• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][G900H][7.1.2] LineageOS 14.1

Search This thread

fhLan

Aug 21, 2016
Yes, I have the same problem with both ROMs. I didn't know that it was because the Magisk hide.

And talking about Magisk Hide, my phone is not able to pass the SafetyNet in Lineage and RR.
firefox beta and gello also don't work. strangely firefox aurora (now firefox nightly) works just fine. can you or anyone look for it and report it at the magisk thread?

thehater1230

Jun 21, 2017
San Jose
so, as i read in the description the only issue is that the volume wont work during a call? Is the call audio working properly or is it any issue? Huge thanks to anybody involved in this build!! :cowboy:

somadsul

Yes, I have the same problem with both ROMs. I didn't know that it was because the Magisk hide.

And talking about Magisk Hide, my phone is not able to pass the SafetyNet in Lineage and RR.

Safety net is not related to rom,
You need update magisk, now that resolved by updated magisk,
Firefox is known bug as this is from source end & solved as well.

greyergandalf

Jun 22, 2017
Take libGLES_mali.so from Lollipop & Marshmallow firmware & replace in system/vendor/lib/egl folder from twrp recovery & set permission 0644 reboot
Try both check which one is working
@somadsul
Thanks, I'll try it!
Do I have to do this everytime that I flash the device or the system partition?
Where do I put the lib file in the lineage source code so that it will be inside the update.zip that is generated?

Edit:
I got the libGLES_mali.so from stock Marshmallow, tried what you said and it didn't help..
I tried 'diff' between libGLES_mali.so from stock, your rom and my rom and they are all exactly the same..
So now I'm trying to download stock Lollipop, but do you think it would help?

Also, how come fevax's CM rom works fine for me? maybe I'll try to take his libGLES..

Last edited:

somadsul

@somadsul
Thanks, I'll try it!
Do I have to do this everytime that I flash the device or the system partition?
Where do I put the lib file in the lineage source code so that it will be inside the update.zip that is generated?

Edit:
I got the libGLES_mali.so from stock Marshmallow, tried what you said and it didn't help..
I tried 'diff' between libGLES_mali.so from stock, your rom and my rom and they are all exactly the same..
So now I'm trying to download stock Lollipop, but do you think it would help?

Also, how come fevax's CM rom works fine for me? maybe I'll try to take his libGLES..

Yes, LOS kernel which is present in LOS github repo want Lollipop libGLES & RR & this unofficial need Marshmallow libGLES

greyergandalf

Jun 22, 2017
Yes, LOS kernel which is present in LOS github repo want Lollipop libGLES & RR & this unofficial need Marshmallow libGLES

What's RR?
And do I need to change the libGLES everytime I flash a rom?
Where do I put this lib in my LOS source so it will be inside the generated flashable zip?

I understand why my custom rom doesnt work - the kernel need lollipop libGLES but the system has marshmallow's...
But how come when I flash your rom it doesnt work? the kernel, system and libGLES are all from the same rom so it should work, right? It's not like my phone is different from everybody elses...

Last edited:

greyergandalf

Jun 22, 2017
RR= Resurrection Remix

You need to place in your source vendor/samsung/k3gxx/proprietary/vendor/lib/egl folder so that will be build in zip

Oh great.. Thanks!
Both lollipop and marshmallow libGLES didn't help :(
So - how come your rom isn't working for me also? It has matching kernel, system and libGLES (inside the system.img) and it works for everybody else..

Last edited:

greyergandalf

Jun 22, 2017
Coz in LOS released build is same kernel from RR

Replacing libGLES to lillipop/marshmallow didn't help :(
Im sorry that I have problem understanding...
When I flash your rom (or anybody's rom), I replace the boot partition and the system partitions.. which means I get your kernel and your system (and libGLES inside)
So I should have good and matching kernel and libGLES when flashing the rom from this thread, right?
I mean, what is different in my device that everybody flashes it succesfully without the need to replace libGLES?

somadsul

Replacing libGLES to lillipop/marshmallow didn't help :(
Im sorry that I have problem understanding...
When I flash your rom (or anybody's rom), I replace the boot partition and the system partitions.. which means I get your kernel and your system (and libGLES inside)
So I should have good and matching kernel and libGLES when flashing the rom from this thread, right?
I mean, what is different in my device that everybody flashes it succesfully without the need to replace libGLES?

Now this confusing :crying:
Are you trying to build 14.1 or 13?
14.1 source is complete & build able that should boot any how I can't say exact problem but no display is only due to libGLES

If possible join telegram group so i can help better
https://t.me/joinchat/ChuPqT6pII4EGhW0tnBmOw

greyergandalf

Jun 22, 2017
Now this confusing :crying:
Are you trying to build 14.1 or 13?
14.1 source is complete & build able that should boot any how I can't say exact problem but no display is only due to libGLES

If possible join telegram group so i can help better
https://t.me/joinchat/ChuPqT6pII4EGhW0tnBmOw

My telegram is not working well.. I'm trying to fix that.. sorry
Lets forget about my rom for a second, I want to make your LOS 14.1 rom work on my device.. because it seems that I'm the only one who has problems with it..
So that's what I do, tell me if I'm wrong:
1. Go to TWRP recovery.
2. Factory reset.
3. Install your rom from TWRP
4. Dalvik wipe (?)
5. Reboot to system.

After doing that, I get the Samsung Galaxy S5 boot logo (not the colorful SAMSUNG logo) and than black screen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team ExyKings Presents...

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review . You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Bugs/Issues :
    • Cannot Change Volume during a Call.

Instructions :

• Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs

• DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

XDA:DevDB Information
    ROM_LineageOS_G900H, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5

Contributors
    somadsul
    Source Code: https://github.com/Exynos5422

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Marshmallow Stock firmware
    Based On: LINEAGEOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2016-12-30
    Beta Release Date: 2017-07-09