[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][harpia][9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

stinerman

Nov 3, 2018
What is not working on my phone:
  • Network traffic monitor on the status bar (Settings > System > Advanced > Status Bar > Network traffic monitor): not showing;
  • Night mode (Settings > System > Advanced > Developer options > Night mode): nothing changes; tried every options;
  • Can't remove the search bar from the home screen

Can confirm the same on mine. Just letting you know so you don't think you are the only one. :)

Oronno Chy

Nov 3, 2015
I can't afford to install it as my G4 play is my primary phone and I need it stable.
I've used the latest build (lineage-16.0-20181107-UNOFFICIAL-harpia.zip) & Voice call, mobile data, messeging, bluetooth, hotspot everything is working fine. U can try it. check further on this video:
Only con is transition & app switching is slow.

Can confirm the same on mine. Just letting you know so you don't think you are the only one. :)
These aren't any major issue. U can install any network traffick monitor & night mode app from the play store and can use a third party launcher to remove search bar or just ignore it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaiwalya

j.smith

Jan 16, 2010
Ottawa
in some oreo roms the same thing has happened to me, the solution is go to location settings and in advanced settings disable Search wifi networks.
Tried that and seems like it was the problem! Wi-fi speeds shot up drastically once I turned off the scanning features (wi-fi and bt). Once in a while it seems to still be slow, but for the most part it's fast.

Reactions: rob420p

l0ka

Apr 6, 2018
I've used the latest build (lineage-16.0-20181107-UNOFFICIAL-harpia.zip) & Voice call, mobile data, messeging, bluetooth, hotspot everything is working fine. U can try it. check further on this video:
Only con is transition & app switching is slow.

If you refer to the animations, disabling them will solve these problems (at least in my case).
I can confirm that voice call, mobile data, messaging, bluetooth, hotspot work.
With previous ROMs (LineageOS 14 and 15) I experienced random reboots, which I've never observed with LineageOS 16.

These aren't any major issue. U can install any network traffick monitor & night mode app from the play store and can use a third party launcher to remove search bar or just ignore it.

Yes, I agree, these aren't major issues. But since network traffic monitor and night mode are native features, I would expect they just work fine, without installing any extra app from the play store.
Regarding the search bar in the home, I decided I'll ignore it (also because it's not working at all), but I miss the option to remove it.
I miss also the option for the cozy icons arrangement in the home.
I'm using LineageOS since it was born (and before I used CM) both on my Moto E Condor (still working very good) and Moto G4 Play Harpia, so I'm used to these nice and useful features :)

Reactions: DB126 and meffie96

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
...Yes, I agree, these aren't major issues. But since network traffic monitor and night mode are native features, I would expect they just work fine, without installing any extra app from the play store.
Regarding the search bar in the home, I decided I'll ignore it (also because it's not working at all), but I miss the option to remove it.
I miss also the option for the cozy icons arrangement in the home.
I'm using LineageOS since it was born (and before I used CM) both on my Moto E Condor (still working very good) and Moto G4 Play Harpia, so I'm used to these nice and useful features :)
I also use Lineage/CM on most my devices (Moto's being the exception) yet load Nova Prime as one of the first tools on every device as it is lite, reliable and offers far more flexibility than Trebuchet without excess 'bling'. FWIW - I subscribe to your view on "extra" apps; Nova is the exception.

Oronno Chy

Nov 3, 2015
You might want to disable digital wellbeing if you don't use it. It really helps to speed up app switching. Just open settings, search for digital wellbeing and disable it.
I've already switch to Lineage 15.1 as battery drains constantly on idle mode on Lineage 16. 30-50% drained overnight.

meffie96

Jan 19, 2017
I've already switch to Lineage 15.1 as battery drains constantly on idle mode on Lineage 16. 30-50% drained overnight.

Seems like I'm lucky, i just have to charge my phone every two days. I use my phone 2 to 3 hours screentime a day. But i turned off battery manager directly after installation, maybe it is causing the issues.

Oronno Chy

Nov 3, 2015
Seems like I'm lucky, i just have to charge my phone every two days. I use my phone 2 to 3 hours screentime a day. But i turned off battery manager directly after installation, maybe it is causing the issues.
IDK. Now I m on Lineage 15.1 but it also consumes so much in idle mode on cell network standby. Last night 13% dropped. But on Lineage 14 backup was good.

whatever1778

Jul 10, 2018
Guys,
How do I disable search bar at the top of Home screen? Virtual keyboard doesn't show up when I press on the bar and I cannot remove it in any way. I do not have Gapps or any google services installed.

whatever1778

Jul 10, 2018
Just installed, great job as usual! :cowboy:
Almost everything is working.
What is not working on my phone:
  • Network traffic monitor on the status bar (Settings > System > Advanced > Status Bar > Network traffic monitor): not showing;
  • Night mode (Settings > System > Advanced > Developer options > Night mode): nothing changes; tried every options;
  • Can't remove the search bar from the home screen
I was wondering, did you preserve the adaptive battery from google android?
Thank you!
I can confirm all three bugs.

whatever1778

Jul 10, 2018
Not sure about the other two but I can tell you right now that Night Mode is a Lineage bug at the moment. That's just something we need to wait for the official lineage devs to sort out
Well the Night Mode bug doesn't bother me much (or at all), but this search bar is really annoying, especially considering it has no functionality.

tugagear

Jan 4, 2015
I'm testing the ROM, just install it a few minutes ago, I respect your work a lot I think it's the only one that has made a fairly stable ROM the truth is not and it proves pixel OS because I feel like I'm using an Alcatel I do not know why I'm just reading the name gives me something besides that I do not see many good options, well in good faith my opinion, the ROM has very noticeable lag, the 4 cpus work at the same time always and at high frequencies, it is kernel problem I guess it has no hotplug and Voltage control I do not say anything I do not know why I have no idea of ​​that, the wifi module works but does not have good signal range, I change it for another one (the one that brings 14) and to do the root install magisk 17.3 and then install manually the application of magisk seriously is a great job and I think it would be worth solving these small flaws and if it is not annoying I would like to ask you about a couple of topics I am from Mexico and I think that you from Argentina XD have not would have problems communicating

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181206-170344_Kernel_Adiutor.png
    Screenshot_20181206-170344_Kernel_Adiutor.png
    91.2 KB · Views: 374
  • Screenshot_20181206-170013_Kernel_Adiutor.png
    Screenshot_20181206-170013_Kernel_Adiutor.png
    108 KB · Views: 366

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    • Builds :
      • Expect builds to be published per-post.
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Thanks @Luk1337 for this thread template.

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineagOS 16.0 for Moto G4 Play, ROM for the Moto G4 Play

Contributors
    facuarmo, @ki, Razhor, Squid2, SubhrajyotiSen, AOSP, LineageOS community and all the testers involved.
    Source Code: https://github.com/Harpia-development/los_harpia

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie

Version Information

Created 2018-10-13
    Last Updated 2018-10-13
    Build from November 8th, 2018

Download: lineage-16.0-20181107-UNOFFICIAL-harpia.zip

MD5:
    Code:
    da213808e3a0dfff5600833d37817e43

SHA256:
    Code:
    d90e911a48ad54594989e28ab624184436b9071df3aac311d2b4b2754920ceed

Release notes:

• Updated init process.
    • Replaced the whole way in that we handle denials for vendor modules, both private and public allow rules have been put together to make them easier to maintain.
    • Removed obsolete and unnecessary flags.
    • Brought back old kernel page shrink API as it wasn't compatible with our version of kgsl (causing GPU lags and crashes during first boot).
    • Fixed PowerHAL SELinux denials which caused zygote to crash whenever you plugged an USB cable (not seen by users, happened during test builds).
    • Reverted all patches related to power saving as they didn't play well with this device.
    • Added and fixed FM Radio support.
    • Ported some configs and properties from cedric.
    • General performance improvements (thread selection for dexpreopt).
    • Decrease GPS logging.
    • Enable smart battery (experimental).
    • Use lzma to build recovery imge.
    • Disable vulkan.
    • Setup zram during init: use lz4 algorithm, decrease disk size to 256 MB instead of 512 MB, use 4 compression threads.
    • General performance improvements for text fields and window renders.
    • Increased media volume and voice call steps to 60 and 7, respectively.
    • Fixed HALs issues with FM Radio.
    • Disabled OEM unlock toggle.
    • Shorten shutdown time.
    • Enable sustained performance mode.
    • Increase media and voice call volume steps to 60 and 7 respectively.
    • Compiled SnapDragon Camera.
    • Improve performance and stability on: EXT4, sdcardfs, timing, networking: tcp/diag, encryption, scheduling, ALSA, ksm, generic atomic reads for arm.
    • Pass new clocks for both CPU and GPU: 1.36 GHz and 465 MHz, respectively.
    • Fixed kernel issues.
    • Improved display default colour set (KCAL).
    • Improved responsiveness.
    • Force enter deep sleep.
    • Fixed CPU hotplugging.
    • Fixed input lag.
    • Fixed several UI crashes.
    • Fixed UI overlay errors.
    • Fixed all kernel bugs related to sdcardfs permissions (causing random kernel panics/reboots).
    • Added UKSM!
    Does anyone have a working link for downloading this?

Don't worry, I'll provide a new build ASAP, it's just that I'm quite busy with some school projects.
    That's good to hear, Do you have any plans to support the harpia whenever lineage on Q drops?

For sure, I still didn't take a look at the new source, if it only supports x64 builds, there's gonna be a lot of work, but I'll do my best! :cowboy:
    Build from October 13th, 2018

Download: lineage-16.0-20181013-UNOFFICIAL-harpia.zip

MD5:
    Code:
    483fc73a9d871e8284d84d21e0559535

SHA256:
    Code:
    cb55307e4155babf63344649ca85dcc1c0ccb2cd1514abbfe57503ef38a6f415

Release notes: Rolled back to Pixys common tree, please test. You should be able to flash this build on top of the previously working one without any issues.