[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][harpia][9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

joselurod

Nov 17, 2013
Has anyone noticed unbelievably slow wi-fi speeds, especially with downloading? Google music and updating apps crawls when I know it should fly through downloads. Checked my home wi-fi and it's not that - fairly certain is the phone.

in some oreo roms the same thing has happened to me, the solution is go to location settings and in advanced settings disable Search wifi networks.

MR4Y

Apr 25, 2012
Araras - SP
I'll have to pass this one for now. While it works, the system has a sluggish response. It takes upwards of 1.5 seconds for button presses and things like that to respond.

gluehbirne123

Aug 4, 2017
i can confirm MR4Y´s described behaviour.

and i cannot send and receive SMS. if i reboot the SMS will be sent and i receive some.

pecantango

Nov 5, 2018
Just want to make a few points about encryption for those who are wondering:

1. It DOES work, I did it for a PIN and it worked just fine
  2. You need to be unrooted while encrypting, flash Magisk later on after doing this. You MUST flash the magisk 17.2 beta as this fixes pie related things
  3. The latest TWRP for this phone DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO DECRYPT. You'll need to do an ADB sideload to flash things from now on, until TWRP supports Pie decryption for Harpia
  4. It seems like sometimes I'll get a message saying "Decryption has failed, please factory reset your phone". DO NOT DO THIS. I would reboot my phone and try again after seeing this and it would work just fine. Not sure what causes this, but I think it looks like installing some Magisk modules does this. Flashing the 17.2 beta should fix this but in case it doesn't, you know not to worry

While Encrypt Phone failed for me in the latest official LOS 14, I wanted to follow up regarding the above instructions: this worked for me while using lineage-16.0-20181016-UNOFFICIAL-harpia.zip. I've restarted numerous times over the last day and received the "Decryption has failed" message only once - as indicated above, I just restarted and everything worked as expected.

One issue I am having is that Orbot's (version 16.0.2-RC-1) VPN feature (for a single app or all apps) does not work. Orbot does work as expected when used in conjunction with Tor Browser for Android (Alpha) (version 60.3.0). Any ideas?

Thank you for the work on this software.

Ferdk120

Apr 22, 2018
I can't flash

I don't know if it's my twrp version, when I try to flash twrp sends me this message E3004: This package is for device: harpia, harpia_retail; this device is .

My model is XT1601 from at&t mexico

Reactions: rob420p

jasonmerc

Dec 14, 2012
www.ixquick.com
Moto G8
While Encrypt Phone failed for me in the latest official LOS 14, I wanted to follow up regarding the above instructions: this worked for me while using lineage-16.0-20181016-UNOFFICIAL-harpia.zip. I've restarted numerous times over the last day and received the "Decryption has failed" message only once - as indicated above, I just restarted and everything worked as expected.

One issue I am having is that Orbot's (version 16.0.2-RC-1) VPN feature (for a single app or all apps) does not work. Orbot does work as expected when used in conjunction with Tor Browser for Android (Alpha) (version 60.3.0). Any ideas?

Thank you for the work on this software.
Its probably not a ROM issue, Tor on android has become less and less reliable as time goes on.

And are you sure encryption fails with the latest nougat? That seems a bit weird... I'm running a ROM based on Lineage 14.1 built recently and its 100% fine for me

pecantango

Nov 5, 2018
And are you sure encryption fails with the latest nougat? That seems a bit weird... I'm running a ROM based on Lineage 14.1 built recently and its 100% fine for me

Thanks for the feedback. I just did a clean install of lineage-14.1-20181101-nightly-harpia-signed.zip on my Moto G4 Play (model: XT1607) and tried encrypting the phone again, but it never appeared to successfully complete the encryption process and then I could not get it to boot.

Update:
I just tried the encryption process with a new install of lineage-16.0-20181103-UNOFFICIAL-harpia.zip, and the process completed successfully in about 5 minutes.

Last edited:

facuarmo

Apr 13, 2014
Pilar
Build from November 8th, 2018

Download: lineage-16.0-20181107-UNOFFICIAL-harpia.zip

MD5:
Code:
da213808e3a0dfff5600833d37817e43

SHA256:
Code:
d90e911a48ad54594989e28ab624184436b9071df3aac311d2b4b2754920ceed

Release notes:

• Updated init process.
  • Replaced the whole way in that we handle denials for vendor modules, both private and public allow rules have been put together to make them easier to maintain.
  • Removed obsolete and unnecessary flags.
  • Brought back old kernel page shrink API as it wasn't compatible with our version of kgsl (causing GPU lags and crashes during first boot).
  • Fixed PowerHAL SELinux denials which caused zygote to crash whenever you plugged an USB cable (not seen by users, happened during test builds).
  • Reverted all patches related to power saving as they didn't play well with this device.
  • Added and fixed FM Radio support.
  • Ported some configs and properties from cedric.
  • General performance improvements (thread selection for dexpreopt).
  • Decrease GPS logging.
  • Enable smart battery (experimental).
  • Use lzma to build recovery imge.
  • Disable vulkan.
  • Setup zram during init: use lz4 algorithm, decrease disk size to 256 MB instead of 512 MB, use 4 compression threads.
  • General performance improvements for text fields and window renders.
  • Increased media volume and voice call steps to 60 and 7, respectively.
  • Fixed HALs issues with FM Radio.
  • Disabled OEM unlock toggle.
  • Shorten shutdown time.
  • Enable sustained performance mode.
  • Increase media and voice call volume steps to 60 and 7 respectively.
  • Compiled SnapDragon Camera.
  • Improve performance and stability on: EXT4, sdcardfs, timing, networking: tcp/diag, encryption, scheduling, ALSA, ksm, generic atomic reads for arm.
  • Pass new clocks for both CPU and GPU: 1.36 GHz and 465 MHz, respectively.
  • Fixed kernel issues.
  • Improved display default colour set (KCAL).
  • Improved responsiveness.
  • Force enter deep sleep.
  • Fixed CPU hotplugging.
  • Fixed input lag.
  • Fixed several UI crashes.
  • Fixed UI overlay errors.
  • Fixed all kernel bugs related to sdcardfs permissions (causing random kernel panics/reboots).
  • Added UKSM!

JoaquinIO97

Feb 23, 2017
I cant pass the initial configuration of the phone, the configuration apps fail constantly

Last edited by a moderator:

meffie96

Jan 19, 2017
I installed this ROM yesterday and had problems with the initial configuration too, but i could bypass them by waiting and trying again. I did a clean Installation with nano GApps.

Last edited:

glisco03

Jun 20, 2018
I know it's a minor thing, however it still bugs me quite a lot. Whenever I try to change the accent color or the the general theme, the settings crash. Did anybody else notice this?

Reactions: meffie96

joselurod

Nov 17, 2013
I know it's a minor thing, however it still bugs me quite a lot. Whenever I try to change the accent color or the the general theme, the settings crash. Did anybody else notice this?

The customization layer in some pie roms is still unstable, I recommend using Substratum, it works better :good:

l0ka

Apr 6, 2018
Just installed

Just installed, great job as usual! :cowboy:
Almost everything is working.
What is not working on my phone:
  • Network traffic monitor on the status bar (Settings > System > Advanced > Status Bar > Network traffic monitor): not showing;
  • Night mode (Settings > System > Advanced > Developer options > Night mode): nothing changes; tried every options;
  • Can't remove the search bar from the home screen
I was wondering, did you preserve the adaptive battery from google android?
Thank you!

Z-Prime

Apr 17, 2017
Just got to say great to see development work on this everyone. I really appreciate all the hard work you are doing to get the latest Lineage running on our Motos.

A quick question, is there any way to help you guys with this other than bug testing the builds?

I know that might sound stupid but right now I can't afford to install it as my G4 play is my primary phone and I need it stable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    • Builds :
      • Expect builds to be published per-post.
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Thanks @Luk1337 for this thread template.

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineagOS 16.0 for Moto G4 Play, ROM for the Moto G4 Play

Contributors
    facuarmo, @ki, Razhor, Squid2, SubhrajyotiSen, AOSP, LineageOS community and all the testers involved.
    Source Code: https://github.com/Harpia-development/los_harpia

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie

Version Information

Created 2018-10-13
    Last Updated 2018-10-13
    Build from November 8th, 2018

Download: lineage-16.0-20181107-UNOFFICIAL-harpia.zip

MD5:
    Code:
    da213808e3a0dfff5600833d37817e43

SHA256:
    Code:
    d90e911a48ad54594989e28ab624184436b9071df3aac311d2b4b2754920ceed

Release notes:

• Updated init process.
    • Replaced the whole way in that we handle denials for vendor modules, both private and public allow rules have been put together to make them easier to maintain.
    • Removed obsolete and unnecessary flags.
    • Brought back old kernel page shrink API as it wasn't compatible with our version of kgsl (causing GPU lags and crashes during first boot).
    • Fixed PowerHAL SELinux denials which caused zygote to crash whenever you plugged an USB cable (not seen by users, happened during test builds).
    • Reverted all patches related to power saving as they didn't play well with this device.
    • Added and fixed FM Radio support.
    • Ported some configs and properties from cedric.
    • General performance improvements (thread selection for dexpreopt).
    • Decrease GPS logging.
    • Enable smart battery (experimental).
    • Use lzma to build recovery imge.
    • Disable vulkan.
    • Setup zram during init: use lz4 algorithm, decrease disk size to 256 MB instead of 512 MB, use 4 compression threads.
    • General performance improvements for text fields and window renders.
    • Increased media volume and voice call steps to 60 and 7, respectively.
    • Fixed HALs issues with FM Radio.
    • Disabled OEM unlock toggle.
    • Shorten shutdown time.
    • Enable sustained performance mode.
    • Increase media and voice call volume steps to 60 and 7 respectively.
    • Compiled SnapDragon Camera.
    • Improve performance and stability on: EXT4, sdcardfs, timing, networking: tcp/diag, encryption, scheduling, ALSA, ksm, generic atomic reads for arm.
    • Pass new clocks for both CPU and GPU: 1.36 GHz and 465 MHz, respectively.
    • Fixed kernel issues.
    • Improved display default colour set (KCAL).
    • Improved responsiveness.
    • Force enter deep sleep.
    • Fixed CPU hotplugging.
    • Fixed input lag.
    • Fixed several UI crashes.
    • Fixed UI overlay errors.
    • Fixed all kernel bugs related to sdcardfs permissions (causing random kernel panics/reboots).
    • Added UKSM!
    Does anyone have a working link for downloading this?

Don't worry, I'll provide a new build ASAP, it's just that I'm quite busy with some school projects.
    That's good to hear, Do you have any plans to support the harpia whenever lineage on Q drops?

For sure, I still didn't take a look at the new source, if it only supports x64 builds, there's gonna be a lot of work, but I'll do my best! :cowboy:
    Build from October 13th, 2018

Download: lineage-16.0-20181013-UNOFFICIAL-harpia.zip

MD5:
    Code:
    483fc73a9d871e8284d84d21e0559535

SHA256:
    Code:
    cb55307e4155babf63344649ca85dcc1c0ccb2cd1514abbfe57503ef38a6f415

Release notes: Rolled back to Pixys common tree, please test. You should be able to flash this build on top of the previously working one without any issues.