Search This thread

CodeFox

Sep 7, 2014
Manchester
xlJoZl9.png

Unoffical Note 9 by OpenSauce9810

k3DRk3b.jpg

What is this?
HavocOS ROM Built for the Galaxy Note 9 (Exynos).
Please note that support for Oreo HavocOS has been dropped in favour of the pie version. I will be looking to build the pie version as soon as we have some stable device trees for pie.

What's working?
Mostly everything, including dual speaker, home button, MTP.

What's not working?
Powering off - if you power off your phone completely the rom won't boot. You need to go to trwp and reboot to system to get back in. (I think)
Let me know of any other issues.

Instructions:
Make sure TWRP has been installed and functional.
YOU NEED TO FORMAT DATA BEFORE YOU CAN FLASH. YOU CANT BE ENCRYPTED (But you can encrypt afterwards)
Download the latest build linked below
Reboot to recovery
Wipe data and cache (required if you switch from other ROMs). Even better if you have nothing to loose and wipe system,data,cache,storage etc
Flash the latest build (and gapps). GAPPS ARE NOT INCLUDED use opengapps 8.1.
Reboot and enjoy

Changelog:
  • 01.11.2018 Initial Release

Downloads:

Galaxy Note 9 Exynos:
01.11.2018 ROM Download (Fixed Version)
ARH6 Vendor

Providing feedback:
Feedback is welcome, happy to try and iron out any bugs.

Join our Telegram Group for the latest updates / support.
https://t.me/joinchat/E_rQyU__5M_5wph6FrnpKA

Credits:
Team Z
Opensauce9810
Rainbow_Dash & malinathani: For the help building + implementing fixes.
Vaughnnn: For his Device Trees in GitHub
Ivan: Sealing the Deal.
Saxmydix - helped me figure out a problem with Havoc Sources.

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] HavocOS [8.1][AOSP][01.11.18], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Contributors
s3xxt0y, Rainbow_Dash, malinathani, Saxmydix, Jesec, Favoritus
Source Code: https://github.com/OpenSauce9810

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Vendor ARH6
Based On: HavocOS

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 1
Beta Release Date: 2018-11-01

Created 2018-11-01
Last Updated 2018-11-01

Last edited:

Xshooter726

Mar 4, 2014
Hmm can't get it to boot. Stays on the Note 9 splash screen. Installed it just like your other roms vendor->Rom->Gapps->Magisk->Boot :confused:

Xshooter726

Mar 4, 2014
OP Updated. link here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OeJdyG3-wG0g2_cSc9dY6ggzRUqIeD1a. I've tested it and it boots fine now. Enjoy, sorry about the long wait with this one. Had nothing but problems from the start!

No worries bro. Thanks for sharing your work. I'll test it and report back.

Boots up and runs like a champ! This is a must try ROM if your trying to go Asop. The amount of customization and settings are just nuts. I haven't found any major problems. Only small issue I'm noticing is a small lag when typing at full speed. It doesn't seem instant.

Last edited:
No worries bro. Thanks for sharing your work. I'll test it and report back.

Boots up and runs like a champ! This is a must try ROM if your trying to go Asop. The amount of customization and settings are just nuts. I haven't found any major problems. Only small issue I'm noticing is a small lag when typing at full speed. It doesn't seem instant.
The settings app closes when I try to access display settings. Can you confirm this?

Great ROM BTW. Was eagerly awaiting this. Big thanks to the dev and all contributors

maNiaoH

Mar 20, 2014
Hanoi
Every rom you do so which rom you want develop for a Long time [emoji23]

Gửi từ SM-N960F của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

CodeFox

Sep 7, 2014
Manchester

Well I'm not planning to continue any Oreo builds. I'm hoping to get onto Pie based AOSP and probably just maintain Havoc. I've only done so many since AOSP for Note 9 is pretty non existent and there's only me and Mohammed interested in bringing AOSP to it so far haha. I want to give the community a bit of variety.

Well I'm not planning to continue any Oreo builds. I'm hoping to get onto Pie based AOSP and probably just maintain Havoc. I've only done so many since AOSP for Note 9 is pretty non existent and there's only me and Mohammed interested in bringing AOSP to it so far haha. I want to give the community a bit of variety.
Really appreciate your guys work, having AOSP is a game changer for Sammy users. Sometimes it's just nice to have a choice, really appreciate it!!!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: that_same_guy
No issues for me either. Did you set up as a new device or copy from cloud when you set up?
I did copy from the cloud. Didn't realise it would cause issues. I'll try a clean flash later and check.

Btw, unrelated to the device, HavocOS and CrDroid both have dark themes but they also darken the notifications which causes black text on dark notification background on some apps' notifications. Any suggestions for this? Black theme but default notification background would be great.

If anyone has any substratum theme suggestions that can accomplish this, please let me know

Edit: Pi Dark theme in Play Store works well for the notifications issue

Last edited:
Reactions: Xshooter726

Gabe2014

Jan 19, 2014
Question about installation
After cleanup

Flash Rom
Vendedor
Gapps
?
Or how is the installation process, thanks on advance

Note on the OP instruction don't mention anything about vendedor thas way I'm asking .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xlJoZl9.png

Unoffical Note 9 by OpenSauce9810

k3DRk3b.jpg

What is this?
    HavocOS ROM Built for the Galaxy Note 9 (Exynos).
    Please note that support for Oreo HavocOS has been dropped in favour of the pie version. I will be looking to build the pie version as soon as we have some stable device trees for pie.

What's working?
    Mostly everything, including dual speaker, home button, MTP.

What's not working?
    Powering off - if you power off your phone completely the rom won't boot. You need to go to trwp and reboot to system to get back in. (I think)
    Let me know of any other issues.

Instructions:
    Make sure TWRP has been installed and functional.
    YOU NEED TO FORMAT DATA BEFORE YOU CAN FLASH. YOU CANT BE ENCRYPTED (But you can encrypt afterwards)
    Download the latest build linked below
    Reboot to recovery
    Wipe data and cache (required if you switch from other ROMs). Even better if you have nothing to loose and wipe system,data,cache,storage etc
    Flash the latest build (and gapps). GAPPS ARE NOT INCLUDED use opengapps 8.1.
    Reboot and enjoy

Changelog:
    • 01.11.2018 Initial Release

Downloads:

Galaxy Note 9 Exynos:
    01.11.2018 ROM Download (Fixed Version)
    ARH6 Vendor

Providing feedback:
    Feedback is welcome, happy to try and iron out any bugs.

Join our Telegram Group for the latest updates / support.
    https://t.me/joinchat/E_rQyU__5M_5wph6FrnpKA

Credits:
    Team Z
    Opensauce9810
    Rainbow_Dash & malinathani: For the help building + implementing fixes.
    Vaughnnn: For his Device Trees in GitHub
    Ivan: Sealing the Deal.
    Saxmydix - helped me figure out a problem with Havoc Sources.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] HavocOS [8.1][AOSP][01.11.18], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Contributors
    s3xxt0y, Rainbow_Dash, malinathani, Saxmydix, Jesec, Favoritus
    Source Code: https://github.com/OpenSauce9810

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Vendor ARH6
    Based On: HavocOS

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1
    Beta Release Date: 2018-11-01

Created 2018-11-01
    Last Updated 2018-11-01

Just want side thank you this so stable rom I have about a month using it and is a so nice experience on my option is ones of the best aosp rom that I ever tested hopefully @CodeFox can make boot the Pie edition one day, you are the best.

Jesec will be bringing up the galaxy s9 tree to pie within the next two weeks apparently. So once he's done that I'll be able to bring up the note 9 tree also. I've already built HavocOS Pie but at the minute there's no HWC or RIL. It will come soon! :).
    Question about installation
    After cleanup

Flash Rom
    Vendedor
    Gapps
    ?
    Or how is the installation process, thanks on advance

Note on the OP instruction don't mention anything about vendedor thas way I'm asking .
    1.Cleanup
    2.Vendor
    3.Rom
    4.Gapps
    5.Magisk (if you want)

Reboot.

This is how I did it and it works well. Don't restore data using the cloud though. It stops you from accessing the display settings in the settings app
    Just want side thank you this so stable rom I have about a month using it and is a so nice experience on my option is ones of the best aosp rom that I ever tested hopefully @CodeFox can make boot the Pie edition one day, you are the best.