xtended Team ([url]https://github.com/Project-Xtended[/URL])
    Skydragon ([url]https://gitlab.com/HolyDragonProject[/URL])
    Syberia Project ([url]https://github.com/syberia-project[/URL])
    And all the other Developers, Testers, Donators and Users.

Team
    Lead Developer
    SKULSHADY (Anushek Prasal)
    ZeNiXxX (Viktor Hermann)

Support Team:
    theo.j22 (Tushar Jain)
    DankBoi (Apoorva Kr. Srivastava)

Contributors
    Electimon
    SyberHexen
    Jleeblanch
    Erfanoabdi
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/Havoc-OS[/URL]

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest
    Based On: Aosp

Version Information

Created 2020-02-27
    Last Updated 2020-04-12

Update Log:

12-March-20: Fixed VoLTE
    Add MotoExtras to settings
    Added KCAL to kernel and MotoExtras
    Fixed a MotoCam Bug
    Use Coral Fingerprint
    10-March-20:
    08-March-20: Update to Havoc OS 3.3 and fix some settings errors :)
    03-March-20: Improve UI performance :)
    29-Feb-20: Fixed calling audio issues, thank @erfanoabdi

Last edited:

justcallmeTHEKID

May 10, 2012
    Elyria
    So how is this rom Working for people is it good wanna try it but don't wanna have problems
    far as i can tell, everything works except my mic. probably something i did but you might wanna test it after first install. I mostly text so its not a huge issue for me honestly. and i use a bluetooth headset most of the time
    UPDATE: fresh installed again and mic is working. must had just been a bug.

Last edited:

cgrimm9

Sep 4, 2010
    I use adaptive storage on my SD card and having issues running apps on the phone I have to switch the location for the apps to work

flash713

• May 7, 2015
    Texas
    Google Pixel 4 XL
    How to put TWRP on this custom?

I make this comment assuming that you already have installed factory image and flashed the copy-partition-ab.zip previous to doing anything I say here. I only say that because I wouldn't want you to brick. If you have already done all that then just flash rom and reboot system like it says in the op. Then boot recovery again: fastboot boot twrp.img and install your gapps, magisk, recovery installer zip or whatever because if you try and flash it ALL at once it may not boot. Also as the op says after you install the rom and reboot system your phone may boot into recovery (stock) and prompt you to factory reset. If so select yes and do it otherwise it will not boot. I use a USB stick and keep things on it for my phones just in case. Makes it so much easier!

If you're already using havoc just: sudo fastboot boot twrp.img Then in twrp flash twrp installer zip from twrp site and reboot system.

You should be good then and twrp should then be installed. If it freezes up on you (if touch screen quits working) just boot back into bootloader manually (holding volume down+ power buttons) and boot recovery again through fastboot again... If touch quits working on recovery it will eventually work again, always has for me, but that's what I did and it worked. I actually don't even install recovery now I just use fastboot to boot twrp (or orange fox recovery) when I need to and I don't pull fancy stuff when I'm nowhere near my house. lol. Seems like twrp works better and has no freezes if I don't install it but it does freeze up when I have installed it in the past.. ? Also if you aren't already a member of the Moto G7 Power telegram group definitely check that out. But I recommended using a free app to get another phone # to use for making telegram account because if you use your real one they will spam the ______ outa you! The app named Text Free worked for me for that and telegram accepted the VoIP #..
    @Electimon You're awesome! Really appreciate your time spent on this!! Does Havoc have signature spoofing? Seems like i read that somewhere about Havoc having it.. Soon as I make this post I'll check and also see if the patch got updated here on xda for 10/Q to add spoofing if its not. If I find a way to make it spoof if its not spoofing I'll report back. ?? Thanks again!!! :good: :cowboy:

toxinburn

Jul 11, 2013
    Ward
    Moto G Stylus

I wound up going back to latest stock I have nothing but bricks and softbricks anytime i flash twrp permanently on all roms I really wanted to try this also :( I guess ill wait a lil til things are more stable but i bookmarked the page I think its cause its a/b device so i mean the first thing I flash is the A/b retention zip then i flash the I try to boot to roms and they just send me back to recovery or will show logos for bit before freezing and bootlooping but the link you sent is first time ive seen it say flash roms to both a and b, amd twrp, what about gapps and magisk would they also need to be flashed to both a and b? I am guessing that is why I keep having issues I just figured id ask before I try this again I had thought th ab retention files made it where all things flashed would go to a and b on their own after flashing that but that appears to not be the case I wish I could find step by step instructions for flashing a rom to these ab devices I really want to try something beside stock but I have had nohing but probs last time i got lucky found a single command that put phone in edl mode no other way worked that I had found wish I had not been a bonehead and saved that command because it makes the blank flash work perfectly and was how i finallly revived my device.

