Thanks for the detailed steps, however I am on a previous build of LOS19.1. Can you let me know steps to upgrade without format data?I just packaged it slight differently with the payload dumper and that's the only real difference and for some reason it worked. I didn't use the crDroid boot.img at all in the process.
1. Download this version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xzBTISINmubT0O0ziGRGPjxREtLXrvvt/view
2. Boot to fastboot on the phone and set the active slot with command: "fastboot --set-active=a"
3. Flash the ROM with command: "fastboot update ROM.zip"
4. Download the recommend Gapps from OP: NikGapps-full-arm64-12-20220222-signed.zip
5. Boot to recovery and enable ADB.
6. Flash the Gapps with command: "adb sideload NikGapps-full-arm64-12-20220222-signed.zip"
7. Boot the ROM and Format Data when prompted.
8. Once booted go through the Setup Wizard.
9. Install Magisk.apk from Github:from the phone.The Magic Mask for Android. Contribute to topjohnwu/Magisk development by creating an account on GitHub.github.com
10. Export the boot.img from the .zip file from step 1 on the computer.
11. Copy it to the phone using File Transfer (I put it in downloads folder).
12. Open Magisk and patch the boot.img
13. Copy the patched boot.img (should be in downloads folder) back to the computer.
14. Boot back into Fastboot.
15. Flash it with command: "fastboot flash boot patched-boot.img"
Can I not follow the steps in OP for upgrade with the new zip file???