[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][greatlte][SM-N950F][9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

Raikocs

Dec 31, 2016
Installed today, works great so far after setup.
Interested in how daily usage will go.
Thanks for the effort to bring AOSP rom to Note8, really appreciate it!

RIPPER

Sep 5, 2012
From Heavens
New build is up, Camera works on this one together with video recording (I didnt even have to disable 2nd camera sensor so some apps that can take advantage of it will be able to do so) here is a brief changelog

- Fixed camera
- Removed loggy that was auto generating logs (This will speed up the device and battery life will be better without it)
- Added home as a wake key (Virtual home button hard press while screen is off)
- Mapped bixby as assistant
- Rewrote vibration hal
- Added custom bluetooth hal (Should improve bt audio for some people(depends on bt device))
- Removed doze app (TEMP, it will be added back, Ill imrpove it so it doesnt drain as much battery)
- Fixed charging while the device is off
- Fixed bug where battery stats would jump on reboot/shutdown
- Removed unused LineageHW settings
- Fixed USB adb and mtp
- Fixed L3 drm
- Misc performance and stability improvements
Superb brother!

Voytec83

Apr 25, 2017
Koszalin
New build is up, Camera works on this one together with video recording (I didnt even have to disable 2nd camera sensor so some apps that can take advantage of it will be able to do so) here is a brief changelog

- Fixed camera
- Removed loggy that was auto generating logs (This will speed up the device and battery life will be better without it)
- Rewrote vibration hal
- Added custom bluetooth hal (Should improve bt audio for some people(depends on bt device))
- Removed doze app (TEMP, it will be added back, Ill imrpove it so it doesnt drain as much battery)
- Fixed USB adb and mtp
- Fixed L3 drm

Congrats ?? Steady small (and big like camera) improvements are very important in this case.
Keep it up running! Thx for Your efforts?

Jan 12, 2017
Baunatal
Last edited:

Txomin4

May 7, 2012
Excellent , Google and stock camera are ok for me, WiFi ok, only when connect the audio by bluetooth to the car, it sounds intermittent, any idea? Thank you very much, I love it.

miguelr4720

May 24, 2015
New York
Having Problems With The Bluetooth with Disconnection When Ever i Have My Beats Headphone Pair Into the Rom it Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting Everytime Please Fix Soon Greet Work Hope To See a New Update Soon

ScaleneVirus288

Mar 7, 2016
Poland
LineageOS version: 15.1
LineageOS Download url: https://mega.nz/#!XCIDlYyb!ez8HoC-LS4kLTTz-X1-VBDZahYFX6dGGXl1xOWdYkb8
Gapps version: ARM 64 8.1 nano
wipe: yes
restore with titanium backup: no
reboot after having the issue: yes
a task killer: no
a non-stock kernel: no
other modifications: no

Logcat: https://workupload.com/file/3mSx4N2u

and you should add an Donation button :D i like your work and want to donate :)
Ivan is developer , stricted is publisher. If u wanna donate to dev , Donate to Ivan ;)

Globox

Feb 3, 2007
Oxford
I flashed my Note 8 with Lineage a couple of days ago. No drawing, but can still use the pen to scroll and select/highlight items. I can happily live without the fingerprint reader. Apart from a couple of random reboots, no probs. It's great to finally be free from Google and Facebook. Thanks to Ivan Meler for the development (which is fantastic, since you don't even have a Note 8 to play with!), and Stricted for publishing.

Ivan_Meler

Recognized Developer
Here is a little teaser of thats comming, There is no serious regression so far from what we can tell (Camera needs to be fixed again tho but not that big of a deal as i had to deal with that on s7 too)

SalupTl.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What doesn't work :

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][greatlte][SM-N950F][9] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)

Contributors
    Stricted, Ivan_Meler, Vaughnn
    Source Code: https://github.com/exynos8895

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-02-13
    Last Updated 2019-11-02
    new build is up, synced with los source and updated security patch level, this build also has a working mobicore, and fingerprint sensor
    gatekeeper and keystore are also working now, a lot of other bsp side stuff has been updated, Button backlight has been removed from settings, Bixby button can be remaped from settings again, There are a lot more under the hood changes but next build will have even more of them (Including working HWC) Moreover next build will also move to pie kernel and mali gpu drivers, Any donations to stricted or/and me are wlecome as they help us with build server cost and maintanance anyway enjoy the build and prepare for big updates soon

Also note8 builds with working fp are coming a bit later as im waiting for someone to test them
    New build is up here is a brief changelog
    - Upstreamed kernel to 4.4.178
    - Fixed build fingerprint used for CTS
    - Remapped bixby button for vocie assistant
    - Added support for korean device variants
    - Enabled zram
    - Enabled fast charging indicator
    - Fixed wifi on devices that previously had issues with it

- Fixed camera
    - Rewrote vibration hal
    - Fixed USB adb and mtp
    - Fixed L3 drm
    WHile we are working on hwc build here is another maintanace build with new security update and bug fixes

- Updated security patch to June 2019.
    - Fixed bug where kernel would cause reboot for some users while downloading apps from google play store on wifi
    - Fixed low earpiece volume
    - Misc performance and stability updates

Also i would like to thank everyone who donated as it helps with server cost, And once again i would like to mention we are doing this in our free time free of charge so please dont request any etas, build with hwc is slowly comming together and has more changes that we didnt talk about yet
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone