[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][Guacamole][12] LineageOS v19.1 [Weeklies]

Search This thread

kpmohamedhussain

Mar 8, 2015
I just packaged it slight differently with the payload dumper and that's the only real difference and for some reason it worked. I didn't use the crDroid boot.img at all in the process.

1. Download this version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xzBTISINmubT0O0ziGRGPjxREtLXrvvt/view
2. Boot to fastboot on the phone and set the active slot with command: "fastboot --set-active=a"
3. Flash the ROM with command: "fastboot update ROM.zip"
4. Download the recommend Gapps from OP: NikGapps-full-arm64-12-20220222-signed.zip
5. Boot to recovery and enable ADB.
6. Flash the Gapps with command: "adb sideload NikGapps-full-arm64-12-20220222-signed.zip"
7. Boot the ROM and Format Data when prompted.
8. Once booted go through the Setup Wizard.
9. Install Magisk.apk from Github: from the phone.
10. Export the boot.img from the .zip file from step 1 on the computer.
11. Copy it to the phone using File Transfer (I put it in downloads folder).
12. Open Magisk and patch the boot.img
13. Copy the patched boot.img (should be in downloads folder) back to the computer.
14. Boot back into Fastboot.
15. Flash it with command: "fastboot flash boot patched-boot.img"
16. Profit?
Thanks for the detailed steps, however I am on a previous build of LOS19.1. Can you let me know steps to upgrade without format data?

Can I not follow the steps in OP for upgrade with the new zip file???

Epic028

Jan 5, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
I had the exact same issue. I had to use the payload dumper to get around it.

I used the Payload dumper to dump the payload into the specific .img files.
Then compressed all the the .imgs into a zip with a text file called: "android-info.txt" containing: "board=msmnile|OnePlus7Pro" as found below:

View attachment 5681089

View attachment 5681091

I was then able to flash without issues by booting to fastboot and doing: "fastboot update ROM.zip"
As a workstation Engineer by profession; I can confirm the OPs steps did not function as expected.
btw you can just flash each individual partition from the payload dumped files if the fastboot update command doesn't work.

Firetop

Feb 17, 2011
Ottawa
btw you can just flash each individual partition from the payload dumped files if the fastboot update command doesn't work.

it's interesting you mention that actually; because I tried that with more success which is why I decided to just zip everything up and do it the "quick and dirty" way.

Thanks for the detailed steps, however I am on a previous build of LOS19.1. Can you let me know steps to upgrade without format data?

Can I not follow the steps in OP for upgrade with the new zip file???

In response to this; I did not realize you were already on LOS 19.
I personally did not test those steps in the OP for an upgrade but I wouldn't try a sideload without a dump inside the zip file. (As in don't use my file with those steps).

I would probably go with the route Epic mentioned above for an upgrade without data loss and simply try to flash the specific partitions by going:

fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot flash odm odm.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img

Then loading recovery and flashing Gapps:
adb sideload Gapps-signed.zip

If anyone has anymore feedback let me know.

I think in theory as long as you don't do: fastboot format userdata you should be fine, however I have not tested this myself personally as I just jumped on this LOS train myself when I noticed your posts and replied.

Last edited:

Firetop

Feb 17, 2011
Ottawa
Once installed; the newest build is really stable! Thank you very much for this hard work.
I also managed to pass SafetyNet with the help of: MagiskHide Props Config which is always a plus:

297890665_426420839531523_496671026881560288_n.png

Last edited:

kpmohamedhussain

Mar 8, 2015
it's interesting you mention that actually; because I tried that with more success which is why I decided to just zip everything up and do it the "quick and dirty" way.

In response to this; I did not realize you were already on LOS 19.
I personally did not test those steps in the OP for an upgrade but I wouldn't try a sideload without a dump inside the zip file. (As in don't use my file with those steps).

I would probably go with the route Epic mentioned above for an upgrade without data loss and simply try to flash the specific partitions by going:

fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot flash odm odm.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img

Then loading recovery and flashing Gapps:
adb sideload Gapps-signed.zip

If anyone has anymore feedback let me know.

I think in theory as long as you don't do: fastboot format userdata you should be fine, however I have not tested this myself personally as I just jumped on this LOS train myself when I noticed your posts and replied.
I don't want to end up brick or data loss, so just making sure am getting the right steps to upgrade from a previous build...

Firetop

Feb 17, 2011
Ottawa
I don't want to end up brick or data loss, so just making sure am getting the right steps to upgrade from a previous build...

Always make a full backup first yourself before your experiment! Flashing ROMs can be fun but the risk is always there; don't risk it if you aren't willing to backup and make the jump. Otherwise enjoy!

Maybe next week when the OP posts another update I'll try to do an upgrade myself and provide feedback on the steps.

kpmohamedhussain

Mar 8, 2015
Always make a full backup first yourself before your experiment! Flashing ROMs can be fun but the risk is always there; don't risk it if you aren't willing to backup and make the jump. Otherwise enjoy!

Maybe next week when the OP posts another update I'll try to do an upgrade myself and provide feedback on the steps.
I will better wait for your feedback 😉

Edit: I believe update from his previous build will work without any issue.

Last edited:

mrc99

May 29, 2016
Trying to uninstall some of the pre-loaded apps via ADB like Camera (using Gcam instead), Recorder, etc.

