[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][gta4xl/gta4xlwifi][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy Tab S6 Lite

Search This thread

Linux4

Recognized Developer
1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
Note: You may use Odin instead of Heimdall, for this you will need to rename the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar archive.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
Telegram group

Contributors
Linux4
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_gta4xl

Last edited:

Linux4

Recognized Developer
CHANGELOG

2021-01-23

2021-01-16
  • Fixed hotspot

2021-01-15
  • Fixed wifi direct

2021-01-07
  • Update to Linux 4.14.213
  • 2021-01-05 system securitypatch
  • 2020-12-01 vendor securitypatch
  • Improved BT audio quality (BT audio HAL v2)
  • Improved performance and batterylife

2020-12-12
  • Update to Linux 4.14.210
  • Add glove mode / high touch sensitivity mode
  • 2020-12-05 system securitypatch

2020-11-24
  • Enable MAC randomization again
  • Netflix now works without liboemcrypto disabler (L3 only, Samsung doesn't seem to allow L1 with custom ROM installed)
  • Fixed small UI lags
  • 2020-11-01 vendor securitypatch

2020-11-19
  • Fixed RIL on LTE variant

2020-11-18
  • Initial release

Last edited:

Chnouphi

Oct 3, 2020
Linux4: Tried to install last night; wiped data and cache per the instructions and checked that /data was ext4. Flash failed with errors "failed to mount /odm (invalid argument) ', with similar errors for /product and /vendor, and I believe /system_root as well. Tried reformatting partions (except storage partitions) and full factory reset, all ending in the same errors described above. Rebooting defaulted into fastboot mode. I reflashed 17.1 and everything worked, and now back to normal. NB: I'm not a developer, and still in the process of learning the ins and outs of Android. Again, thank you for your work on this ROM!

mu1989

Feb 22, 2020
Linux4: Tried to install last night; wiped data and cache per the instructions and checked that /data was ext4. Flash failed with errors "failed to mount /odm (invalid argument) ', with similar errors for /product and /vendor, and I believe /system_root as well. Tried reformatting partions (except storage partitions) and full factory reset, all ending in the same errors described above. Rebooting defaulted into fastboot mode. I reflashed 17.1 and everything worked, and now back to normal. NB: I'm not a developer, and still in the process of learning the ins and outs of Android. Again, thank you for your work on this ROM!

Installation Lineage OS 17.1/18 and bitgapps
1) Boot TWRP ( #twrp3.4.0-3-wifi , #twrp3.4.0.3-lte )
2) Wipe - > Format Data - > yes
3) Install LINEAGEOS 17.1/18.0
4) Wipe Cache/Dalvik
5) Reboot System
6) Install bitgapps Q/R (#bitgapps)
7) Wipe Cache/Dalvik
8) Reboot
9)Enjoy Enjoy

Did you do it that way???

And which twrp did you use?

I have installed both variants, unfortunately don't check out at xda so often, if any questions are happy to report via Telegram (Support Group)

Last edited:
Reactions: Razuuu

Chnouphi

Oct 3, 2020
Up to step 3, which is where the errors occurred. Progressing beyond that did not appear to be an option.

Iceman66

Aug 7, 2013
I tried to install Lineage 18 several times, but failed.

I'm on latest TWRP v.3.
Changed /data to Ext4 partition
Factory reset
Format data ->yes
reboot recovery
Install lineage 18 from external SD-card
Reboot system.

After 1 failed boot, system boots into TWRP again.
When installing Lineage again, TWRP gives message in red text "Android Rescue Party trigger! Possible solutions? Either:
1. Wipe caches, and/or
2. Format data, and/or
3. Clean flash your ROM.

The reported problem is:
"-reason=set_policy_failed:/data/app'

Linux4

Recognized Developer
I tried to install Lineage 18 several times, but failed.

I'm on latest TWRP v.3.
Changed /data to Ext4 partition
Factory reset
Format data ->yes
reboot recovery
Install lineage 18 from external SD-card
Reboot system.

After 1 failed boot, system boots into TWRP again.
When installing Lineage again, TWRP gives message in red text "Android Rescue Party trigger! Possible solutions? Either:
1. Wipe caches, and/or
2. Format data, and/or
3. Clean flash your ROM.

The reported problem is:
"-reason=set_policy_failed:/data/app'

This is because TWRP doesn't wipe /data/media and other things, someone at TWRP might have thought it would be a good idea to make factory reset not wipe everything but it completely breaks FBE.
You could run rm -rf /data/* (will really delete everything on /data) from TWRP shell to fix this problem, I will upload lineage recovery builds later/tomorrow with which this will not happen.

Last edited:

mu1989

Feb 22, 2020
Thx, that did the trick. :)
Rooted with Magisk 21.1 Beta, did not pass Safetynet.

1) install Magisk Hide props
2) open terminal
3) su
4) 1 edit device fingerprint
5) f pick a certificated fingerprint
6) search one plus (21)
7) I took the one plus 8t (android 11) (44)
8) y and y
8) Reboot

Look afterwards if magisk hide is activated and magisk is hidden

Last edited:
Reactions: eluminx and Razuuu

pyst2

Nov 20, 2020
Mine says only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed (recovery) on the twrp step.

Chnouphi

Oct 3, 2020
Hello all. Tried flashing again, with identical results described previously. Booted to TWRP 3.4.0, then factory reset followed by format data - - > yes, rebooted into recovery, then tried flashing 18 (not directly after wiping like I did before). Same 'failed to mount /odm (etc), invalid arguement' errors. (Sorry, neglected to do a screen grab.)

mu1989

Feb 22, 2020
Twrp is not so confident, please use Lineage Recovery for the installation process.
the installation then takes place via adb sideload

mu1989

Feb 22, 2020
Hello all. Tried flashing again, with identical results described previously. Booted to TWRP 3.4.0, then factory reset followed by format data - - > yes, rebooted into recovery, then tried flashing 18 (not directly after wiping like I did before). Same 'failed to mount /odm (etc), invalid arguement' errors. (Sorry, neglected to do a screen grab.)

Did you perform the trick of @Linux4 in the terminal?

Iceman66

Aug 7, 2013
c
It seems that TWRP doesn't clean the /data/ partition well.
Linux4 gave a tip:

In TWRP, got to advanced->terminal-> type rm -rf /data/* enter, and proceed with installing Lineage 18.

mu1989

Feb 22, 2020
You can also try to get from the original to Lineage 18.0, then twrp would also have to delete everything

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Note: You may use Odin instead of Heimdall, for this you will need to rename the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar archive.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_gta4xl
    New (testing/beta) builds which will also work on OneUI 3 firmware are up:

CHANGELOG

2021-01-23

2021-01-16
    • Fixed hotspot

2021-01-15
    • Fixed wifi direct

2021-01-07
    • Update to Linux 4.14.213
    • 2021-01-05 system securitypatch
    • 2020-12-01 vendor securitypatch
    • Improved BT audio quality (BT audio HAL v2)
    • Improved performance and batterylife

2020-12-12
    • Update to Linux 4.14.210
    • Add glove mode / high touch sensitivity mode
    • 2020-12-05 system securitypatch

2020-11-24
    • Enable MAC randomization again
    • Netflix now works without liboemcrypto disabler (L3 only, Samsung doesn't seem to allow L1 with custom ROM installed)
    • Fixed small UI lags
    • 2020-11-01 vendor securitypatch

2020-11-19
    • Fixed RIL on LTE variant

2020-11-18
    • Initial release
    Yikes, I installed the latest update when it asked, and it, upon success with no errors resulted in the total wipe of the tablet. Was thankfully able to get back to stock. Think I'm going to pass on ever using lineageOS again after that.

That's why the instructions tell you to use lineage recovery ...
    It's TWRP's fault, not Lineage's.
    I guess there's no other way than fully taking down TWRP downloads for stopping people from using TWRP on official 17.1 and 18.1 (it initially worked on my unofficial 17.1 because that didn't have FBE enabled, that's the only reason why there's TWRP at all)
    I have uploaded new builds, as Lineage is now based on the new AOSP feature drop it's now 18.1