Search This thread

Stricted

Recognized Developer
Apr 3, 2017
Hesse
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S7
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What doesn't work :

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][greatlte][SM-N950F][9] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)

Contributors
Stricted, Ivan_Meler, Vaughnn
Source Code: https://github.com/exynos8895

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-02-13
Last Updated 2019-11-02

Alek7

Aug 21, 2013
Switzerland
Congrats devs :D
Everything except the cam and fingerprint reader as mentionned is working pretty well :good:
In general, the animations/transitions have some latency but it's ok for an alpha build.
Note for users that iris recognition isn't working because of AOSP limitation for now.

If you want to test it safely, you can use this dual boot guide : https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...t/patcher-dualboot-multiboot-samsung-t3683203

zapfel

Feb 14, 2019
first of all: thank you devs for taking on our beloved device!:good:
since open source is the only true sauce, i cannot wait see the progress.

to help you there:
- all the things Alek7 said
- USB-C to HDMI not working(NOT Dex mode, just screenmirroring through cable)
- the in-screen "homebutton": when device is locked you can press it and feel the feedback, but no action. when screen is on -> no response at all.
- wi-fi not working: when i switch it on it turns off again after a second. no amount of clean and/or dirty flashes solves it. flashing different modem versions doesnt help either. only solution is flashing a wifi fix from yash92dusters' lightrom. i cant find it there anymore since it was an older build. funnily enough i had the exact same issue on deluxerom 9.3 and not on lightrom, for what the fix was intended for.

thanks again. once the camera is working i can finally stick to LOS.

Reactions: Alek7 and Txomin4

baddi_smew

Aug 15, 2015
Benghazi
first of all: thank you devs for taking on our beloved device!:good:
since open source is the only true sauce, i cannot wait see the progress.

to help you there:
- all the things Alek7 said
- USB-C to HDMI not working(NOT Dex mode, just screenmirroring through cable)
- the in-screen "homebutton": when device is locked you can press it and feel the feedback, but no action. when screen is on -> no response at all.
- wi-fi not working: when i switch it on it turns off again after a second. no amount of clean and/or dirty flashes solves it. flashing different modem versions doesnt help either. only solution is flashing a wifi fix from yash92dusters' lightrom. i cant find it there anymore since it was an older build. funnily enough i had the exact same issue on deluxerom 9.3 and not on lightrom, for what the fix was intended for.

thanks again. once the camera is working i can finally stick to LOS.

Did u fix the wifi? I can live without camera but i can't live without wifi

R3MIX1

Jul 12, 2018
Can't wait I've been waiting for this since i got my Note8 <3 Thank you so much for your time in making this!
I will have to test it once the bugs are fixed with WIFI/Finger ID/Camera are fixed

kaos_king

Sep 22, 2008
Did u fix the wifi? I can live without camera but i can't live without wifi

I tested last night, had no issues with WiFi (although my test was only for about an hour). The only things I found not working are the ones reported (camera, fingerprint and home button wake up), very good build considering the first one.
Unfortunately for me, camera is a deal breaker so I'm back to my usual for now but will test each release.

Reactions: stonedpsycho

zapfel

Feb 14, 2019
Hey guys. Its true. The Wifi problem exists only for some people. Like i said, i didnt have that problem on lightrom even though the fix was made for it. Unfortunately it is deleted from that post and i cant figure out how to make attachements to post it here:confused::p
Edit: if u have that issue it appears immediately or not at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: kaos_king

baddi_smew

Aug 15, 2015
Benghazi
Hey guys. Its true. The Wifi problem exists only for some people. Like i said, i didnt have that problem on lightrom even though the fix was made for it. Unfortunately it is deleted from that post and i cant figure out how to make attachements to post it here:confused::p
Edit: if u have that issue it appears immediately or not at all.
in lightrom I faced the same issue but I solve it by installing nx kernal.. I tried to install it in this rom but I end with stuck in boot screen

Alek7

Aug 21, 2013
Switzerland
For people having the wifi bug, please update your bootloader and modem to latest versions available (be careful not to install Pie versions if you want to rollback to Samsung Oreo one day) and perform dalvik cache & cache wipe after installing LOS and before rebooting your device

baddi_smew

Aug 15, 2015
Benghazi
For people having the wifi bug, please update your bootloader and modem to latest versions available (be careful not to install Pie versions if you want to rollback to Samsung Oreo one day) and perform dalvik cache & cache wipe after installing LOS and before rebooting your device

Could u share the link for the latest modem and BL for oreo s8?

v0ne

Jun 19, 2015

Is mobile hotspot working? Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What doesn't work :

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][greatlte][SM-N950F][9] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)

Contributors
    Stricted, Ivan_Meler, Vaughnn
    Source Code: https://github.com/exynos8895

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-02-13
    Last Updated 2019-11-02
    new build is up, synced with los source and updated security patch level, this build also has a working mobicore, and fingerprint sensor
    gatekeeper and keystore are also working now, a lot of other bsp side stuff has been updated, Button backlight has been removed from settings, Bixby button can be remaped from settings again, There are a lot more under the hood changes but next build will have even more of them (Including working HWC) Moreover next build will also move to pie kernel and mali gpu drivers, Any donations to stricted or/and me are wlecome as they help us with build server cost and maintanance anyway enjoy the build and prepare for big updates soon

Also note8 builds with working fp are coming a bit later as im waiting for someone to test them
    New build is up here is a brief changelog
    - Upstreamed kernel to 4.4.178
    - Fixed build fingerprint used for CTS
    - Remapped bixby button for vocie assistant
    - Added support for korean device variants
    - Enabled zram
    - Enabled fast charging indicator
    - Fixed wifi on devices that previously had issues with it
    New build is up, Camera works on this one together with video recording (I didnt even have to disable 2nd camera sensor so some apps that can take advantage of it will be able to do so) here is a brief changelog

- Fixed camera
    - Removed loggy that was auto generating logs (This will speed up the device and battery life will be better without it)
    - Added home as a wake key (Virtual home button hard press while screen is off)
    - Mapped bixby as assistant
    - Rewrote vibration hal
    - Added custom bluetooth hal (Should improve bt audio for some people(depends on bt device))
    - Removed doze app (TEMP, it will be added back, Ill imrpove it so it doesnt drain as much battery)
    - Fixed charging while the device is off
    - Fixed bug where battery stats would jump on reboot/shutdown
    - Removed unused LineageHW settings
    - Fixed USB adb and mtp
    - Fixed L3 drm
    - Misc performance and stability improvements
    WHile we are working on hwc build here is another maintanace build with new security update and bug fixes

- Updated security patch to June 2019.
    - Fixed bug where kernel would cause reboot for some users while downloading apps from google play store on wifi
    - Fixed low earpiece volume
    - Misc performance and stability updates

Also i would like to thank everyone who donated as it helps with server cost, And once again i would like to mention we are doing this in our free time free of charge so please dont request any etas, build with hwc is slowly comming together and has more changes that we didnt talk about yet