However using the below command doesn't work for some reason:

adb uninstall -- user 0 com.android.camera2

Any reason why? This command usually works using other roms.
its adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 -k com.android.camera2

cantenna

Aug 5, 2012
Newcastle
Are you getting your card loaded in Google Wallet successfully? Do you see the card pop up like the below?

View attachment 5680049
Yes

Update: just flashed Elixir rom, no issues with google pay working at all on that rom, was using it all day.

Going to try another clean flash of the latest here, fingered crossed

Update 2: Just flashed back, flashed lineage-19.1-20220808-UNOFFICIAL-guacamole, "Bad Card Type" error at terminal with same mods

From my perspective, the issue for me at least appears to be rom related.

Hope this gets resolved , other than pay/wallet not working, its perfect!

Last edited:

Firetop

Feb 17, 2011
Ottawa
Yes

Update: just flashed Elixir rom, no issues with google pay working at all on that rom, was using it all day.

Going to try another clean flash of the latest here, fingered crossed

Update 2: Just flashed back, flashed lineage-19.1-20220808-UNOFFICIAL-guacamole, "Bad Card Type" error at terminal with same mods

From my perspective, the issue for me at least appears to be rom related.

Hope this gets resolved , other than pay/wallet not working, its perfect!

I'm assuming you fully pass SafetyNet?

Reactions: cantenna

cantenna

Aug 5, 2012
Newcastle
I'm assuming you fully pass SafetyNet?

Pass it all mate with flying colors, this test, root beer sampler, Intigrity Play Test... no issues at all with adding cards to wallet.

yet at terminal, fails...

I'm wondering if its a bug with NFC on this rom because NFC briefly turns off automatically when I go to tap and the machine reports "Bad Card Type"

on the Elixir rom, Pay is working for me even without root.... but with root as well, I am able to get pay to work.

...don't know what to do? The Elixir rom has audio issues but working Pay... and this rom, audio perfect for me but im having issues getting Pay to work, whats to do?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220813-234748_Play Intergrity API Checker.png
    Screenshot_20220813-234748_Play Intergrity API Checker.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20220813-234721_RootBeer Sample.png
    Screenshot_20220813-234721_RootBeer Sample.png
    200.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20220813-234734_Yet Another SafetyNet Attestation Checker.png
    Screenshot_20220813-234734_Yet Another SafetyNet Attestation Checker.png
    217.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

jxgzs

Aug 13, 2022
Pass it all mate with flying colors, this test, root beer sampler, Intigrity Play Test... no issues at all with adding cards to wallet.

I'm wondering if its a bug with NFC on this rom because NFC briefly turns off automatically when I go to tap and the machine reports "Bad Card Type"

on the Elixir rom, Pay is working for me even without root.... but with root as well, I am able to get pay to work.

...don't know what to do? The Elixir rom has audio issues but working Pay... and this rom, audio perfect for me but im having issues getting Pay to work, whats to do?
You can try to change the sim card to another slot

kpmohamedhussain

Mar 8, 2015

I am currently on the below los 19.1 build, trying to upgrade...

moscic

Sep 10, 2017

Maybe it's a firmware problem

Hi there!
I just received my OnePlus 7 pro today and while i´m not new to lineage and flashing, it currently gives me huge headache.
So before unlocking the bootloader and flashing lineage, i checked OOS for updates.
It´s was on the latest version avaiable so i moved on.
First i tried using TWRP as usual but failed to boot the ROM.
Then after some tinkering, i had lineage recovery up and running.
So from there, i flashed lineage + mindthegapps and rebooted.
Everything seemed fine so far but i quickly noticed none of my sensors are working.
No auto rotation, no auto brightness, no gyro...

So i ended up going the confusing and complicated way back to stock.
I checked the sensors again and they worked just fine.

I tried it again - using the EXACT steps provided here in this thread.
However after the first boot, the sensors still weren´t avaiable.

I found a similar reports online, refering to lineage-16.
They suggested to downgrade the firmware.
Not sure but which firmware would i need?
I´m now on 11.0.9.1.GM21BA

Any advises are highly appreciated :)

YazumiWuHung

Oct 31, 2016
Japan
Hi there!
I just received my OnePlus 7 pro today and while i´m not new to lineage and flashing, it currently gives me huge headache.
So before unlocking the bootloader and flashing lineage, i checked OOS for updates.
Everything seemed fine so far but i quickly noticed none of my sensors are working.

I Was using oos 10 , upgraded to 11.0.8.1 and installed this, no problens so far.

skythian

Nov 22, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi there!

Install the official Lineage 18.1 (instructions here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/guacamole/install) and then upgrade to this build. Ensure that you flash the firmware listed in that link as well. All your sensors will work fine, unless you have a hardware problem with your phone.

Trying to uninstall some of the pre-loaded apps via ADB like Camera (using Gcam instead), Recorder, etc.

However using the below command doesn't work for some reason:

adb uninstall -- user 0 com.android.camera2

Any reason why? This command usually works using other roms.
You don't need to manually uninstall things if you use NikGapps. Just modify the nikgapps.config file in the afzc directory in the archive to turn on or turn off whatever apps you like. Instructions are provided in the file.

Is anyone else seeing this? Would be nice to have some other data points to figure out a fix.

Reactions: cantenna

Agred

Jun 13, 2012
Poznań
OnePlus 7 Pro
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts