• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][gta4xl/gta4xlwifi][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy Tab S6 Lite

Search This thread

Linux4

I got an error during installation with lineage recovery:
E: Signature verification failed E:error: 21

I tried both the 0322 and the 0325 builds and tried to use SD card install as well as sideloading. Every time the same result.
What am I doing wrong?

EDIT because it probably matters: I am on the latest firmware
Signatures of these files are correct, you either have a corrupted file or you are trying to install e.g Magisk, if that's the case there's an Option to install anyways

Reactions: Arbelzapf

Arbelzapf

Oct 29, 2010
Signatures of these files are correct, you either have a corrupted file or you are trying to install e.g Magisk, if that's the case there's an Option to install anyways
Yeah I'm dumb. I've actually never seen lineage recovery before, so I just didn't notice that despite having flashed the recovery successfully, it was still booting the stock recovery. I need to check again why and how that happened

EDIT: Alright, it's a very specific dance you need to perform in order to boot into lineage recovery. Cable needs to STAY PLUGGED, and then you need to hold power & Vol- and IMMEDIATELY switch to holding down Power & Vol+
I now flashed LOS and will hopefully boot successfully

Last edited:

MaitreManta

Oct 5, 2019
Hello,
I have a problem booting to recovery. I was on Android 11 Stock Rom, unlocked the bootloader and flashed the lineageos 18.1 recovery. Now I try to boot to recovery by holding Vol(+) & Power button, but nothing happens. The tablet starts, shows the unlocked bootloader message and boots to the system, even tho I am pressing Vol(+) & Power button the whole time.
Any ideas?

Edit:
Solved.

Last edited:

Linux4

Hello,
I have a problem booting to recovery. I was on Android 11 Stock Rom, unlocked the bootloader and flashed the lineageos 18.1 recovery. Now I try to boot to recovery by holding Vol(+) & Power button, but nothing happens. The tablet starts, shows the unlocked bootloader message and boots to the system, even tho I am pressing Vol(+) & Power button the whole time.
Any ideas?

On R firmware it seems you need to have the tablet plugged into a computer while pressing recovery key combination (like it already was with Download mode on Q)

Reactions: MaitreManta

DAE1964

Apr 15, 2012
Grande Prairie, AB
Was on stock ui 3.1 and received a silent message suggesting I install McAfee antivirus. I immediately downloaded and installed this without hesitation. Great job and good bye Samsung bloat.

Last edited:

Chnouphi

Oct 3, 2020
Hello..
The most recent LOS build (3.25) flashes fine, but patching the boot.img via Magisk and flashing it results in a bootloop. I can reflash the zip and it boots fine again, but no root. Magisk does not report any errors when patching the image. I am using the wifi version. Any idea why it might be doing this?

Thanks.

Hello..
The most recent LOS build (3.25) flashes fine, but patching the boot.img via Magisk and flashing it results in a bootloop. I can reflash the zip and it boots fine again, but no root. Magisk does not report any errors when patching the image. I am using the wifi version. Any idea why it might be doing this?

Thanks.
Download the latest magisk.apk and rename the file as a .zip then flash in recovery, I usually do a factory reset after doing this but you probably don't need to I just like playing it safe.

Chnouphi

Oct 3, 2020
Download the latest magisk.apk and rename the file as a .zip then flash in recovery, I usually do a factory reset after doing this but you probably don't need to I just like playing it safe.

I tried that but it made no difference. In different orders too, just to see if it gave a different result. When reflashing the rom, it reports it can't find addon.d and suggests magisk was wiped (not true) or not decrypted...and that is after flashing the zipped magisk (again, tried both before and after flashing the rom). From that point, it boots normally, but if I go back and flash the (patched) boot image, it bootloops. Also tried flashing the image before rebooting, etc, no go.

I tried that but it made no difference. In different orders too, just to see if it gave a different result. When reflashing the rom, it reports it can't find addon.d and suggests magisk was wiped (not true) or not decrypted...and that is after flashing the zipped magisk (again, tried both before and after flashing the rom). From that point, it boots normally, but if I go back and flash the (patched) boot image, it bootloops. Also tried flashing the image before rebooting, etc, no go.
Yes that error is normal when doing a clean flash, not sure why you keep trying to flash the patched boot image you made with magisk instead of just making the magisk apk a zip file and then flashing that with Lineage recovery, NOT the patched image you create with the application.
Flashing the boot.img you made is clearly causing problems so just try doing it the way I mentioned in this post and my previous post.

Reactions: DAE1964

Chnouphi

Oct 3, 2020
Yes that error is normal when doing a clean flash, not sure why you keep trying to flash the patched boot image you made with magisk instead of just making the magisk apk a zip file and then flashing that with Lineage recovery, NOT the patched image you create with the application.
Flashing the boot.img you made is clearly causing problems so just try doing it the way I mentioned in this post and my previous post.
Well, because I have always done it that way, based on instructions from somewhere or another, and it's always worked. However, it's not making a difference in this case. Omitting that step, if I a) flash the 03.25 rom, then b) flash the Magisk file as a zip (yes, it is the most recent version), I can't boot into the system, it just hangs on the screen. Even with no patched image involved, and from Lineage recovery. I guess it's time to do factory reset, or wait until the next release. Thank you though.

Well, because I have always done it that way, based on instructions from somewhere or another, and it's always worked. However, it's not making a difference in this case. Omitting that step, if I a) flash the 03.25 rom, then b) flash the Magisk file as a zip (yes, it is the most recent version), I can't boot into the system, it just hangs on the screen. Even with no patched image involved, and from Lineage recovery. I guess it's time to do factory reset, or wait until the next release. Thank you though.
Weird I did a clean install today with the latest update and its working perfectly (WiFi model), maybe try doing a factory reset after adb flashing magisk.zip? I know at least for me after flashing magisk on stock firmware (modified boot.img) it needed a factory reset to even boot so this could be the problem. Could even be the version of open gapps you downloaded (if you used gapps) personally I'm using the pico version with no problems at all.

Chnouphi

Oct 3, 2020
Weird I did a clean install today with the latest update and its working perfectly (WiFi model), maybe try doing a factory reset after adb flashing magisk.zip? I know at least for me after flashing magisk on stock firmware (modified boot.img) it needed a factory reset to even boot so this could be the problem. Could even be the version of open gapps you downloaded (if you used gapps) personally I'm using the pico version with no problems at all.
Update: I flashed the 03.22 release, then flashed the Magisk zip, and that's working fine. Not sure what's different about the 03.25 release, but good enough. Thanks again.

Reactions: Nervusrek

Arbelzapf

Oct 29, 2010
The only remarkable thing I noticed so far is that the recent apps are sometimes upside down (I enabled all rotation options and use immersive gestures if it matters ).

Very stable rom, thank you!

archy112

Mar 21, 2014
I have been using this ROM for a few days now. It works excellent. Thanks for your work! I really enjoy using the Tab with Lineage. It is way faster than Samsung's bloatware android.

Everything works as expected. I did notice two crashes. I haven't found the cause of these crashes yet. Without any warning or crash notification, the tablet shutsdown and reboots. Up on reboot lineage's recovery is started with a warning "System may be corrupted.." I then chose to reboot again and it boots back to normal lineage os.

I installed:
  • lineage-18.1-20210328-UNOFFICIAL-gta4xlwifi.zip
  • open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20210130-TEST.zip
  • Magisk-v22.0.zip (installed via adb sideload)
active magisk's modules:
  • systemless hosts v1.0
  • universal safetynet fix v1.1.1
  • MagiskHide Props Config v5.4.0-v123

I attached a logcat.txt but keep in mind that this logcat was created after reboot.
If you need any additional info, feel free to ask. :)

Thanks again for this rom and happy eastern! :)

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    1 MB · Views: 5

mu1989

Feb 22, 2020
I have been using this ROM for a few days now. It works excellent. Thanks for your work! I really enjoy using the Tab with Lineage. It is way faster than Samsung's bloatware android.

Everything works as expected. I did notice two crashes. I haven't found the cause of these crashes yet. Without any warning or crash notification, the tablet shutsdown and reboots. Up on reboot lineage's recovery is started with a warning "System may be corrupted.." I then chose to reboot again and it boots back to normal lineage os.

I installed:
  • lineage-18.1-20210328-UNOFFICIAL-gta4xlwifi.zip
  • open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20210130-TEST.zip
  • Magisk-v22.0.zip (installed via adb sideload)
active magisk's modules:
  • systemless hosts v1.0
  • universal safetynet fix v1.1.1
  • MagiskHide Props Config v5.4.0-v123

I attached a logcat.txt but keep in mind that this logcat was created after reboot.
If you need any additional info, feel free to ask. :)

Thanks again for this rom and happy eastern! :)
Hey
First, is this an April joke? ;)
your Magisk modules have no do symbiosis, honestly wonder why ????
the UniversalSafetyNetFix and MagiskHideProps do not work together to my knowledge.
UniversalSafetyNetFix should set the EvalType from HARDWARE to Basic, but this is not required with the Tab.

wish you also happy Easter

flitzjoy

Sep 17, 2008
São Paulo
Hey
First, is this an April joke? ;)
your Magisk modules have no do symbiosis, honestly wonder why ????
the UniversalSafetyNetFix and MagiskHideProps do not work together to my knowledge.
UniversalSafetyNetFix should set the EvalType from HARDWARE to Basic, but this is not required with the Tab.

wish you also happy Easter
You need universal fix to change evaltype to basic AND MagiskHideProps to change the finger print to a stock one. It's the only way to pass the cts.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Note: You may use Odin instead of Heimdall, for this you will need to rename the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar archive.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_gta4xl
    New (testing/beta) builds which will also work on OneUI 3 firmware are up:

I have uploaded new builds, as Lineage is now based on the new AOSP feature drop it's now 18.1
    Yikes, I installed the latest update when it asked, and it, upon success with no errors resulted in the total wipe of the tablet. Was thankfully able to get back to stock. Think I'm going to pass on ever using lineageOS again after that.

That's why the instructions tell you to use lineage recovery ...
    It's TWRP's fault, not Lineage's.
    I guess there's no other way than fully taking down TWRP downloads for stopping people from using TWRP on official 17.1 and 18.1 (it initially worked on my unofficial 17.1 because that didn't have FBE enabled, that's the only reason why there's TWRP at all)
    Thanks man! Can we dirty flash it on top of Lineage 18.0 with just dalvik/cache cleanup? Our does it require a full wipe?

Dirty flashing should work.