[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][gta4xl/gta4xlwifi][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy Tab S6 Lite

Search This thread

drhatter

May 18, 2021
after you have gone through the unlock part, are you checked again in the system-> developer-settings-> OEM unlock? looks a lot like a locked bootloader
Thanks for your reply. The first message before boot is still the complaint by Samsung that the bootloader is unlocked, and the system is insecure (requires press power to continue).

mu1989

Feb 22, 2020
This is the normal complaint screen from Samsung that you only get away if you replace the picture.But you can boot into the system now or ????

mu1989

Feb 22, 2020
But you've already got the lineage recovery running ??? and were you inside this ??? to flash the firmware

drhatter

May 18, 2021
This time I suceeded! Thank you for all the help.

I recon the problem was on the download step. The first attempt was success, but booted into the samsung rom by mistake, and it erased the new recovery. The second time the heimdall flash failed. So both times I was going into the stock recovery, not the lineage-os one.

I case this is useful to someone. Starting the download mode with the volume-up+volume-down buttons did work for me sometimes. But you can reboot in download mode from adb. With the device powered on
Code:
adb reboot download

sieghartRM

I do not know if this is device specific isssue or not, since I have only have Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite on LOS 18.1.

The quick settings in notifications when fully expanded/opened with music playing , the quick settings are not scrollable to rest of them in landscape device orientation.

When I do try to scroll to see rest of them it goes back first panel of quick settings.

Sep 19, 2020
I do not know if this is device specific isssue or not, since I have only have Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite on LOS 18.1.

The quick settings in notifications when fully expanded/opened with music playing , the quick settings are not scrollable to rest of them in landscape device orientation.

When I do try to scroll to see rest of them it goes back first panel of quick settings.
This is not device specific, it is a bug in SystemUI.
I've tried to search for why it happens but I did not find the bug itself.
What i did find however is that if you go into Settings -> Display -> Display size and make everything larger (largest) the bug does not appear anymore.
This is probably a bug within AOSP itself, but as Android 12 comes around soon and it changes the whole UI, i guess best would be to just ignore it for now and see how the situation will be like in Android 12.

devsk

Dec 14, 2008
Is there a way to retain Magisk root after OTA? I updated today and lost root. For other devices I have that run LOS 18.1, they seem to retain root during OTA update.

nadastry

Oct 16, 2012
I am thinking of getting a S6 Lite WiFi.
Does someone know, how is the battery runtime with This Lineage compared to a stock Samsung ROM?

Sep 19, 2020
Is there a way to retain Magisk root after OTA? I updated today and lost root. For other devices I have that run LOS 18.1, they seem to retain root during OTA update.
This is a Magisk problem. This is because addond of Magisk needs access to /data because of arbitrary reasons and our recovery can't decrypt FBE due to hardware restrictions. Just reflash Magisk after OTA. You can place the zip onto you sdcard for easy access.
Does someone know, how is the battery runtime with This Lineage compared to a stock Samsung ROM?
LineageOS is way less bloated and many say works better than stock. Battery runtime is definitely better as there is less stuff consuming battery in the first way.

Laugh2

Dec 18, 2016
TWRP has discontinued support for our Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite due to problems with soft-bricking during OTA updates, as explained in https://xdaforums.com/t/discontinued-recovery-official-twrp-for-galaxy-tab-s6-lite.4166985/. The suggested way forward is to use Lineage's own Recovery rather than TWRP. I'd wanted to install Lineage onto my SG Tab S6 Lite using TWRP (as for all my previous SG devices) but then came across this issue and the discontinued development of TWRP for this device. Has anyone here had this problem?

Reactions: silverflame112

tuxmeister

Aug 9, 2009
Hey there! I recently installed it on mine and the battery life is MUCH improved. Stand-by time is also up to a couple of days now. But I have few apps with background refresh and mostly using it as a media tablet. Using the official version of ROM but can't see how it changes much to this one. Battery life gets poor as bloatware increases. And the stock ROM is full of bloat.

Sep 19, 2020
Thinking to install Lineage on my kid tab s6 lite wifi

Just wondering she use the spen or the pen a lot to write and draw. Will she be able to use it on lineage or she better with the stock rom?
That really depends on what apps she is using. Any Samsung apps won't work. The pen itself works flawlessly on LineageOS though and there are great apps for drawing and writing in the play store. Your kid probably doesn't need LineageOS. Best is to tell them about advantages and disadvantages and let them decide. You can always flash LineageOS later if you want.

electro_vinyl

Nov 16, 2014
Kyiv
Good afternoon. There are several questions about the LTE version:
1. Does the Spen stylus work?
2. Does unlocking work when opening with a branded case?
3. Do GPS and telephone communication, LTE work?

Linux4

Recognized Developer
Good afternoon. There are several questions about the LTE version:
1. Does the Spen stylus work?
2. Does unlocking work when opening with a branded case?
3. Do GPS and telephone communication, LTE work?

1. It does, see the post literally just one above you
2. If you're talking about magnetic flip cover and turning off/on display when closing/opening that, yes it does
3. It does, obviously VoLTE doesn't tho - like on any samsung device at this point

Reactions: sieghartRM

Ilyas58

May 30, 2019
Hallo i have a question i cant install TWRP every time if i try it it fails can anyone explane me why ? i want linuage os on my S6 Lite or can anyone give me a link with the right twrp ? i search it online version 3.4 and 3.5 both dont work

Iceman66

Aug 7, 2013
Hallo i have a question i cant install TWRP every time if i try it it fails can anyone explane me why ? i want linuage os on my S6 Lite or can anyone give me a link with the right twrp ? i search it online version 3.4 and 3.5 both dont work
This is a known issue. TWRP is not supported for this device. Follow the flash instructions on the first post https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/gta4xlwifi and use Lineage recovery for updating or flashing Magisk from SD-card or OTG memory.

hello. i have the tab s6 lite LTE (sm-p615). I have flashed the gta4xl recovery and gta4xl rom correctly where it says in the build number gta4xl 2021-10-10. the problem there is no cellular signal, sim cannot be detected, no gps, imei is blank
. could anybody help to why? i have tried crdroid and there is cellular and gps but for lineage there is none
Screenshot_20211109-233614_Settings.png

Last edited:

G.Foscor

Jul 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
hello. i have the tab s6 lite LTE (sm-p615). I have flashed the gta4xl recovery and gta4xl rom correctly where it says in the build number gta4xl. the problem there is no cellular signal, sim cannot be detected, no gps, imei is blank
. could anybody help to why? i have tried crdroid and there is cellular and gps but for lineage there is none
I can't help you, I have the wifi version sm-p610.

• Sad
Reactions: langamer101

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Note: You may use Odin instead of Heimdall, for this you will need to rename the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar archive.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_gta4xl
    New (testing/beta) builds which will also work on OneUI 3 firmware are up:

CHANGELOG

2021-01-23

2021-01-16
    • Fixed hotspot

2021-01-15
    • Fixed wifi direct

2021-01-07
    • Update to Linux 4.14.213
    • 2021-01-05 system securitypatch
    • 2020-12-01 vendor securitypatch
    • Improved BT audio quality (BT audio HAL v2)
    • Improved performance and batterylife

2020-12-12
    • Update to Linux 4.14.210
    • Add glove mode / high touch sensitivity mode
    • 2020-12-05 system securitypatch

2020-11-24
    • Enable MAC randomization again
    • Netflix now works without liboemcrypto disabler (L3 only, Samsung doesn't seem to allow L1 with custom ROM installed)
    • Fixed small UI lags
    • 2020-11-01 vendor securitypatch

2020-11-19
    • Fixed RIL on LTE variant

2020-11-18
    • Initial release
    Yikes, I installed the latest update when it asked, and it, upon success with no errors resulted in the total wipe of the tablet. Was thankfully able to get back to stock. Think I'm going to pass on ever using lineageOS again after that.

That's why the instructions tell you to use lineage recovery ...
    It's TWRP's fault, not Lineage's.
    I guess there's no other way than fully taking down TWRP downloads for stopping people from using TWRP on official 17.1 and 18.1 (it initially worked on my unofficial 17.1 because that didn't have FBE enabled, that's the only reason why there's TWRP at all)
    I have uploaded new builds, as Lineage is now based on the new AOSP feature drop it's now 18.1