Linusrg1

Dec 19, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S9
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:
  • step 1: Unlock BL
  • step 2: Flash TWRP and format data
  • step 3 Flash ROM, Gapps and Magisk
  • step 4 Reboot
  • step 5 Done
Update installation:
  • step 1 Flash ROM
  • step 2 Reboot
  • Do not wipe anything

Download:
Galaxy S9: Download
Galaxy S9 Plus (UNTESTED): Download

Known issues:
voLTE, Samsung proprietary apps, Screen Mirroring

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
crDroid S9/+/Note 9 Telegram
crDroid Community Telegram
Donate to help our team pay server costs

Credits go to:
The crDroid team: Website Github
Synt4x93: Github @Synt4x.93
Lineage os team: Website Github
Big thanks to DeinMathelehrer for helping me get everything up and running: Github @hisoka_simp

Last edited:

Linusrg1

Dec 19, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S9
I've been using this for a day now and I gotta admit, it's so smooth and reliable for now, nothing to argue about! I absolutely love this rom! Thanks for creating this for the S9(+) Hope we'll get more ROMs like this
Perfect thank you so much. I am glad it works. I need a screenshot of it working though to get the dev's approval. His rules not mine. So just dm me a screenshot in xda of it working please, so I can get it validated. (Screenshot of About Phone > Android Version in settings would be best)

Also a word of warning, I may be unable to create a rom for crdroid S (android 12), as I have no idea how to make rom sources. I just know how to compile roms with preexisting sources. So unless someone builds android 12 lineage os or something for the s9 and s9 plus, then the road may end here for this rom unless someone else picks it up.

Perfect thank you so much. I am glad it works. I need a screenshot of it working though to get the dev's approval. His rules not mine. So just dm me a screenshot in xda of it working please, so I can get it validated. (Screenshot of About Phone > Android Version in settings would be best)

Also a word of warning, I may be unable to create a rom for crdroid S (android 12), as I have no idea how to make rom sources. I just know how to compile roms with preexisting sources. So unless someone builds android 12 lineage os or something for the s9 and s9 plus, then the road may end here for this rom unless someone else picks it up.
Here you go:
Screenshot_20210518-145946981.jpg

Reactions: Linusrg1

kidi

Dec 14, 2014
Hrvatska
@Linusrg1 I'm currently on crDroid 7.2, on the S9; can I update to 7.6 just by flashing the rom through twrp? Will that create any side effects maybe? Like losing data and such? I cba to make a backup as it's very high in size.

kidi

Dec 14, 2014
Hrvatska
Thats what I did and it worked fine. If not make a data backup then start off clean.
I mean you sure it won't mess up with magisk manager and tasker? Since I'm just flashing the rom itself and not re-rooting?

EDIT: I've lost root, and it messed up with google apps, as in they were force closing. I've patched the boot.img for magisk to work again as in to re-gain root, and flashed google apps .zip, it seems ok for now. Also it seems it takes a second for the animation to pass through and to be able to enter the pin code on the lock screen after swiping, why's that?

Last edited:

Linusrg1

Dec 19, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S9
I mean you sure it won't mess up with magisk manager and tasker? Since I'm just flashing the rom itself and not re-rooting?

EDIT: I've lost root, and it messed up with google apps, as in they were force closing. I've patched the boot.img for magisk to work again as in to re-gain root, and flashed google apps .zip, it seems ok for now. Also it seems it takes a second for the animation to pass through and to be able to enter the pin code on the lock screen after swiping, why's that?
Because you need to wipe system data cache and dalvik cache flash the rom and then flash data again.

kidi

Dec 14, 2014
Hrvatska
Because you need to wipe system data cache and dalvik cache flash the rom and then flash data again.
It's all okay now, except I found the culprit to the 1-second delay for the animation to step in to enter the pin; when you set up face unlock, that bug appears. When you don't use face unlock but just pin/fingerprint combo, it doesn't have that delay when you swipe on the lock screen to enter pin.

DangerousDays

Jun 14, 2021
I have the SM-960F/DS version of starlte, which I believe has the Exynos chipset, while the American version has the SnapDragon. Does anyone know if this ROM will have any issues on the SM-960F/DS or does the chipset not matter for the ROM?

lordsolrac2

Jul 6, 2012
Gurabo
I have the SM-960F/DS version of starlte, which I believe has the Exynos chipset, while the American version has the SnapDragon. Does anyone know if this ROM will have any issues on the SM-960F/DS or does the chipset not matter for the ROM?
well, for starters, Snapdragon models mostly can't unlock the bootloader. But yes, the exynos models with the latest bootloader (you can install dev base first and then flash this, if you're uncertain) should run this with no problem.

DangerousDays

Jun 14, 2021
well, for starters, Snapdragon models mostly can't unlock the bootloader. But yes, the exynos models with the latest bootloader (you can install dev base first and then flash this, if you're uncertain) should run this with no problem.
Sorry, I am somewhat new to the custom ROM scene. Can you explain to me how to check if I have the latest bootloader, what is the dev base and where I can get it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nice it's working, hope you continue to work on custom Roms
    Nice it's working, hope you continue to work on custom Roms
    Thanks for ur help. I might, but I also have a lot of other things to do.

Here you go:
    Screenshot_20210518-145946981.jpg
    I have backup of everything on my phone so if I loose everything on the phone it's not a big deal...
    I would like to change from Alexis Rom to CrDroid 7.8 (star2lte). Any idea on what could give me the best chance of a dirty flash ?
    Flash crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210715-star2lte-v7.8.zip then NikGapps-full-arm64-11-20210704-signed.zip then Magisk.zip (still have to find it as I only found sofar Magisk-v23.0.apk) then reboot or ?
    Thank you very much !!!
    dirty flash from oneui to AOSP isn't possible. just rename Magisk v23.0.apk to magisk v23.0.zip there isn't a seperation anymore you just rename it