[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][gts4lvwifi][9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Do you mind me asking why? I'm not questioning your decision why, I just wanted to know if there was any particular reason you had. I hope I don't come across as being obnoxious.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T720 using XDA Labs

Well, I'm one of main LineageOS devs who also maintains like 10 devices ( see: https://wiki.lineageos.org/contributors.html )
I have no interest in looking at other projects.

Hero_is_Over

Nov 5, 2012
Well, I'm one of main LineageOS devs who also maintains like 10 devices ( see: https://wiki.lineageos.org/contributors.html )

Boy am I glad to hear that!! We are lucky to have a veteran maintainer. I used to sped many long days writing kernels and debugging device trees, so I know how time consuming it can be. Thanks a lot for all of your hard work!

Reactions: Barracuda77777

voxmagna

Jul 15, 2009
I think this question can only be answered by LuK 1337 because I think there's a trap I don't want to fall into:

I have the Galaxy Tab S5e LTE version SM-T725 with 4G phone modem on OEM Pie. I've already struggled getting TWRP, Magisk and Lineage 17.1 on a Note 9 'Q' fighting Knox and the encrypted /data partition which refused to mount with the phone booting into black screen 'enter passcode' which was never set anyway.

I would like Lineage on this S5e LTE and can suffer the pain of doing it, but I don't want the pain of breaking Knox, going to root, installing a version of Lineage that 'might' install then finding the API for 4G wireless isn't there and having to go back to OE flash with dead Knox.

It would be a great help to know if the S5e version includes a dialler module for the 4G LTE version? I'm willing to give it a go if there's a chance, but not if there's certainty it won't.

I don't know if it's just me, but I spent many hours with the Note 9 'Q' latest OE update getting Lineage 17.1 into it and I'm wondering if Samsung are making custom rom flashing more difficult? Lineage would boot to its start icon then get half way through drawing it before putting up the black enter lock code screen when one wasn't set. I assumed that if I could wipe /data in TWRP that nothing Samsung encryptionwise would be there - but something is? On previous attempts of booting into TWRP recovery to get root I only ever saw the normal TWRP screen and never asking for a PIN code, even after I tested using one. TWRP Backups also failed because /data couldn't be mounted.

Now booting into TWRP on the Note9 holds the start screen a lot longer which I assumed is decryption? and I have seen an option for a lock passcode. With Lineage 17.1 flashed I can now mount /data from inside TWRP and a full backup of all partions including /data is confirmed successful.

Please help on whether there's a Lineage ROM build that stands a chance of working on the S5e SM-T725 (LTE).

Thanks.

Worked for me last time I tried it (pre 3.4.0).

Could you maybe check 3.4.0 ? I can't get it to connect in Linux or windows. Linux shows it as "Bus 001 Device 122: ID 04e8:6860 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd Galaxy (MTP)" with MTP enabled or disabled. File manager sees it but when I try to select internal or external it says can't display content of folder, connection is closed.

Nevermind, it's my PC, I just connected it to another tablet and opened right up. So mtp does work. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
Could you maybe check 3.4.0 ? I can't get it to connect in Linux or windows. Linux shows it as "Bus 001 Device 122: ID 04e8:6860 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd Galaxy (MTP)" with MTP enabled or disabled. File manager sees it but when I try to select internal or external it says can't display content of folder, connection is closed.

Yeah, they broke something lol.

Reactions: VanoSM

Maybe not, it is connected right now with an otg cable and I can open everything in it. Sucks that I have been fighting with this for 15 hours and it is PC I think. I built shrp from source using your device tree and that was or is the only thing keeping me from posting it. I thought it was TWRP not working. Now I have something else to figure out.

---------- Post added at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

Maybe not, it is connected right now with an otg cable and I can open everything in it. Sucks that I have been fighting with this for 15 hours and it is PC I think. I built shrp from source using your device tree and that was or is the only thing keeping me from posting it. I thought it was TWRP not working. Now I have something else to figure out.

Okay, now I'm really confused. I can connect it to two different tablets and open it. I connected both of those tablets to PC and open files via mtp in recovery, so maybe not PC but S5e opens with Mediapad M3 and a Walmart Onn 8 tablet. Everthing works except S5e with PC ?

Hey @LuK1337 you fixed my connection problems with changes in twrp and all was good. Now out of the blue I have no data connection. It is charging but not being recognized by PC in Linux or windows. I've verified cables and ports on PC are good and tried every usb default behavior in dev ops. I have tried in recovery and android as well as download mode and get nothing with lsusb or #lshw. I booted into Windows and device manager does not see it either, again all three modes were tried. Do I have a hardware issue or is it possible software ? Could ROM or recovery cause loss in download mode ?

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
Hey @LuK1337 you fixed my connection problems with changes in twrp and all was good. Now out of the blue I have no data connection. It is charging but not being recognized by PC in Linux or windows. I've verified cables and ports on PC are good and tried every usb default behavior in dev ops. I have tried in recovery and android as well as download mode and get nothing with lsusb or #lshw. I booted into Windows and device manager does not see it either, again all three modes were tried. Do I have a hardware issue or is it possible software ? Could ROM or recovery cause loss in download mode ?
RIP your USB.

I have never tried RMA-ing something that wasn't 100% dead so good luck.

Bought it thru Best buy with protection plan. Think I may run over it with the car and say oops. It will be 100% dead then I do believe. Or at least dead enough they won't attempt to turn it on. Or it still works I could use recovery to dd some zeroes and blank it out, service center wouldn't be sure what happened. Either way I'm not taking a chance and eating repair costs. Hmmm, decisions decisions.

mperson007

Aug 27, 2007
Mount Juliet, TN
Bought it thru Best buy with protection plan. Think I may run over it with the car and say oops. It will be 100% dead then I do believe. Or at least dead enough they won't attempt to turn it on. Or it still works I could use recovery to dd some zeroes and blank it out, service center wouldn't be sure what happened. Either way I'm not taking a chance and eating repair costs. Hmmm, decisions decisions.

If it's under warranty you can send it to SAMSUNG. I did that with a different issue about a month ago. They paid for shipping and repaired the tablet, all at no cost to me. Call 1-800-SAMSUNG. You'll need the serial number on the bottom of the back of the tablet. It's so small that I had to use a magnifying glass just to read it (I'm old).

If it's under warranty you can send it to SAMSUNG. I did that with a different issue about a month ago. They paid for shipping and repaired the tablet, all at no cost to me. Call 1-800-SAMSUNG. You'll need the serial number on the bottom of the back of the tablet. It's so small that I had to use a magnifying glass just to read it (I'm old).

Thanks, I didn't think I could do that with custom firmware installed. Luckily or maybe not, I don't believe it has to go back. Don't know if it is a bug or what, but according to /var/log/syslog upon connecting to pc it throws a LIBMTP PANIC error and says android found, global bug flags applied. And from there it is unrecognizable. I am now down 4 androids to this bullshit that I can't solve. Thinking about installing new system.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][gts4lvwifi][9] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e

Contributors
    LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2019-08-24
    Last Updated 2019-08-24
    -- bit more friendly stock -> lineage instructions --

1. Unlock the bootloader
    - Connect to WiFi network
    - Enable OEM Unlock in developer options
    - Turn off the tablet
    - Boot to download mode manually by plugging in USB and holding all the buttons for few seconds
    - Follow instructions on the screen
    2. Connect to WiFi network and make sure OEM Unlock in developer options is still checked
    3. Flash custom VBMeta image ( https://dl.twrp.me/gts4lvwifi/vbmeta.tar.html ) in Odin ( use AP slot )
    4. After flashing VBMeta, boot to stock. It'll likely ask you to wipe data, if so do that
    5. Connect to WiFi network and make sure OEM Unlock in developer options is still checked
    6. Now you can flash TWRP ( https://dl.twrp.me/gts4lvwifi ) in Odin ( use AP slot once again ), for convenience you can hold volume up while flashing it so that you boot to recovery right after it's flashed
    7. Install Lineage × whatever else you need ( gapps, addon-su, ... )
    8. Format data
    9. Reboot ( make sure to not install TWRP app when TWRP asks you to )

---

Also Odin download for those who can't find it on their own https://build.nethunter.com/samsung-tools/Odin_3.13.1.zip
    ( sha1sum 1057496afa34bfdf7e77caf0b99207dca77fcb2d )
    you have make a great work for wifi variant. I can't see many differents between wifi and lte versions.

;)

Thanks!
    Frank
    Oh then do it yourself.
    Do you mind me asking why? I'm not questioning your decision why, I just wanted to know if there was any particular reason you had. I hope I don't come across as being obnoxious.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T720 using XDA Labs

Uh so some of ~ bootloops ~ might be related to OpenGapps breakage which should be fixed in their next release I suppose?

See https://gitlab.opengapps.org/opengapps/all/commit/7a6668f8fb8c8df32eb491807ae93eeff0b59ad1 (you can manually patch that file yourself btw, it's in /system/etc/permissions)