flash713

• May 7, 2015
    Texas
    Google Pixel 4 XL
    I wound up going back to latest stock I have nothing but bricks and softbricks anytime i flash twrp permanently on all roms I really wanted to try this also :( I guess ill wait a lil til things are more stable but i bookmarked the page I think its cause its a/b device so i mean the first thing I flash is the A/b retention zip then i flash the I try to boot to roms and they just send me back to recovery or will show logos for bit before freezing and bootlooping but the link you sent is first time ive seen it say flash roms to both a and b, amd twrp, what about gapps and magisk would they also need to be flashed to both a and b? I am guessing that is why I keep having issues I just figured id ask before I try this again I had thought th ab retention files made it where all things flashed would go to a and b on their own after flashing that but that appears to not be the case I wish I could find step by step instructions for flashing a rom to these ab devices I really want to try something beside stock but I have had nohing but probs last time i got lucky found a single command that put phone in edl mode no other way worked that I had found wish I had not been a bonehead and saved that command because it makes the blank flash work perfectly and was how i finallly revived my device.

I'm not sure whats up but the place to read up and learn or should I say another place to learn is telegram group for G7 power. I go read backwards there from most recent comment up for hours sometimes. I used to immediately rip my phones out the box when I got em and unlock bootloader and flash a Aosp rom but I've learned through killing a few to read everything I can first for a few weeks then operate. I was lucky to bring this one back all the times thanks to blank flash and the guys telling he keep trying it. I believe its all about the USB cable and having steady communication on the blank flash. I have no issues installing recovery but when i have it locks up on me so I just boot it when I need to and works good.

I did all the steps and my g7 power is in hardbrick, model XT1955-2

I have a 1955 5 aka metro by tmobile g7 power and ever since I joined the Moto G7 power telegram group and learned about how to do things I've not bricked but when this phone came out I immediately grabbed it on day 2 and hard bricked it and bricked it a few more times and brought it back every time using blank flash. Sometimes it took a while to get the blank flash to run atw through but eventually it did and I was able to boot to bootloader and fastboot factory image.. if you aren't already on telegram group it has a TON of information and everyone is really cool and helpful. Best group I've ever been around! The group is @mg7Power

Reactions: 1StuLucky1

cgrimm9

Sep 4, 2010
    Any Gapps package working?

Try installing everything without a micro SD card I. It was culprit that gave me hours and hours of troubke

KUSANAGUI

Jul 10, 2019
    Lima
    I'm not sure whats up but the place to read up and learn or should I say another place to learn is telegram group for G7 power. I go read backwards there from most recent comment up for hours sometimes. I used to immediately rip my phones out the box when I got em and unlock bootloader and flash a Aosp rom but I've learned through killing a few to read everything I can first for a few weeks then operate. I was lucky to bring this one back all the times thanks to blank flash and the guys telling he keep trying it. I believe its all about the USB cable and having steady communication on the blank flash. I have no issues installing recovery but when i have it locks up on me so I just boot it when I need to and works good.

I have a 1955 5 aka metro by tmobile g7 power and ever since I joined the Moto G7 power telegram group and learned about how to do things I've not bricked but when this phone came out I immediately grabbed it on day 2 and hard bricked it and bricked it a few more times and brought it back every time using blank flash. Sometimes it took a while to get the blank flash to run atw through but eventually it did and I was able to boot to bootloader and fastboot factory image.. if you aren't already on telegram group it has a TON of information and everyone is really cool and helpful. Best group I've ever been around! The group is @mg7Power
    I sent my smartphone to the technical service because no method of his group served me, I will never root again, install rom, or twrp. To any smartphone that has a / b partitions, my moto x play has not given me headaches like this g7 power.
    THANKS

flash713

• May 7, 2015
    Texas
    Google Pixel 4 XL
    I sent my smartphone to the technical service because no method of his group served me, I will never root again, install rom, or twrp. To any smartphone that has a / b partitions, my moto x play has not given me headaches like this g7 power.
    THANKS

I felt same at first. And not all A/B partitioned phones are like this one. My Pixel XL is A/B and I musta flashed it thousands of times and never bricked. I think with this forum there are a few different models of the same device and it can be confusing AF. Or the fact that my phone is a Metro G7 Power and it uses RETUS, retail US firmware and won't flash the metro firmware. I tried more than once early on. My other device is a xiaomi mi mix 2 I purchased off swappa a while back for $140 and it's a Aonly 64 bit device and flashes just like the last 39 or so phones and tablets I owned in the past. Maybe look at A only devices. There are tons of them. For some reason it took me a while to fully understand the whole A/B partitioning deal even though I read everything known to man on it here and other places. I've had to figure things out a few times through trial and error just because what seems to work for others doesn't for me. As soon as I get a tripod I'm going to throw some videos up on YouTube of how I install roms and flash firmware and things like that. I believe the big thing for this device that throws some people off is the different models idk... I hear you though. I bet money that maybe not all but most people who didn't get the blank flash to work didn't do it enough. It's a tedious mission. While im grateful that we have the blank flashes I'm definitely not trying to do it all again because it was a very long process for me every time I did it. Lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      When I install any custom recovery on my device whether it be orange fox or TWRP it sometimes freezes and the touch screen locks up. That's why I use my computer and just sent fastboot command to my phone when I need to use recovery and instead of installing recovery I boot recovery. I get no freezes doing that. It's a real pain in the butt when touchscreen does lock up because you can't do anything. When it has happened to me I just manually boot back into bootloader and continue booting back to recovery until it does register my touches on the screen.
      This boot img allows touchscreen hxxps://f.emvn.me/android-roms-and-stuff/twrp.3.4-kakarot.boot.img
      a3741bfbfe4b8f6e7a736e4195d2ec2d6e11.jpg

About

Havoc-OS 3.x is based on AOSP, inspired by Google Pixel.
      Has a refined Material Design 2 UI by @SKULSHADY.
      So many features that you probably won't find in any ROM.
      All you can dream of and all you'll ever need.
      Just flash and enjoy...

Whats working?
      Wifi
      RIL
      Mobile data
      Camera
      Flashlight
      Camcorder
      Bluetooth
      Lights
      Sound / vibration
      VoLTE

Known Issues?
      You tell me :)

Links
      Rom

Installation
      Remove your Google account.
      Flash latest firmware with the set of commands attached.
      "Fastboot boot" TWRP/OrangeFOX, flash copypartitions.zip and flash ROM.
      Boot system..
      Optional: boot TWRP/OFOX after the first boot, and flash recovery installer/Magisk/GApps.
      Set of commands: https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4955977&d=1582350851

If you face any boot loop issue kindly format data and cache.

Contact me on telegram

Credits
      LineageOS ([url]https://github.com/LineageOS[/URL])
      Crdroid ([url]https://github.com/crdroidandroid[/URL])
      Pixel Experience ([url]https://github.com/PixelExperience[/URL])
      Nitrogen Project ([url]https://github.com/nitrogen-project[/URL])
      Omnirom ([url]https://github.com/omnirom[/URL])
      MSM-Xtended Team ([url]https://github.com/Project-Xtended[/URL])
      Skydragon ([url]https://gitlab.com/HolyDragonProject[/URL])
      Syberia Project ([url]https://github.com/syberia-project[/URL])
      And all the other Developers, Testers, Donators and Users.

Team
      Lead Developer
      SKULSHADY (Anushek Prasal)
      ZeNiXxX (Viktor Hermann)

Support Team:
      theo.j22 (Tushar Jain)
      DankBoi (Apoorva Kr. Srivastava)

Contributors
      Electimon
      SyberHexen
      Jleeblanch
      Erfanoabdi
      Source Code: [url]https://github.com/Havoc-OS[/URL]

ROM OS Version: Android 10
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
      ROM Firmware Required: Latest
      Based On: Aosp

Version Information

Created 2020-02-27
      Last Updated 2020-04-12

Update Log:

12-March-20: Fixed VoLTE
      Add MotoExtras to settings
      Added KCAL to kernel and MotoExtras
      Fixed a MotoCam Bug
      Use Coral Fingerprint
      10-March-20:
      08-March-20: Update to Havoc OS 3.3 and fix some settings errors :)
      03-March-20: Improve UI performance :)
      29-Feb-20: Fixed calling audio issues, thank @erfanoabdi
      You guys are bringing it to the G7 Power!! Awesome work!! [emoji16]

Sent from my mi mix 2 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

I did all the steps and my g7 power is in hardbrick, model XT1955-2

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone