[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][G770F/FD][10] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

Vaughnn

Jun 2, 2017
qwPDwgc.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
  1. Flash Lineage Recovery and use the instruction from there to flash it, or flash TWRP
  2. Format Data/Factory Reset
  3. Flash the build (Use adb sideload, or push the file to sdcard with mtp)
  4. Reboot

Or if you want to flash gapps or magisk
  5. Reboot to recovery again
  6. Flash Gapps (Optional)
  7. Flash Magisk (Optional)
  8. Reboot

If you have issues with installing Gapps or Magisk because of "Failed to mount /system". Go to Advanced -> Mount /system

Download: r5q

Notes:
  • VoLTE, IMS, and other samsung specific stock rom features wont be ported or fixed.
  • CTS won't ever pass anymore, because google have rolled out Hardware Attestation SafetyNet for our device. Basically, CTS will fail if you unlocked your bootloader.
  • Screen would sometimes flicker after or before using the fingerprint, just a disclaimer that i wont be responsible if theres a person with epilepsy using this build

Support Group: Telegram

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

I do this kind of stuff on my free time. If you like my work, please consider making a donation by clicking the link below.
Paypal

Screenshot:

Archive link: Github Releases

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][G770F/FD][10] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite

Contributors
Vaughnn
Source Code: https://github.com/mainey/android_kernel_samsung_r5q

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: CTI1 or newer

Version Information
Beta

Created 2020-08-28
Last Updated 2020-11-24

Last edited:

jaskirat1989

Aug 6, 2012
Awesome!
Finally a custom ROM.

I love the phone, but hate the fact that it doesn't have a Pro mode in the camera.

How's the ROM? Stable? And does the camera have a pro mode?

sandeep_kumar

Feb 21, 2017
Indore
Looks nice, I am waiting for the official ROMs.
I have been a oneplus 3t user in which I tried almost every ROM on my phone. I am very curious to try out various ROMs on my samsung s10 lite.
Thanks for the developers who work hard to live the phone younger all time.

jshmeek

Nov 1, 2020
Thanks for posting this rom, I really appreciate your work on this. I just unlocked my boatloader last night, installed recovery and got this loaded up. Really enjoying it so far, no issues to report as of now (stable). Battery life seems about as good as stock. One question though, is there any way with AOSP roms to get the fingerprint scanner to work from sleep and not just the lock screen? That's the only downside I have found between this rom and stock thus far (I really liked just putting my finger on the scanner to awake and unlock the device at once).

Thanks again for your work; looking forward to further updates!

i dunno what iam doing wrong. iam not able to sideload this rom.
first of all, the recovery is this tar file, right?
KERNEL-G770FXXU3CTJ1.tar
https://github.com/mainey/release-r5q/releases

so many files,im coming from nexus/pixel....a bit lost :D

second, when i try to sideload this rom
lineage-17.1-20201008-UNOFFICIAL-r5q.zip

it stops exactly at 47%
every time. iam not sure what iam missing here. i follow the steps, but it seems not to finish.

Signature verification failed : error 21
Install from ADB completed with status 2 Installation aborted

any advice would be useful.i googled a bit.found soemthing about a maybe locked bootloader? but iam rooted, my bootloader should be unlocked. tried different cables, tried to download the file different ways to check if file corrupted...every time the same error. seems weird. stops at exact same point

maybe a recovery issue, something i did wrong there?

Last edited:

jshmeek

Nov 1, 2020
i dunno what iam doing wrong. iam not able to sideload this rom.
first of all, the recovery is this tar file, right?
KERNEL-G770FXXU3CTJ1.tar

so many files,im coming from nexus/pixel....a bit lost :D

second, when i try to sideload this rom
lineage-17.1-20201008-UNOFFICIAL-r5q.zip

it stops exactly at 47%
every time. iam not sure what iam missing here. i follow the steps, but it seems not to finish.

any advice would be useful.i googled a bit.found soemthing about a maybe locked bootloader? but iam rooted, my bootloader should be unlocked. tried different cables, tried to download the file different ways to check if file corrupted...every time the same error. seems weird. stops at exact same point

maybe a recovery issue, something i did wrong there?

I was having the same issue and was perplexed. The kernel.tar file IS NOT the recovery file, the link is a bit misleading. It's at the bottom of that page titled "LineageOS Recovery 20200818". When I tried installing it and was getting the same issue, I was using the stock recovery and getting that error. The "LineageOS Recovery 20200818" is what you're looking for.

jshmeek

Nov 1, 2020
How much SOT with this rom?

I'm half way through my second day at 48% screen on time, about 90% of it on WIFI, with 5hrs 31mins of screen on time (mostly internet browsing and about an hour and a half of video streaming). Hard to say depending on specific uses, but I am very satisfied. It's at least equivalent to stock if not better.

I was having the same issue and was perplexed. The kernel.tar file IS NOT the recovery file, the link is a bit misleading. It's at the bottom of that page titled "LineageOS Recovery 20200818". When I tried installing it and was getting the same issue, I was using the stock recovery and getting that error. The "LineageOS Recovery 20200818" is what you're looking for.

this should be a sticky post! thank you :good:
everythign works like a charm now.

how about magisk? when i have the lineage recovery and run lineageos, can i simply sideload it in recovery? or do i need to follow samsung specific magisk instructions on the github page?

jack winchester

Dec 24, 2013
Can I still flash it after the android 11 one ui 3.0 update? I tried using twrp but it always kept booting on fastboot mode, I guess the bootloader is of different version. I guess i will have to wait till someone introduces android 11 based custom rom for s10 lite.

ammarvora

Aug 27, 2011
Bhuj
Can I still flash it after the android 11 one ui 3.0 update? I tried using twrp but it always kept booting on fastboot mode, I guess the bootloader is of different version. I guess i will have to wait till someone introduces android 11 based custom rom for s10 lite.

Hey, bro lineageos 18.1 is already available, you can flash that :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    qwPDwgc.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    1. Flash Lineage Recovery and use the instruction from there to flash it, or flash TWRP
    2. Format Data/Factory Reset
    3. Flash the build (Use adb sideload, or push the file to sdcard with mtp)
    4. Reboot

Or if you want to flash gapps or magisk
    5. Reboot to recovery again
    6. Flash Gapps (Optional)
    7. Flash Magisk (Optional)
    8. Reboot

If you have issues with installing Gapps or Magisk because of "Failed to mount /system". Go to Advanced -> Mount /system

Download: r5q

Notes:
    • VoLTE, IMS, and other samsung specific stock rom features wont be ported or fixed.
    • CTS won't ever pass anymore, because google have rolled out Hardware Attestation SafetyNet for our device. Basically, CTS will fail if you unlocked your bootloader.
    • Screen would sometimes flicker after or before using the fingerprint, just a disclaimer that i wont be responsible if theres a person with epilepsy using this build

Support Group: Telegram

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

I do this kind of stuff on my free time. If you like my work, please consider making a donation by clicking the link below.
    Paypal

Screenshot:

Archive link: Github Releases

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][G770F/FD][10] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite

Contributors
    Vaughnn
    Source Code: https://github.com/mainey/android_kernel_samsung_r5q

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: CTI1 or newer

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2020-08-28
    Last Updated 2020-11-24
    New releases are now up on https://github.com/mainey/release-r5q/releases/tag/LineageOS-17.1-20201008

Changelogs and instructions on how to upgrade vendor are included in the release note.
    Make sure to mark the repo as watched to get updates on new releases.
    Please report the issues on TG if there's any.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone