[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][I001D][10] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

luca020400

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2014
Genoa
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build
  • Boot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build
  • Reboot
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS, ROM for the ASUS ROG Phone II

Contributors
luca020400
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10

Version Information

Created 2020-03-19
Last Updated 2020-03-19

Apoorv_87

Mar 16, 2020
Thank You sir for creating the first rom for our phone. Rom booted successfully and 120hz is working like a charm.

If anyone having issue in installing this rom here are the steps -
1) Extract lineage-17.1-20200319-UNOFFICIAL-I001D.zip in your pc and get payload.bin
2)Download payload dumper for windows extract it and than put payload.bin in payload_input folder
3)Run payload_dumper.exe you will get 5 .img files boot,system,vendor,dtbo,vbmeta
4)Flash all of the .img files using fastboot command and than reboot

RSpe

Dec 23, 2019
I have been waiting for this! Thanks for the ROM.

Also thanks @Apoorv_87, I followed your instructions to install and it worked.

I have a few questions:
How do I enable 120Hz? I cant seem to find it in the display settings.
Do all LineageOS builds come with GApps pre installed now?

Last edited:
Reactions: shane fernandes

Apoorv_87

Mar 16, 2020
I have been waiting for this! Thanks for the ROM.

Also thanks @Apoorv_87, I followed your instructions to install and it worked.

I have a few questions:
How do I enable 120Hz? I cant seem to find it in the display settings.
Do all LineageOS builds come with GApps pre installed now?

You can activate 120Hz from quick settings, just click on the edit icon and than scroll down the last quick setting is of 120Hz just activate it from there

Nov 25, 2019
Thank You sir for creating the first rom for our phone. Rom booted successfully and 120hz is working like a charm.

If anyone having issue in installing this rom here are the steps -
1) Extract lineage-17.1-20200319-UNOFFICIAL-I001D.zip in your pc and get payload.bin
2)Download payload dumper for windows extract it and than put payload.bin in payload_input folder
3)Run payload_dumper.exe you will get 5 .img files boot,system,vendor,dtbo,vbmeta
4)Flash all of the .img files using fastboot command and than reboot
everytime i flash system or vendor it says i have a storage limit and fails, there is literally nothing in my sotrage

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

i managed to flash but it skipped the setup proccess and nothing but the home screen works, does anyone know why?

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

i managed to flash but it skipped the setup proccess and nothing but the home screen works, does anyone know why?

luca020400

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2014
Genoa
So here a few tips:
I haven't tested flashing with TWRP, all I know is that it works properly using Lineage Recovery, that is provided within the ROM.
I'll upload it as a standalone image
This build includes Gapps because I'm testing -user builds with verity enabled, so these images are basically my goto for testing CTS.
The current broken things are the vibrator ( will fix soon hopefully ) and air triggers ( probably won't be fixed )

Magisk worked last time I tried flashing it, so it should be fine.

For anyone coming from stock/another rom you have to wipe data _properly_ using the fastboot -w command

RSpe

Dec 23, 2019
did you flash through twrp?, and did it skip setup for you aswell?

I unpacked the zip, got the boot.img (same as the one linked above) moved it to my phone, pactched it with Magisk, moved it back to my PC then flashed it.
This is the only way I could get it working for me. TWRP would break the ROM and make me have to reinstall.

I still went through setup.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the ASUS ROG Phone II

Contributors
    luca020400
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10

Version Information

Created 2020-03-19
    Last Updated 2020-03-19
    Hey it's not dead lol.
    I've just been busy with lineage as you may not know I'm the director, and releasing builds unofficially isn't certainly my first priority.
    We went official as of yesterday, and we'll join as soon as the vibrator is fixed.
    I uploaded a new build and recovery image.
    Based off latest ASUS build ( except for vibrator, this one bothers me too much )
    Without GAPPS, must be flashed separately ( opengapps are fine )
    Fingerprint icon doesn't overlap the lockscreen input buttons anymore

All the new Lineage changes included :)
    Also of course you need to be on the latest Android 10 build by Asus.
    If there are some size issues, that might happen on some variants, I based the partition sizes on my device, things may change.
    New build and recovery are up, see link in OP
    No changes, fixed package to be flashable in TWRP
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone